2020-2021 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II at 6pm CST!!
IS, under review 10/1

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I’m starting to think it’s a silent R for me because of my stats :”(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
OOS...radio silence...anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was told they don’t look at OOS applicants until spring
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that there was an OOS applicant at their interview day in the fall of 2020. I wonder if since there are so little spots for OOS that we just don't know about them because not everyone is on SDN.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that there was an OOS applicant at their interview day in the fall of 2020. I wonder if since there are so little spots for OOS that we just don't know about them because not everyone is on SDN.
Is also possible that OOS was a functional IS, live in LA before or Parents are LA residents Ei: Strong Ties to the state.

Does anyone know how to find out more about scholarships for this school and if you qualify?

hey guys, so no oos interviews have been sent out yet? how long does their interview cycle typically last?

Hello everyone
My interview is coming up. Any advice from those who already interviewed? I've been a nervous wreck the past few days as this is my only scheduled interview so far. Thanks!!

Hello everyone
My interview is coming up. Any advice from those who already interviewed? I've been a nervous wreck the past few days as this is my only scheduled interview so far. Thanks!!
Be yourself! Answer honestly and express a genuine interest in the field as well as living in Shreveport. Have a few experiences handy that you could use to explain your answers for generic questions they usually bring up (why medicine, explain a time you overcame a struggle/showed leadership, what excites you about medicine, what is your biggest achievement, etc...). At the end you should get a chance to ask your interviewer a question-- it doesn't have to be super elaborate, it could be as simple as "why your specialty?". They mostly care about getting to know you so that they can vouch for you during those admissions committee meetings! So tell them your story and as long as you are sincere, confident, and professional you should be good! :) If you have any other questions feel free to DM me!

Reactions: 1 users
Be yourself! Answer honestly and express a genuine interest in the field as well as living in Shreveport. Have a few experiences handy that you could use to explain your answers for generic questions they usually bring up (why medicine, explain a time you overcame a struggle/showed leadership, what excites you about medicine, what is your biggest achievement, etc...). At the end you should get a chance to ask your interviewer a question-- it doesn't have to be super elaborate, it could be as simple as "why your specialty?". They mostly care about getting to know you so that they can vouch for you during those admissions committee meetings! So tell them your story and as long as you are sincere, confident, and professional you should be good! :) If you have any other questions feel free to DM me!
This is great, thank you :)

What month did you interview with LSU Nola? Also when were you complete?
Interviewed with nola early November and got NFA’d so still waiting to hear back! I was complete and under active consideration with them on 9/9/2020

II today, IS, LM ~74, application complete on 7/27. I declined the interview since I have a couple of acceptances I'm happy with - hope it goes to one of you!!

• Love
Any idea on how many students joined the FB page? Trying to estimate how many seats are available :)

Seems like it! I don’t interview til 2/23 so it’s a little discouraging /:
As a current MSI, dont base the amount of seats available based on the number of people in the facebook group. There are admins (current MSIs who oversee the group) and they will sometimes add other MSIs to facilitate answering questions and maintaining the group. For reference, we have 150 kids and 172 people in our facebook group

For those of you losing hope, know that there are many people who will join early and then go to other schools and some of my friends interviewed late (like april) and are striving in class too.

As a current MSI, dont base the amount of seats available based on the number of people in the facebook group. There are admins (current MSIs who oversee the group) and they will sometimes add other MSIs to facilitate answering questions and maintaining the group. For reference, we have 150 kids and 172 people in our facebook group

For those of you losing hope, know that there are many people who will join early and then go to other schools and some of my friends interviewed late (like april) and are striving in class too.
Tips for OOS Students?

This is reassuring, thanks

Anyone who interviewed last week or the week before, should we be expecting a letter today?