You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Meharry
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not sure but it should be fine to turn it in nowI was verified on September 30 7:04 PM and Meharry sent a secondary on September 30 7:10 PM. But, I just now saw the email since it was in my junk folder!! :/ How quick of a turnaround do they prefer on these?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is the third time meharry has sent me a complete email even though I didn’t even finish the secondary nor do I intend to haha! I was rejected last year and submitted my primary this year but then adcoms on here told me there is no way I will get in with my stats and being ORM so I decided not to spend time on the secondary but meharry is guilty tripping me even though I know they won’t accept me sigh !
Received an email acknowledgment of receipt for my application on 8/17, but still no secondary.
What were ur stats
This is the third time meharry has sent me a complete email even though I didn’t even finish the secondary nor do I intend to haha! I was rejected last year and submitted my primary this year but then adcoms on here told me there is no way I will get in with my stats and being ORM so I decided not to spend time on the secondary but meharry is guilty tripping me even though I know they won’t accept me sigh !
Cgpa: 3.35 sgpa: 3.06 mcat:498 ! So pretty low for meharry hence the rejection last year! And ORM/but economically disadvantaged!What were ur stats
I see from last year that they send them out in waves, kinda unpredictablyReceived an email acknowledgment of receipt for my application on 8/17, but still no secondary.
D
deleted1065184
Lol this is the third time they're sent it to me too and I also have not/do not plan to submit my secondary. It is just way too late and I don't have the energy or funds to pay to apply to another school after all this time. It is getting a bit ridiculous at this point.This is the third time meharry has sent me a complete email even though I didn’t even finish the secondary nor do I intend to haha! I was rejected last year and submitted my primary this year but then adcoms on here told me there is no way I will get in with my stats and being ORM so I decided not to spend time on the secondary but meharry is guilty tripping me even though I know they won’t accept me sigh !
MD.Loading
Full Member
Sooner is always better. Many people aim for 2 weeks, I personally aim for 1 but all you can do now is get it done at this point. Good luck!I was verified on September 30 7:04 PM and Meharry sent a secondary on September 30 7:10 PM. But, I just now saw the email since it was in my junk folder!! :/ How quick of a turnaround do they prefer on these?
MD.Loading
Full Member
I wonder what percentage of applicants are screened out prior to them sending secondaries.
I still have the secondary payment submission link despite uploading the FAP approval letter to the portal. I am not sure if my application is complete. I called admission, I was told to send an email instead. I emailed them last week and didn’t receive a confirmation as of yet.
Is anyone else still waiting on a secondary? I finally received the primary completion email on 9/2, and I'm really tempted to reach out and ask for a secondary.
Me! Still waiting and received the same email earlier than you.Is anyone else still waiting on a secondary? I finally received the primary completion email on 9/2, and I'm really tempted to reach out and ask for a secondary.
Anyone had any luck in reaching out to ask for a secondary? Some schools seem to like the initiative, while others don't appreciate it..Me! Still waiting and received the same email earlier than you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m waiting as wellAnyone had any luck in reaching out to ask for a secondary? Some schools seem to like the initiative, while others don't appreciate it..
Wait what? How were you able to upload the FAP letter. It didnt give me any option to upload the FAP letter in the portal. Rather, it was asking for a waiver codeI still have the secondary payment submission link despite uploading the FAP approval letter to the portal. I am not sure if my application is complete. I called admission, I was told to send an email instead. I emailed them last week and didn’t receive a confirmation as of yet.
MD.Loading
Full Member
Well I sent them an email weeks ago and JUST heard back. The response was confusing. They said they DO participate in FAP but there is no waiver for the secondary so....lol idk what they mean when they say they participate in it but don't honor it but I know it will probably take several more weeks for me to get clarification so.....Wait what? How were you able to upload the FAP letter. It didnt give me any option to upload the FAP letter in the portal. Rather, it was asking for a waiver code
Crestacean
Full Member
Well I sent them an email weeks ago and JUST heard back. The response was confusing. They said they DO participate in FAP but there is no waiver for the secondary so....lol idk what they mean when they say they participate in it but don't honor it but I know it will probably take several more weeks for me to get clarification so.....
I think they mean that if you have FAP, then you don't need a waiver code. I submitted the app without the payment or a code and I think other people earlier in the thread did too. Is there a glitch that makes you pay?
MD.Loading
Full Member
Welp they definitely charged me lol....I emailed them about it and that was the response so.....I think they mean that if you have FAP, then you don't need a waiver code. I submitted the app without the payment or a code and I think other people earlier in the thread did too. Is there a glitch that makes you pay?
That's so weird. I also have FAP and submitted without entering a waiver.....Welp they definitely charged me lol....I emailed them about it and that was the response so.....
Hey ya'll! Just added Meharry on the 13th after getting MCAT score back. Got a secondary the next day. Probably going to submit tonight or maybe tomorrow. Good luck everyone!
The waiting is daunting lol
Ikr. It would be so nice if they had any updates on their app portal.
Black_Taurean
Full Member
Has anyone gotten an II?
I haven’t. And when I view my application there is a sent date but there is no confirmation date
Has anyone gotten an II?
Nope
I honestly have a feeling they’ll start going out next week! Just comparing to last years thread, this one seems to be two weeks behind
Does meharry screen for secondaries and if u take the mcat twice but score lower by 2 points which score do they consider
Does meharry screen for secondaries and if u take the mcat twice but score lower by 2 points which score do they consider
According to their listing on the MSAR:
"All applicants do not receive the secondary application; applicants are prescreened and invited to complete the secondary application if eligible."
I'm not sure how they look at the MCAT though. Their web site only says they look at scores from the last 3 years, but not how they consider them.
MD.Loading
Full Member
They do screen, not sure about MCAT I would assume highest score but I can't say. Sorry.Does meharry screen for secondaries and if u take the mcat twice but score lower by 2 points which score do they consider
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This school keeps sending me the same email like 5 times. "Your application is still under review" -__- I did take my MCAT late but this is working my nerves loll.
Is anyone else tempted to withdraw their application because of slowness/disorganization?? I was verified early Sept and doubt I was screened out because of stats (3.2 sgpa 3.5 cgpa 513) but I still haven't received a secondary
They really only started sending out secondaries very recently so there is a lot of reading for them to do.Is anyone else tempted to withdraw their application because of slowness/disorganization?? I was verified early Sept and doubt I was screened out because of stats (3.2 sgpa 3.5 cgpa 513) but I still haven't received a secondary
MD.Loading
Full Member
Yeah it's rough. They have a VERY small admissions staff but from what I know about the school and what happens once you are accepted, it's worth it. There could be many reasons why. Several people who were verified well after me got secondsries before me. There must be something on their end explaining that. Then there's also the fact that screening may not look solely at stats. There's so many variables but patience is key with Meharry. Good luck!Is anyone else tempted to withdraw their application because of slowness/disorganization?? I was verified early Sept and doubt I was screened out because of stats (3.2 sgpa 3.5 cgpa 513) but I still haven't received a secondary
It seems like the people getting secondaries were verified very recently. Hopefully, Meharry is not going just gonna go in backwards order lol.
they might be lol. I got verified late in September, and less than a week later got invited for meharry’s secondary, lol. Hoping for the next step to work out as well!!!
Meharry takes a while for everything. Just buckle up lol
Has anyone even received an II yet?
MD.Loading
Full Member
Doubt it. They probably would've posted about it. Meharry takes their time though. Last year first II began in October and I imagine that'll be delayed this yearHas anyone even received an II yet?
Mellyjelly123
Full Member
Is a letter from a math professor also count as a science letter?
superintroduction
Full Member
Has anyone else heard absolutely nothing from here since submitting in September? Not even an under review email?
Yes, I used my biostats prof and physics profIs a letter from a math professor also count as a science letter?
Haven’t heard anything besides the “thank you for submitting your secondary email.”Has anyone else heard absolutely nothing from here since submitting in September? Not even an under review email?
Doubt it. They probably would've posted about it. Meharry takes their time though. Last year first II began in October and I imagine that'll be delayed this year
I received a II last week, and was verified by amcas the week before! But I haven’t heard anything since.
A secondary or an interview?I received a II last week, and was verified by amcas the week before! But I haven’t heard anything since.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MeeeeeeeeeeeHas anyone else heard absolutely nothing from here since submitting in September? Not even an under review email?
MD.Loading
Full Member
Wow that's a quick turnaround! I was verified back in September, completed the secondary right away and haven't heard back. What were your stats?I received a II last week, and was verified by amcas the week before! But I haven’t heard anything since.
MD.Loading
Full Member
Wait do you mean interview invite (II) or secondary app invitation? II means interview invite.I received a II last week, and was verified by amcas the week before! But I haven’t heard anything since.
confuzzled10
Full Member
if you go through LIV post history, I assume they mean secondary invite.Wait do you mean interview invite (II) or secondary app invitation? II means interview invite.
MD.Loading
Full Member
Yes, most likely.if you go through LIV post history, I assume they mean secondary invite.