2021-2022 Missouri, Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That’s when I am going to ask.
I'm gonna email either Saturday or Monday. Saturday seems kinda silly but idk. We never know the right time.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna email either Saturday or Monday. Saturday seems kinda silly but idk. We never know the right time.
FYI, my girlfriend sent admissions an email this morning and they responded with where she was on the alternate list.

FYI, my girlfriend sent admissions an email this morning and they responded with where she was on the alternate list.
Oh boy. Yeah I'd like to enjoy my weekend in ignorance. 🤣🤣

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list middle third IS, I guess I’m gonna have to wait a few more months

Congratulations to everyone who the call! Welcome to Mizzou Med! To those who got alternate list/WL, don’t lose hope. As someone else said, Mizzou is VERY well known for accepting tons of students out of their alternate pool (most of PBL group members in Blocks 1/2 were alternate listers). For those who got a Post-II R, don’t give up hope. Getting a rejection letter doesn’t make you any less worthy of being a medical student. You deserve a place, just like everyone else! If you have any questions, or want someone to look at your app, let me know and I’d be happy to swing a glance at it ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
What are the chances for someone on Alternate List top third OOS?

Bottom third. OOS Applicant. I'm going to go ahead and withdraw lol. Best of luck to the rest of yall.

For those of you who were rejected, are on the waitlist, or know someone in that situation let me share some unsolicated motivational stuff.

First time I applied to MU I was "status unchanged" until the very end where I was finally rejected. I was heartbroken. It felt like all the work I had put in meant nothing and that I was failure. I was in a hole for a good month. However, I decided to say "no" to MUs rejection and applied again. I talked to lots of people, did lots of thinking, and fixed the things on my application that I felt needed to be and could be fixed. I reapplied that summer, interviewed in the 2nd week and was accepted in the first month. I just found out this morning that I matched into my speciality of choice. I should have matched last year but I had to take a year off for personal reasons. But I'm here, I matched, and in 2 months I'll be graduating.

I say this to give those of you who may need it hope. Not getting accepted is devasting, but it is not the end unless you choose for it to be the end. There were many times I thought it was the end, but I chose to not let it be. Take some time to recover and if you decide you want to apply again seek out all the advice you can (hopefully from trusted sources) on what you can do better next time. You may not end up being accepted to Mizzou, but if you want to be a doctor you can do it.

To end, let me share one of my favorite quotes: "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

Good luck to you all.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this afternoon off of the waitlist. OOS, non-trad.

Reactions: 5 users
Would anyone here happen to know what this means on their site: "If an applicant has taken significant post-baccalaureate or graduate coursework, the graduate cumulative GPA will be considered individually..."
What is considered significant post-baccalaureate coursework?

Would anyone here happen to know what this means on their site: "If an applicant has taken significant post-baccalaureate or graduate coursework, the graduate cumulative GPA will be considered individually..."
What is considered significant post-baccalaureate coursework?
My assumption would be things like a post-bacc for folks who either did not take pre-requisites during their undergrad period or those who are doing GPA repair by taking higher level classes.

You can reach out to the admissions office with the question, they are very friendly and should be willing to answer your question.

Anyone that's been admitted still waiting for financial aid/scholarship info?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone that's been admitted still waiting for financial aid/scholarship info?

I just saw my loan information was input to myzou today but I haven’t gotten a finalized financial aid letter or info regarding scholarships yet. I was curious if the committee is done reviewing and that means I did not receive any additional scholarships or if they haven’t completed the process yet?

I'm in the same position- I think we were supposed to hear by the 15th but I'm not sure if they're running late or if I'm just not getting anything extra. The emails from them haven't been super clear, but I was hoping to hear either a yes or no.

I'm in the same position- I think we were supposed to hear by the 15th but I'm not sure if they're running late or if I'm just not getting anything extra. The emails from them haven't been super clear, but I was hoping to hear either a yes or no.

Yeah I was under the impression we’d hear by the 15th too and that email from Blair made it seem like everything was out but I still have no clue. I tried to see if scholarship universe gave you an awarded or declined for each scholarship maybe but there doesn’t seem to be any additional information there either. It would just be nice to get a “initial awards have been sent” or something along those lines.

Same- I'm tempted to email them to ask but I would also be so embarassed if they said "yea they've been awarded and you just didn't get one" lol. Not sure what to do esp since the financial aid person is out of office it seems. Maybe I'll wait until the end of the week?

I emailed them. They said scholarships go out until the end of June. They were unable to provide more specifics or percentages of what has already gone out etc.

Can anyone confirm they got a scholarship? I submitted the application well before the deadline and did not hear back.

accepted off the waitlist yesterday morning! IS, first 1/3

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Waitlist movement seems to be slower than in previous years. Hopefully those of us in the middle 1/3 still have a shot🤞.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone on the middle third in state waitlist receive an acceptance yet?