2020-2021 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Jumpin in this little thread here, complete 7/30 and in limbo :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a "complete" email even though I'm still waiting on my committee letter, which hasn't been uploaded to AACOMAS nor is it marked on AZCOM's applicant portal...is this normal?

Members don't see this ad :)
received an II earlier today, completed 6/28, OOS

Reactions: 7 users
anyone know how long it takes to get a 2°?
added AZCOM last minute yesterday to AACOMAS.

been verified since 6/6

I read somewhere that the post interview acceptance rate for this school is around 70% does anyone know if this is accurate?

Reactions: 1 user
Got a complete email 8/7. Does anyone know how long it’ll take to get a decision hopefully by next week

I completed 06/22, OOS 513, 3.6
No response yet...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
well that's frustrating, but it's AZCOM's loss. Guess it's time to bombard them with emails? :)

Hello kind stranger. Could you tell us more about the dynamic you got from AZCOM and why you chose AZCOM over other schools?
I had interviews at four schools. Alternate list at 2 schools, then I interviewed at AZCOM. I really liked how much they are there for their students. They emphasize that no matter what situation you find yourself in the door is always open. Also I know I do not want to do primary care and this was the only place I interviewed at that didn’t seem to emphasize primary care. They support students going into competitive specialities. When I got accepted here I withdrew my two alternates and canceled my last interview. Phoenix is pretty great too. Kind of hot right bow but I can’t wait until the fall.

Reactions: 5 users
Considering applying to AZCOM. Am I still fine time-wise?

based on what they want, did y'all just copy and paste your AACOMAS onto the CV? lmao

based on what they want, did y'all just copy and paste your AACOMAS onto the CV? lmao

Whereas my AACOMAS work/activities was focused a lot on what I learned, how I grew from experiences, and other reflective writings, I made my CV short and gave brief, functional descriptions of what the job/responsibility was. It appears they use it during your interview as the interviewers otherwise doesn't look at your app. I figured a quick one sentence summary is more conducive for an interviewer to look at quickly and ask a question rather than a paragraph of text describing what you learned from an activity.

Whereas my AACOMAS work/activities was focused a lot on what I learned, how I grew from experiences, and other reflective writings, I made my CV short and gave brief, functional descriptions of what the job/responsibility was. It appears they use it during your interview as the interviewers otherwise doesn't look at your app. I figured a quick one sentence summary is more conducive for an interviewer to look at quickly and ask a question rather than a paragraph of text describing what you learned from an activity.
makes sense! thank you.

FYI, in my rejection e-mail, they listed a way to reach them for feedback. I e-mailed them and got a response that my grades were good, but their committee is looking for a 507+ MCAT.

Reactions: 6 users
FYI, in my rejection e-mail, they listed a way to reach them for feedback. I e-mailed them and got a response that my grades were good, but their committee is looking for a 507+ MCAT.

uh... is there average MCAT not a 506? as in how does that work if their “minimum” is 507?

Someone fact check me

• Wow

Thanks for the info! When were you complete by chance?

The only thing I could possibly think of is that they are trying to look like a more prestigious, competitive school. But either way, they should still have the ability to accept lower MCAT candidates that look good holistically. If your stats are up to par, I'm sure another school will give you a shot, just keep your head up and stay optimistic! It's a longgg cycle and it's only the beginning. You got this!!

Reactions: 2 users
uh... is there average MCAT not a 506? as in how does that work if their “minimum” is 507?

Someone fact check me
yes, their class of 2023 profile shows average MCAT 506.

Someone fact check me

They could be trying to increase the stats

Thanks for the info! When were you complete by chance?

Hey, np. Looks like I was complete July 28th.

The only thing I could possibly think of is that they are trying to look like a more prestigious, competitive school. But either way, they should still have the ability to accept lower MCAT candidates that look good holistically. If your stats are up to par, I'm sure another school will give you a shot, just keep your head up and stay optimistic! It's a longgg cycle and it's only the beginning. You got this!!

Thanks for the encouragement :) Yeah, I assume the rest of my app is fine. They had also mentioned that if I retook the MCAT and scored 507+, to contact them and they'd do an updated review. I just wanted to share the info so others know what to expect.

II today, complete 7/1. 3.43c, 3.46s, 512 mcat

Reactions: 4 users
For those that got II’s today... mind sharing your MCAT scores?? Interested to see if they are strictly inviting 507+.

Beautiful stats <3

Dude you should change your profile pic to something that helps you retain anonymity since you never know if Adcoms go through this page and can see your posts whatever they may be

Dude you should change your profile pic to something that helps you retain anonymity since you never know if Adcoms go through this page and can see your posts whatever they may be

And spoiler alert...almost all adcoms look at SDN :)

II received today at 12:37 am western time( OOS/west coaster, 511 MCAT, 3.6 GPA/3.5 sGPA) I do wish we could have an interview that's 10 am west coast time (notably interviews are at 7 am west coast time for the ones I've sent thus far) but c'est la vie.

Last edited:
II received today at 12:37 am western time( OOS/west coaster, 511 MCAT, 3.6 GPA/3.5 sGPA) I do wish we could have an interview that's 10 am west coast time (notably interviews are at 7 am west coast time for the ones I've sent thus far) but c'est la vie.
Congrats! When were you complete?

Thank you for the warning. Just changed it!

Has anyone received a II without an MCAT?
According to the DO explorer website, they will not review your application until all parts of your application are in which includes the MCAT score. Given how they're rejecting people with below a 507 MCAT, this makes sense.

for the CV/resume - do we just do bullet points?
I think the format of it is up to you. I personally did bullet points because I've been taught that as the format of a CV/resume and I like its look a lot better. Be aware that an interviewer only has your CV/resume in front of them so it may help for them to be able to skim short and easy bullet points.

According to the DO explorer website, they will not review your application until all parts of your application are in which includes the MCAT score. Given how they're rejecting people with below a 507 MCAT, this makes sense.

I think the format of it is up to you. I personally did bullet points because I've been taught that as the format of a CV/resume and I like its look a lot better. Be aware that an interviewer only has your CV/resume in front of them so it may help for them to be able to skim short and easy bullet points.
Wait they're autorejecting people with below a 507 MCAT??? Or are they just interviewing those with 507+ for now?

Wait they're autorejecting people with below a 507 MCAT??? Or are they just interviewing those with 507+ for now?
Someone earlier in the thread emailed admissions after receiving a rejection and admissions told them they were looking for 507+ applicants. Take with that what you will.