2020-2021 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sample Interview Schedule
  • 11:00 a.m. – Meet the Admissions Representative
  • 11:30 a.m. – Meet the Financial Aid Coordinator
  • 12:00 p.m. – Ambassador Panel and Video Tour of the Medical School
  • 1:15 p.m. – Interview with Admissions Committee Member
  • 2:15 p.m. – Interview with Admissions Committee Member
  • 3:15 p.m. – Interview Wrap-Up
  • 3:45 p.m. – Interview Day Concludes

I already have this schedule.

To applicants that have already interviewed, did your interviews last the entire hour?

Members don't see this ad.

I already have this schedule.

To applicants that have already interviewed, did your interviews last the entire hour?
Mine lasted about 45 minutes each. They both followed the general format of interviewer introduced themselves, I introduced myself ("tell me a bit about yourself") --> why medicine/physician/career change/etc. --> pretty laid back conversation --> with time at the end for questions for the interviewer.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED by phone call today! I'm as traditional as it gets with LM ~70. IS, interviewed yesterday

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED by phone call today! I'm as traditional as it gets with LM ~70. IS, interviewed yesterday

Woah congratulations, interviewed YESTERDAY and accepted TODAY? I am wildly jealous. I interviewed in November last year, got waitlisted in March, and never got off the waitlist. So here I am, applying again, no II yet.

Who else is a re-applicant?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Woah congratulations, interviewed YESTERDAY and accepted TODAY? I am wildly jealous. I interviewed in November last year, got waitlisted in March, and never got off the waitlist. So here I am, applying again, no II yet.

same here, interviewed OCtober last year, got rejected at March

me

Does anyone else obsessively check this thread because they're like me and incapable of being patient like a good little pre-med?

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone else obsessively check this thread because they're like me and incapable of being patient like a good little pre-med?
Maybe I am not remembering correctly, but didn't you apply Early Decision? I thought you would have heard back before everyone else. Or, am I mixed up? Regardless, yeah the waiting game is no fun! Feb/Mar can't come soon enough and finally wrap up all the loose ends (hopefully).

Maybe I am not remembering correctly, but didn't you apply Early Decision? I thought you would have heard back before everyone else. Or, am I mixed up? Regardless, yeah the waiting game is no fun! Feb/Mar can't come soon enough and finally wrap up all the loose ends (hopefully).
You're correct! They didn't interview me early decision so they bumped me to the regular application pool. Good memory!

No activity here means everyone waiting for II?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that interviewed already have any tips?

Anyone that interviewed already have any tips?
The interviews were pretty standard fare. Interviewers were fairly conversational, and it was not nerve-racking. Be ready to talk about the big-ticket topics you would potentially expect on any interview and anything on your application that might pique their interest.

Reactions: 1 users
How soon after submitting a secondary did you all hear back about interviews? I received a secondary out of state yesterday and submitted last night.

How soon after submitting a secondary did you all hear back about interviews? I received a secondary out of state yesterday and submitted last night.
Submitted late July, interview first week in October.

I’m OOS and submitted my secondary on 9/23. I received an invite on 11/4.

I have a few friends that have gone to Mizzou. One is there now and said that he and most of his friends were put on the alternate list and accepted late in the cycle (like April). Also, with the way they do acceptances, that list they keep is constantly changing. They're not like most schools where they will let you know in 2-4 weeks either way. I wouldn't stress too hard right now friends.

II yesterday at 1:30pm!!
Kinda kicking myself because I only check my email in the mornings now (trying to unplug a bit).
Waiting to schedule it.

Edited: Scheduled for Monday December 7.

Last edited:
II yesterday at 1:30pm!!
Kinda kicking myself because I only check my email in the mornings now (trying to unplug a bit).
Waiting to schedule it.

Edited: Scheduled for Monday December 7.
You got your II by email instead of phone call? (And congrats!!)

I know they release acceptances at the end of each month—anybody happen to know whether that will be before or after Thanksgiving this month?

I know they release acceptances at the end of each month—anybody happen to know whether that will be before or after Thanksgiving this month?
Based on last year it seemed they did it before Thanksgiving week but it may be different.

I interviewed today and Blair from admissions said that they would be sending out emails by the end of this week

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call with some good news! Best of luck to everybody

Reactions: 5 users
Just got pre-II R. Complete 9/14, OOS.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
So sorry.. fingers crossed you will end up at the place that suits you the best

Thanks - I probably would’ve turned down MU anyway! Kansas resident with a KU acceptance so far. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Sad news today. Got the email saying no interview for me. Second time applying to Mizzou. I guess I'm just pretty surprised. I'm an in-state applicant with a 3.93 gpa and a 516 MCAT.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users