You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Missouri, Columbia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
serotonin2
Full Member
Got the status unchanged
Status unchanged, damn. Good luck everybody!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status unchanged. See y’all in March
hopefulfuturemd82
New Member
status unchanged (just now)
firechicken3800
New Member
Status unchanged here, too.
hopefulfuturemd82
New Member
so for those of us w/ status unchanged, will there be another monthly update in February before the early March decisions go out? Or will we just hear in March?
UtilizedAnxiety
Full Member
Also status unchanged. Not sure they accepted anyone from 1/6 interviews. March, here we come!
there was barely any of us there lmao damn. NONE of us got the A?!Also status unchanged. Not sure they accepted anyone from 1/6 interviews. March, here we come!
good questionso for those of us w/ status unchanged, will there be another monthly update in February before the early March decisions go out? Or will we just hear in March?
serotonin2
Full Member
in my interview they said they're skipping februaryso for those of us w/ status unchanged, will there be another monthly update in February before the early March decisions go out? Or will we just hear in March?
AGF_PAC28
New Member
Just a couple questions:Hey Friends!
Rising M2 here so if you have any questions feel free to ask or DM me! I also did my undergraduate and graduate degrees here so I'd like to say that I am pretty well-versed in all things Mizzou.
1. Do you have class every day? I know PBL is a little different so I assume class is mandatory.
2. How have you liked PBL?
3. Is there a preference to stay in CoMo vs Springfield for clinicals?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Canvaseyes
Full Member
M1 hereJust a couple questions:
1. Do you have class every day? I know PBL is a little different so I assume class is mandatory.
2. How have you liked PBL?
3. Is there a preference to stay in CoMo vs Springfield for clinicals?
1) No. Year one is usually MWF 9-12 except Fri is 8-11. I believe M2 is T/R. PBL is mandatory and IPC, but no lecture is mandatory. We end up with more unscheduled time than most programs actually.
2) I love it in theory. I really enjoy going through cases. That being said, your experience depends on your group. And I feel it could be shorter. But not complaining, prefer it over more mandatory events.
3) Huge skew towards CoMo. I think part of it is not wanting to move again, part is people want to stay near friends, and in my case, I'd rather stay closer to home - not further south. If not enough people volunteer Springfield, we have a lottery that's very hard to get out of. We still don't know where we're going but I hear your class will know early (like before you start).
Canvaseyes
Full Member
Oh, anatomy lab is also mandatory but that's variable. You don't have it every week and some weeks it's twice. Usually they're T/R.
M1 here
1) No. Year one is usually MWF 9-12 except Fri is 8-11. I believe M2 is T/R. PBL is mandatory and IPC, but no lecture is mandatory. We end up with more unscheduled time than most programs actually.
2) I love it in theory. I really enjoy going through cases. That being said, your experience depends on your group. And I feel it could be shorter. But not complaining, prefer it over more mandatory events.
3) Huge skew towards CoMo. I think part of it is not wanting to move again, part is people want to stay near friends, and in my case, I'd rather stay closer to home - not further south. If not enough people volunteer Springfield, we have a lottery that's very hard to get out of. We still don't know where we're going but I hear your class will know early (like before you start).
Canvaseyes
Full Member
Also just wanted to add that half of the seats go out in March, usually very early March. In addition to that, the trend recently has been up to about half your class is pulled from the WL. Top third will likely get off, sometimes a good way through the 2nd third (have a good friend in it that is now my classmate).
Yall got this! And hit me up any time if you'd like to grab a coffee, lunch, or take a hike. Best of luck!
Yall got this! And hit me up any time if you'd like to grab a coffee, lunch, or take a hike. Best of luck!
Hi, M2 here!M1 here
1) No. Year one is usually MWF 9-12 except Fri is 8-11. I believe M2 is T/R. PBL is mandatory and IPC, but no lecture is mandatory. We end up with more unscheduled time than most programs actually.
2) I love it in theory. I really enjoy going through cases. That being said, your experience depends on your group. And I feel it could be shorter. But not complaining, prefer it over more mandatory events.
3) Huge skew towards CoMo. I think part of it is not wanting to move again, part is people want to stay near friends, and in my case, I'd rather stay closer to home - not further south. If not enough people volunteer Springfield, we have a lottery that's very hard to get out of. We still don't know where we're going but I hear your class will know early (like before you start).
Just to add on to things:
1) PBL is still mandatory in M2. Instead of MWF 9-12, we’re T/R 1-5pm PLUS you also have to get the initial case information from SPs on Tuesday morning at least 4 weeks of the block.
2) I agree with this. It’s an incredible thought in theory. You’ll have such a vast array of clinical skills prior to most of your friends at other schools (i.e., being able to propose a ddx/interpret labs and clinical findings into a coherent dx). However, for some students (especially during M1), the objectives can be quite time consuming/cumbersome. So, although you have a decent amount of free time, a decent portion is dedicated to creating review PPTs/study guides for other students in your PBL group. So, it’s a balance for sure, but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed PBL/would do it again! 🙂
3) Also, this is true. Many students want to stay in CoMo, but if you’re down for more hands-on experience, Springfield is the place to be. So many M3s/M4s will talk about how they got to assist on practically all surgeries, perform simple procedures on their own, carry a decent load of patients, and just overall have MORE time 1-on-1 with attendings (i.e., amazing for letters of rec when you apply for residency). It’s true that if most of your class prefers CoMo, then your class will have a lottery to determine who goes to what campus. There is an appeal process, and I’ve heard they can be forgiving depending on the circumstances. For example, if you’ve got a chronic medical condition that can only be treated in CoMo, they’re not gonna send you to Springfield. Your class will find out in ~March/April of your M1 year!
AGF_PAC28
New Member
Thank you for the response!Oh, anatomy lab is also mandatory but that's variable. You don't have it every week and some weeks it's twice. Usually they're T/R.
Last question, do you know any classmates that deferred a year by chance? Thanks again for your insight.
Canvaseyes
Full Member
I don't personally know any and am not sure how common it is. I've heard if a few people doing it once in med school, but if anyone deferred from a previous year, I don't know of it.Thank you for the response!
Last question, do you know any classmates that deferred a year by chance? Thanks again for your insight.
Based on everythingI had an interview this past January and received a status unchanged letter. I felt like my interviews were awkward and afterward, felt terrible. Is the final decision solely based on your interviews or everything(AMCAS, secondary, rec letters) is taken into consideration?
UtilizedAnxiety
Full Member
Y’all think next week is the week? Based on last years thread, they sent “wait until March” decisions on March 4th. 🤞🏻
firechicken3800
New Member
Yes, I emailed them, and the admissions office said they would be giving out decisions on March 4th.Y’all think next week is the week? Based on last years thread, they sent “wait until March” decisions on March 4th. 🤞🏻
congrats! When did you interviewGot the call on Thursday, accepted!!!
AGF_PAC28
New Member
Thank you! I interviewed Tuesday, Feb 22nd. Wasn’t expecting to hear anything until March 4th.congrats! When did you interview
serotonin2
Full Member
Who else is counting down the days? I’m ****ting a brick rn
bojackhorseman_premed
New Member
Anyone have any thoughts as to whether Friday will be calls or emails? Last year, it seemed to be phone calls, but in the previous years it seemed to be emails.
I have a feeling it will be Thursday with calls if you’re accepted since it was Thursday last year but who knows.Anyone have any thoughts as to whether Friday will be calls or emails? Last year, it seemed to be phone calls, but in the previous years it seemed to be emails.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bojackhorseman_premed
New Member
I have a friend who interviewed today and she was told we would get our decision this Friday. This next day and a half is gonna be painI have a feeling it will be Thursday with calls if you’re accepted since it was Thursday last year but who knows.
stressed gal27
New Member
So no updates tomorrow?? The last two years decisions have went out on Thursday so I was really hoping tomorrow would be the day 🥲
I was hoping the same, but based on everyone's info it is not looking too hopeful. Only one more day!So no updates tomorrow?? The last two years decisions have went out on Thursday so I was really hoping tomorrow would be the day 🥲
Post-II R right now
Interviewed 1/26
Interviewed 1/26
UtilizedAnxiety
Full Member
Rejected just now - Interviewed 1/6. Going with my other A. Good luck everyone!
firechicken3800
New Member
If they don't mention the waitlist in the email, is it safe to assume you are not on it? Pretty sure I got an R, but holding out a little bit of hope
alternate list
Waited 2 months for the R, sheesh.
Good luck to everyone on the WL or that hasn’t gotten an e-mail yet. It’s been one long cycle and this caps it off for me thankfully.
Good luck to everyone on the WL or that hasn’t gotten an e-mail yet. It’s been one long cycle and this caps it off for me thankfully.
Last edited:
UtilizedAnxiety
Full Member
My email said “you were not offered a position”. If they didn’t mention the alternate list in your email, then unfortunately it’s an R. 🙁If they don't mention the waitlist in the email, is it safe to assume you are not on it? Pretty sure I got an R, but holding out a little bit of hope
Keep your head up!!
Any As yet?
Good luck to everyone who caught the R/WL. You did your best and I’m hoping wherever the future takes you is exactly somewhere you’d be happy being!
Good luck to everyone who caught the R/WL. You did your best and I’m hoping wherever the future takes you is exactly somewhere you’d be happy being!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the call!
Canvaseyes
Full Member
Just popping in to say if anyone who's gotten the call would ever like to meet up with a (future) M2 buddy, I'm in the class before you and happy to share any info and resources I have over coffee or a walk. 🙂
They typically do the calls Thursday and my friend text me with a screenshot so calls are def going out. For those on the alternate list, you're in good shape and strong chance for an A if you're in the top 1/3. If you're in the 2nd, def still a chance. One of my best friends got in off the 2nd third. Best of luck!
They typically do the calls Thursday and my friend text me with a screenshot so calls are def going out. For those on the alternate list, you're in good shape and strong chance for an A if you're in the top 1/3. If you're in the 2nd, def still a chance. One of my best friends got in off the 2nd third. Best of luck!
That’s when I am going to ask.To anyone waitlisted, does the ~after~ March 4th mean Monday for inquiring about position?