2020-2021 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How long did they tell you it would be? Brian Steele said 6-8 weeks but in last years thread it was anywhere from 3-6 depending on where they were at in the cycle. I know this is all speculative but it’s fun to speculate!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did they tell you it would be? Brian Steele said 6-8 weeks but in last years thread it was anywhere from 3-6 depending on where they were at in the cycle. I know this is all speculative but it’s fun to speculate!
6-8 weeks. Two of my friends in 2019 heard back from KUSOM before thanks giving!. I think around thanks giving we will get to know something!!

6-8 weeks. Two of my friends in 2019 heard back from KUSOM before thanks giving!. I think around thanks giving we will get to know something!!

How amazing would it be to go to thanksgiving and not get hounded by extended family about what the f you’re doing with your life??!

Reactions: 3 users
I just noticed that my file wasn't marked complete until 10/14 even though all my letters and secondary app was marked received 7/27.. anyone know what is up with that??? I'm IS, have good stats, and have been accepted elsewhere so I'm not super concerned, just confused why I haven't heard anything and why they took forever to verify my application.

Accepted at 4:30. IS, non-trad, RD.

Reactions: 2 users
6-8 weeks my butt! I interviewed the week after you guys... finding out next week would be amazing.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today. LM 82. Confused.

• Sad
  • Care
Sorry to hear that :( Maybe yield protection? Are you IS?

Yep. IS, interviewed 10/7. I'm not the best interviewer and i only had 50 ish nonclinical volunteering, but i didn't think either of those would be so fatal

Yep. IS, interviewed 10/7. I'm not the best interviewer and i only had 50 ish nonclinical volunteering, but i didn't think either of those would be so fatal

That’s a bummer. With a 52X and near perfect GPA you’ll surely get in somewhere!

Waitlisted today.. II 10/08 (IS) :-( . Anyone knows what is the possibility of WL to A with KU.. ?

Any other IS with decent stats that still haven't heard anything? I interviewed here very early last year with lower stats (have increased LM by 4). I'm concerned my interview/app last year is hurting my chances for an II this year :( complete mid-August.

Waitlisted today.. II 10/08 (IS) :-( . Anyone knows what is the possibility of WL to A with KU.. ?

Depends on your position within the WL. Last year they accepted at least 47 off WL in 2019-2020 based off last years thread. It’s been between 5-55 within the last 6 years or so.

Reactions: 1 user
Any other IS with decent stats that still haven't heard anything? I interviewed here very early last year with lower stats (have increased LM by 4). I'm concerned my interview/app last year is hurting my chances for an II this year :( complete mid-August.

You’ll get an interview.

Depends on your position within the WL. Last year they accepted at least 47 off WL in 2019-2020 based off last years thread. It’s been between 5-55 within the last 6 years or so.
Is there a way to find out where you are in the WL?

Is there a way to find out where you are in the WL?

“Wait until March” doesn’t mean you’ve been waitlisted. It means they won’t give you a decision until March. If/when you are actually waitlisted, they will tell you where you are on the list.

“Wait until March” doesn’t mean you’ve been waitlisted. It means they won’t give you a decision until March. If/when you are actually waitlisted, they will tell you where you are on the list.
Thanks for this clarification. Do you happen to know which is better? WL or wait until March.

Thanks for this clarification. Do you happen to know which is better? WL or wait until March.

Your decision in March could be an acceptance, a WL, or a rejection (I think?). Personally, I'd rather be told to wait until March than be told I'm waitlisted today - you can still be accepted in March.

Your decision in March could be an acceptance, a WL, or a rejection (I think?). Personally, I'd rather be told to wait until March than be told I'm waitlisted today - you can still be accepted in March.
Thanks much for the info And giving me the hope.

Also got an II! Complete 8/14, IS, LM 66. I guess I freaked out too soon earlier today lol.

II today as well! loved that they gave an automatic date. IS, complete 8/6, non-trad, LM 66

what a nice start to the weekend!

Last edited:
II 10/30 also! Umm it says my file was marked complete 10/02, IS

I got an email on 10/29 from KU saying I have been held in wait until march category. Any body has similar situation??? Interviewed on 10/7/IS/ Non-trad/ LM 66.3/ MCAT 505/ sGPA 3.83

I got an email on 10/29 from KU saying I have been held in wait until march category. Any body has similar situation??? Interviewed on 10/7/IS/ Non-trad/ LM 66.3/ MCAT 505/ sGPA 3.83

KU accepts 10% of the top interviewee pool and rejects the bottom 10% early on... the rest of the 80% of interviewees don´t hear back until March! So don´t lose hope. I hope you get in!

What do y’all think the chances are of the adcom having skipped this past Tuesday’s meeting on account of the election?

Today could be the day for the 10/14-15 crew...

ACCEPTED!!! Cannot believe this is actually happening...

Just got the A! So unbelievably happy. Can't wait to see you guys in the Summer!

Do they accept application updates here?

They do accept updates. If they’ve already voted on your application it won’t do anything, but if you interviewed after the 10/14-15 group or haven’t interviewed yet, it may be worth a shot.

They do accept updates. If they’ve already voted on your application it won’t do anything, but if you interviewed after the 10/14-15 group or haven’t interviewed yet, it may be worth a shot.

Thanks! Do we just send them via email?