You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Missouri - Columbia
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If it’s pre-interview invite than yes they are receptive. If it’s post interview then no it is not.Does anyone happen to know if MU accepts update letters? I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere, and I’m reluctant to email them.
I was “not advanced” in the most recent post-interview consideration. Talked to someone that made it seem like it’s actually more common to just get accepted in March, rather than right after an interview.
Can anybody speak to the historical accuracy of this statement?
Can anybody speak to the historical accuracy of this statement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what I have heard from current students as well.I was “not advanced” in the most recent post-interview consideration. Talked to someone that made it seem like it’s actually more common to just get accepted in March, rather than right after an interview.
Can anybody speak to the historical accuracy of this statement?
plaguedoctormd
Full Member
It is my understanding that a small number of students are notified at the end of each month, but the vast majority find out at the end of February or beginning of March. This was the case last year as well.I was “not advanced” in the most recent post-interview consideration. Talked to someone that made it seem like it’s actually more common to just get accepted in March, rather than right after an interview.
Can anybody speak to the historical accuracy of this statement?
Righteous. Thank you.It is my understanding that a small number of students are notified at the end of each month, but the vast majority find out at the end of February or beginning of March. This was the case last year as well.
plaguedoctormd
Full Member
Any news/updates?
Last year, they extended my II on October 1st. Still silence this year as of December 4th...
Last year, they extended my II on October 1st. Still silence this year as of December 4th...
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
Got that pre-interview rejection today 😉 OOS
doctorbrooke
Full Member
II just now!!!
Type_A_Personality21
Full Member
II at 12 today!!
Also got the II today, soonest date available was Jan 11th, but most of January was pretty empty from what they told me!
plaguedoctormd
Full Member
So happy for you and everyone else who got a II today! When were you guys complete, and are you IS or OOS?Also got the II today, soonest date available was Jan 11th, but most of January was pretty empty from what they told me!
I was complete 9/24 (IS), so I’m hoping they just haven’t gotten around to late September applicants yet...
Sure here's my timeline as an OOS student:So happy for you and everyone else who got a II today! When were you guys complete, and are you IS or OOS?
I was complete 9/24 (IS), so I’m hoping they just haven’t gotten around to late September applicants yet...
OOS Form received August 17, submitted August 19th, Secondary received and submitted Sept 10th [Complete[, II Dec 7th.
I'm an M3 at mizzou. WL in march and accepted in april. They accept a lot of people over the year. Then usually send out a final decision in march and then when people withdraw in april there is another surge in acceptances. It may have changed since I went through it... things always change lolIt is my understanding that a small number of students are notified at the end of each month, but the vast majority find out at the end of February or beginning of March. This was the case last year as well.
Type_A_Personality21
Full Member
I was complete 8/13 and I am IS!So happy for you and everyone else who got a II today! When were you guys complete, and are you IS or OOS?
I was complete 9/24 (IS), so I’m hoping they just haven’t gotten around to late September applicants yet...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview invite today! Very excited as I'm from the Springfield area and would love to take advantage of doing rotations in the Mercy/Cox systems. My stats aren't stellar (3.5/503) so I'm hoping that I showcase my strengths in the interview enough that they see past the numbers.
Nice! I went to Drury so I'm definitely interested in this, as well. I worked at Mercy for a stint and talked to a couple Mizzou students there, and they said they loved the Springfield rotations. They felt it was very personalized and hands-on. Also, just be yourself! It's a very lax interview, so enjoy it and let them know who you really are!Just got an interview invite today! Very excited as I'm from the Springfield area and would love to take advantage of doing rotations in the Mercy/Cox systems. My stats aren't stellar (3.5/503) so I'm hoping that I showcase my strengths in the interview enough that they see past the numbers.
Accepted via phone call yesterday morning. Interviewed 12/8. OOS.
Whoa that’s awesome! Congratulations!! Did you think your interviews went super well or something? I thought they only did end of month A’s usually.Accepted via phone call yesterday morning. Interviewed 12/8. OOS.
Serendip1ty
Full Member
Not sure, but based on my interview yesterday, it seems like they accept 10 people per month.Do we know how many people have been accepted so far (roughly)?
Oh yeah so they probably have 30ish acceptances assuming some didn’t decline their acceptances. Thanks!Not sure, but based on my interview yesterday, it seems like they accept 10 people per month.
Is anyone attending the accepted students session tonight?
I can't make it because of work. I hope they do another one in the future.Is anyone attending the accepted students session tonight?
Congrats to all who have been accepted so far!
Now that I could say that, I am a little worried. I interviewed very early (one of the earliest) and even they said we may be in for a while. Is it true this school accepts a majority? a lot? in like early March? I got the email three times for october, november, and december that I had an unchanged status and it just really is worrisome! :/
Now that I could say that, I am a little worried. I interviewed very early (one of the earliest) and even they said we may be in for a while. Is it true this school accepts a majority? a lot? in like early March? I got the email three times for october, november, and december that I had an unchanged status and it just really is worrisome! :/
Congrats to all who have been accepted so far!
Now that I could say that, I am a little worried. I interviewed very early (one of the earliest) and even they said we may be in for a while. Is it true this school accepts a majority? a lot? in like early March? I got the email three times for october, november, and december that I had an unchanged status and it just really is worrisome! :/
Yes! I would almost say Mizzou is primarily non-rolling as there are 100+ acceptances to give out after March
Congrats to all who have been accepted so far!
Now that I could say that, I am a little worried. I interviewed very early (one of the earliest) and even they said we may be in for a while. Is it true this school accepts a majority? a lot? in like early March? I got the email three times for october, november, and december that I had an unchanged status and it just really is worrisome! :/
I was one of the few who got accepted last year before the mass acceptances in March. I interviewed in mid-September but didn't end up hearing back until the end of January. However, I would say most of the class gets accepted near early March, so don't fret. It happens! You're likely just one or two spots below the cutoff to call and accept early. That doesn't make you any worse of an applicant. Best of luck! I look forward to seeing all the new M1s next year, including you. 🙂
Is anyone attending the accepted students session tonight?
I am!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1023083
I am a reapplicant. I interviewed last year in October and was rejected in March.Congrats to all who have been accepted so far!
Now that I could say that, I am a little worried. I interviewed very early (one of the earliest) and even they said we may be in for a while. Is it true this school accepts a majority? a lot? in like early March? I got the email three times for october, november, and december that I had an unchanged status and it just really is worrisome! :/
That's nice..I am a reapplicant. I interviewed last year in October and was rejected in March.
Does anyone know if OOS status affects your ranking on the waitlist? I interviewed 12/16 and got the unchanged status update on 12/17. I thought my interviews went pretty well but I am wondering if the IS students get additional points or are ranked higher than the OOS students on the wait list? Are OOS and IS students put on the same waitlist? Just wondering if I should be hopeful to get extended an A later on or if I should not expect to make if it off the waitlist...
Any insight would be much appreciated.
Any insight would be much appreciated.
plaguedoctormd
Full Member
If things are the same as last cycle, there are completely separate waitlists for IS and OOS students. This past May, they were accepting students off the middle third of the IS waitlist but the top third of the OOS waitlist.Does anyone know if OOS status affects your ranking on the waitlist? I interviewed 12/16 and got the unchanged status update on 12/17. I thought my interviews went pretty well but I am wondering if the IS students get additional points or are ranked higher than the OOS students on the wait list? Are OOS and IS students put on the same waitlist? Just wondering if I should be hopeful to get extended an A later on or if I should not expect to make if it off the waitlist...
Any insight would be much appreciated.
Hope this helps!
I’d like to send a pre-II update, but I wondered if I should send it now or wait until after the break, if it may get buried? What do you guys think?
It’s up to you! I can tell you the OME will be closed from December 25 to January 1, with staff returning on January 4. I’m sure it won’t get buried, especially as they’re constantly reviewing applicants. I don’t see any issue whether you submit one before Christmas or after.I’d like to send a pre-II update, but I wondered if I should send it now or wait until after the break, if it may get buried? What do you guys think?
Thank you! This was very helpful!If things are the same as last cycle, there are completely separate waitlists for IS and OOS students. This past May, they were accepting students off the middle third of the IS waitlist but the top third of the OOS waitlist.
Hope this helps!
They do!Does anyone happen to know if MU accepts update letters? I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere, and I’m reluctant to email them.
Got yeeted today. 516/3.60 cGPA/3.97 post-bacc GPA, non-trad in-state ORM with lots of research experience.
II just now, but a quick question.
I was already accepted to another school earlier December and made the deposit to attend the school. Am I still obligated to attend that school that I made the deposit to, or can I refuse the seat and attend Mizzou if accepted ?
I was already accepted to another school earlier December and made the deposit to attend the school. Am I still obligated to attend that school that I made the deposit to, or can I refuse the seat and attend Mizzou if accepted ?
I just got an II too. I am actually shocked lol, does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate ??
Type_A_Personality21
Full Member
I saw this on Reddit:I just got an II too. I am actually shocked lol, does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate ??
Rejected pre-II just now. Was going to send an update, guess I didn't send it soon enough haha. IS, GPA 3.86/MCAT 505. I know they said they don't give feedback, but I wonder if any current students/anyone familiar with what they look for would be willing to give me feedback? Thanks!
FANCY MEETING YOU HEREI just got an II too. I am actually shocked lol, does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate ??
You can accept multiple offers and make multiple deposits. Come April timeframe you have to start narrowing it down to three then one school.II just now, but a quick question.
I was already accepted to another school earlier December and made the deposit to attend the school. Am I still obligated to attend that school that I made the deposit to, or can I refuse the seat and attend Mizzou if accepted ?
Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants
Recommendations to help ensure that all MD and MD-PhD applicants receive timely notification about the outcome of their AMCAS® application. These guidelines are not intended to supersede the policies, timelines, or discretion of individual schools or programs. Each applicant is expected to...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctorbrooke
Full Member
I interview in the morning.. this is my dream school so I am super excited but also nervous. Does anybody have last minute advice/tips/good karma?
Type_A_Personality21
Full Member
I interviewed today and it was very conversational and laid back! Also the students were nice to talk to and ask questions. You got this! Go in confident and show them how great of an applicant you are! Good Luck!I interview in the morning.. this is my dream school so I am super excited but also nervous. Does anybody have last minute advice/tips/good karma?
My interviews were pretty chill. Agree with above post: be confident (but not arrogant); stay humble and respectful; have ideas of what you want to say when asked the major questions often asked at interviews. I wasn't thrown any tricky questions on ethical situations. They just want to know who you are and why you want to be a doctor/med student at MIZZOU. Also, I am sure you do, but have a few questions ready to ask your interviewers at the end that aren't super specific but show interest/inquiry in MIZZOU MED and/or your interviewer's experiences at MIZZOU. My interviewer was excited to talk about the future of his department and how he wound up at MIZZOU, for example.I interview in the morning.. this is my dream school so I am super excited but also nervous. Does anybody have last minute advice/tips/good karma?
Did anyone receive an email about the inclusivity symposium today?
I interview in the morning.. this is my dream school so I am super excited but also nervous. Does anybody have last minute advice/tips/good karma?
How did the interview go? I have mine on the 12th....excited and nervous at the same time.