2020-2021 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It went SO well. By far the most laid-back and friendly interview I have had. I got my second interviewer debating pineapple on pizza with me for ten minutes. "Just be yourself, don't be nervous" really applied here.
Thanks for letting me know! I have my interview tomorrow. I appreciate your feedback very much!
 
It went SO well. By far the most laid-back and friendly interview I have had. I got my second interviewer debating pineapple on pizza with me for ten minutes. "Just be yourself, don't be nervous" really applied here.
Did they give you a timeframe for when to expect a decision? I've seen folks on here who find out the next day and others who don't hear back for a month.
 
Did they give you a timeframe for when to expect a decision? I've seen folks on here who find out the next day and others who don't hear back for a month.
They release decisions the last working Thursday of the month. Expect some activity on this thread January 28th
 
Interview day went awesome! Both of my interviews were incredibly casual and friendly. It felt more like shooting the breeze with a good friend than getting interviewed. Blair and Robin have such an obvious passion for students and making sure we are successful. It was good to meet all of y'all who were in the group today 🙂
 
Interview day went awesome! Both of my interviews were incredibly casual and friendly. It felt more like shooting the breeze with a good friend than getting interviewed. Blair and Robin have such an obvious passion for students and making sure we are successful. It was good to meet all of y'all who were in the group today 🙂
Completely agree! I had my interview today as well. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. Great experience!
 
Definitely second what others said -- they just want to get to know you and see if you are a good fit for the program. Definitely worth going through the interview feedback on SDN. I don't know who the people are that interviewed today, but it was lovely to meet you!
 
Definitely second what others said -- they just want to get to know you and see if you are a good fit for the program. Definitely worth going through the interview feedback on SDN. I don't know who the people are that interviewed today, but it was lovely to meet you!
Good luck!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been to the inclusivity symposium before? Just wondering what the applicants wore 🙂 i know it says casual but haha feel like no one will follow that anyways
 
Has anyone been to the inclusivity symposium before? Just wondering what the applicants wore 🙂 i know it says casual but haha feel like no one will follow that anyways
I wore a polo and jeans. It definitely is causal and they said that no one on the symposium is a voting adcom member, so it doesn't affect your app. That being said, Dean Zweig was indeed in a suit and tie.
 
Has anyone been to the inclusivity symposium before? Just wondering what the applicants wore 🙂 i know it says casual but haha feel like no one will follow that anyways
Yes, it's casual and I dressed casual. Accepted student! Definitely show up and ask all the questions you have. I loved it!
 
Was the A by email or phone call? Congrats!!
It was via email for me. There apparently was a call but I was in a class zoom and saw the email before the voice-mail (only saw that now). Voice-mail was generic (update about my app), so it won't blow it for you.

Call did come before email (2-3 hours)
 
I think as it gets closer to March they usually do it the last Thursday and occasionally the week before based on previous years
So if they sent acceptances the week before (in this case), can we expect they're done sending for Jan, or there might still be A's going out this coming Thurs?
 
So if they sent acceptances the week before (in this case), can we expect they're done sending for Jan, or there might still be A's going out this coming Thurs?
I'm pretty sure we will hear more people getting in this Thursday as well because they haven't sent out a "status unchanged" email yet.
 
Oh shoot! That's a quick turnaround! I thought the monthly decisions are made every last Thursday?

Congrats !
Yeah unexpectedly quick. I thought they waited til the end of the month too. But I will say that I felt my interview went quite well. And I received some very positive feedback when I called the next day to speak with admissions regarding a few questions I had.

Honestly, I'm so humbled and excited
 
Oh shoot! That's a quick turnaround! I thought the monthly decisions are made every last Thursday?

Congrats !
Actually I just remembered the person I called spoke of being excited about seeing my name "on the list" of people to inform. I have a feeling I may not have been the only one and they also did say 1 wave a month. That being said, someone else made a good point about there not being a status wave update yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am totally fine with news at the end. I am by no means a stellar applicant. However, I did interview in October. Even one individual said that we (the group) may be waiting a while. It sure does suck not knowing about something so big!
 
I am totally fine with news at the end. I am by no means a stellar applicant. However, I did interview in October. Even one individual said that we (the group) may be waiting a while. It sure does suck not knowing about something so big!
Have they consistently sent you the "you're still on the list" email every last Thurs of the month since your interview? Is the email subject line just something very generic like "update about your app"?

Also, props to you for the patience! I just interviewed a couple weeks ago. I'd imagine not knowing since Oct is excruciating.
 
re nervous about it now that some folks got calls last wee

Even more nervous about it now that some folks got calls last week 😭
I wish I had this energy 😂 I’ve accepted I won’t hear anything till the end
Same, I've lost confidence 😢
Just the fact that we all received II means we're being seriously considered. Don't lose the hope and confidence because that's all we got at this point!
 
I know a lot of you are anxious and thats super valid. I'm going to mention the same thing to you all that I did to my friend with an upcoming Mizzou Interview.

The numbers look good. 128 seats of only 400 is a solid chance, then consider multiple will drop over time as they withdraw their A. I know it's a painful waiting game, but for so many of you, your name is already written on that seat, it's already happened and will unfold in our chronological experience of events soon. This is your time and the excruciating wait is almost done. You got this!
 
Have they consistently sent you the "you're still on the list" email every last Thurs of the month since your interview? Is the email subject line just something very generic like "update about your app"?

Also, props to you for the patience! I just interviewed a couple weeks ago. I'd imagine not knowing since Oct is excruciating.
Yes. I just hope that it says something other than "status unchanged"

But I think if you're accepted early, you get a phone call so..
 
Also. Once you all do get your A, fresh baked cookies and open access to hugs from my exceptionally cuddly cat We gotta be here for each other through these trying times and I believe in you <3
I will take the cat hugs 😻
His name is Hippocrates (Hippo for short) and he will forever befriend you if you give him a taste of any dairy or throw a ball for him to fetch. Hit me up any time if ya need some moral support or a pick me up. I have a prime video of him thinking he's a jack in the box and giving my other cat a big surprise 😂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow! Amazing. Do you mind if I ask what questions they asked and any advice you have? Thanks
I can't provide any detail due to the confidentiality agreement, but I would review over your primary and secondary applications, reflect on yourself on why you want to pursue medicine, why you may have had dips in GPA or MCAT, and study our current healthcare system (plus any flaws).