2020-2021 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Are the links to the institution page from the submitted form not working? I got a confirmation email that my application has been submitted but I can't really see the checklist or make the links work.

Same. It keeps giving me a 404 error. I replaced the www with home and it took me to their normal website but with a different error message. So I take it there is no way to review the status of our application? Or if they correctly received our letters?

Some others mentioned a "your application is under review" email. I have not received that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received secondary on Friday around 3:11 pm, primary was verified on 8/11, I also got the "thank you for your application to meharry" email but I haven't submitted the secondary yet lol
 
What do you guys make of the retention rate and board scores? Is anyone concerned about it or do you think there’s some other extraneous factor contributing to it?
 
What did you do?
Email them! For another school, I realized I misread a a question and wrote N/A. I emailed them because I figured the worst they could say was no we can't change it, but then they added it to my application!

There's no harm in asking!
So in one of the essays, I accidentally put other medical school's name instead of putting Meharry on it. My brain was literally fried up from consecutive 12 hour shifts at the hospital. I should've given some time to myself before submitting the essay, fml.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently everyone who applied ED gets an II this cycle. Is that common for EDP for previous years?
 
Most recent I've seen was 2015 but I didn't see anything alarming. what exactly was your initial comment referring to?
You are right, im so sorry, yes, 2015.
It is still concerning to me because it is not like Meharry is a new institution and trying to figure things out for their board score pass rate and retention rate to be low. I am not saying this from a hate Meharry perspective lol it is my number 1 actually, I am just curious as to the reason!
 
Oh, no, wait, I used the new link and still got an error. But a crazier error this time.


Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not find file 'D:\inetpub\wwwroot\prospectivestudents\admissions\school-of-medicine\_sidenav.inc'.

Source Error:


Line 223: <ul id="nestedParent4">
Line 224:
Line 225: <!--#include virtual="/prospectivestudents/admissions/school-of-medicine/_sidenav.inc" -->
Line 226:
Line 227: </ul>

Source File: /prospectivestudents/admissions/school-of-medicine/index.html Line: 225

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4075.0
 
Oh, no, wait, I used the new link and still got an error. But a crazier error this time.


Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not find file 'D:\inetpub\wwwroot\prospectivestudents\admissions\school-of-medicine\_sidenav.inc'.

Source Error:


Line 223: <ul id="nestedParent4">
Line 224:
Line 225: <!--#include virtual="/prospectivestudents/admissions/school-of-medicine/_sidenav.inc" -->
Line 226:
Line 227: </ul>

Source File: /prospectivestudents/admissions/school-of-medicine/index.html Line: 225

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4075.0


That's what I'm getting to! I got a secondary complete email but just wanted to log in so I can make sure I didn't miss anything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you can't check your status but you can get back in to view your app. after you get to the "access denied" page, click on the Meharry logo in the upper left. it'll take you to a new page. in the "returning applicants" section, click "review your activity". on this page, click "view form HTML" to see a very odd-looking version of your app lol. hope this helps.
 
you can't check your status but you can get back in to view your app. after you get to the "access denied" page, click on the Meharry logo in the upper left. it'll take you to a new page. in the "returning applicants" section, click "review your activity". on this page, click "view form HTML" to see a very odd-looking version of your app lol. hope this helps.

West Virginia uses the same system. It's....unique.
 
you can't check your status but you can get back in to view your app. after you get to the "access denied" page, click on the Meharry logo in the upper left. it'll take you to a new page. in the "returning applicants" section, click "review your activity". on this page, click "view form HTML" to see a very odd-looking version of your app lol. hope this helps.

Thank you!
 
You are right, im so sorry, yes, 2015.
It is still concerning to me because it is not like Meharry is a new institution and trying to figure things out for their board score pass rate and retention rate to be low. I am not saying this from a hate Meharry perspective lol it is my number 1 actually, I am just curious as to the reason!
Maybe I'm not seeing what you're seeing but I don't see any concerning stats. Which ones are you referring to? All I know is from alumni I've shadowed and consulted with they all say meharry was an amazing experience, they felt better prepared and performed well on exams.
 
Maybe I'm not seeing what you're seeing but I don't see any concerning stats. Which ones are you referring to? All I know is from alumni I've shadowed and consulted with they all say Meharry was an amazing experience, they felt better prepared and performed well on exams.
The stats I am referring to are the retention rate, which was 72% for that year at Meharry, compared to around 84% compared to the national average, and the USMLE pass rate, which was 88% compared to the national average of 96% . Like I said, I am just asking if anyone has any insight from insider, such as what you gave, which is very helpful!
 
You are right, im so sorry, yes, 2015.
It is still concerning to me because it is not like Meharry is a new institution and trying to figure things out for their board score pass rate and retention rate to be low. I am not saying this from a hate Meharry perspective lol it is my number 1 actually, I am just curious as to the reason!
Everything seems to be above 80%.
The stats I am referring to are the retention rate, which was 72% for that year at Meharry, compared to around 84% compared to the national average, and the USMLE pass rate, which was 88% compared to the national average of 96% . Like I said, I am just asking if anyone has any insight from insider, such as what you gave, which is very helpful!
Ohh gotcha. Yes, that can be concerning. I'd be curious to see their recent stats as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Meharry actually require casper? I see Meharry as an option on casper's website but no mention of casper on meharry's website