2021-2022 Columbia (Vagelos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven’t gotten anything either, do they send it all at once?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all so far!!!! Just wondering how they update? Email to look at the portal?

I got an email notification saying that there was an update in the portal.
Went in the portal and saw the A

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all so far!!!! Just wondering how they update? Email to look at the portal?
yes lol the email itself was scary bc they just tell you to look at the portal and nothing else I thought I caught the R

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MEGA CONGRATS!!!! do u mind me asking if it came via email or if you had to log into the portal to see it?
They sent a very vague email that said a decision had been released in the portal

I already got into a T5 but Columbia was the dream school, I hope they still send out A’s 😔

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get all the A's out? It is already over? If not, is it like staggered over an hour vs over just a couple of hours vs an all-day thing? I guess at what point should we be worried lol. Also, have anyone from Bassett hear anything yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Same. Though I felt that my interview went well and really fell in love with the school. What’s meant to be is meant to be, I guess
yes I feel you! I love the school and thought it was my best interview. I have been getting WL after WL and I was praying this would be different... but good luck to you!!

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get all the A's out? It is already over? If not, is it like staggered over an hour vs over just a couple of hours vs an all-day thing? I guess at what point should we be worried lol. Also, have anyone from Bassett hear anything yet?
According to 2020-2021 thread, looks like calls were reported until 11:30, but that is just conjecture

Good luck everyone! I had a heart attack when I saw "Application Update" as a tab in the portal but opened it and realized it was the normal place to upload updates/letters/whatever lol
This staggered updating thing is the most intense possible way to do it

Welp just got the email. Waitlisted for both main campus and Bassett. Really sucks because this was by far my favorite school and I would go in a heartbeat.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!!! Email received at 11:00 am est. Interviewed early Jan. WOW WOW WOW i literally had to take a walk to proceess

A! Received a portal update email. No call.

A via email!! :) email received slightly after 11 am est!

Reactions: 4 users
Me every time I get an unrelated email notification
harry potter panic GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
All right, I'm feeling like it's a wrap. Congrats to everyone!

• Care
Looks like they're headed to lunch before they rip off the bandaids lol

• Sad
Have other peeps received WL/Rs by email/portal? I was assuming that, like many schools, no email = toast, but maybe here it just means they haven't gotten to you yet? That said, maybe they emailed all the accepted peeps first :/

Have other peeps received WL/Rs by email/portal? I was assuming that, like many schools, no email = toast, but maybe here it just means they haven't gotten to you yet? That said, maybe they emailed all the accepted peeps first :/
nothing yet on my end, but based on last year's thread it looks like they start sending WL/R decisions out in the afternoon

Hi, I had to take a break from the thread cuz my anxiety was jumpin but I looked away and came back just now - got the A via email, to "check portal", this email was received exactly at 11:11 AM EST! Interviewed in the very end of the last week of Jan - so almost, if not, the last portion of interviews.

Was really hoping I’d see good news when I got back to my phone for my lunch break… no email yet, but still holding on to a small bit of hope that they’re not done sending As yet

Reactions: 5 users
Wish they could just release all the decisions at once
For real. I understand staggered phone calls. But why stagger portal updates. Columbia put me out of my misery pls. If you love me let me go

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
I received a waitlist update on the portal but may be different because I was also interviewing for Bassett.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Columbia was defi my dream school, it feels like all hope is lost :( I'm at work and I'm trying really hard to not cry, grateful for the rest of my A's, but just can't help feeling a little dissapointed

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Holding on to hope that they still have a wave of As to send out. Does anyone know what time WLs/Rs started coming out in the afternoon last cycle?

Columbia was defi my dream school, it feels like all hope is lost :( I'm at work and I'm trying really hard to not cry, grateful for the rest of my A's, but just can't help feeling a little dissapointed
I am feeling the same way. My DMs are open if you need to talk

• Care
Reactions: 1 users