You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Missouri, Columbia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey! Could you touch on what you believe made the difference in your second year applying? Also, do you know how friendly Mizzou is with traditional, lower stat, and IS applicants? I wanted to apply early decision here but my MCAT was too low.Hi guys, current M1 at Mizzou here. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you have about the School of Medicine or Columbia in general. I was rejected my first year applying here and was accepted to multiple schools (including Mizzou) my second year, so I have lots of helpful "do's" and "don'ts."
Little birdy told me first interviews are 9/29. This is pretty on par with past years.
Be watching for IIs soon.
Good luck.
Be watching for IIs soon.
Good luck.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ktbrown2009
New Member
I submitted the form 8/31 and received a secondary invite today (9/14). My ties are that my closest family member (sister) lives there, as well as my best friend and her entire family.has anyone heard back on this?
Second this. I just checked MSAR and looks like first wave of II are scheduled to go out on 9/20!Little birdy told me first interviews are 9/29. This is pretty on par with past years.
Be watching for IIs soon.
Good luck.
My friend (reapp, pretty high stats RD) received an II just after labor day weekend just fyi. They didn't give him a date though as they aren't sure if it will be in person or virtual.
sciencegourl4
Full Member
Hi! I am OOS with strong ties to Mizzou; I was born there and lived there for the first 7 years of my life and my dad completed his residency there. I wanted to ask OOS applicants how long it took Mizzou to send them the form to complete for stating ties? I submitted my application 9/12 and have heard from the rest of my schools so I was not sure.
olive_tapenade
Full Member
For anyone who has completed the OOS form: How long were your responses? The instructions say "Please make your responses complete and concise." But I'm not sure if that means a few sentences or a paragraph or two. Thanks!
RicklePick8
New Member
II
IS, complete 7/10
IS, complete 7/10
II
IS
Complete 7-19
IS
Complete 7-19
II
IS, complete 7/10
Congrats on the II's! Did either of you guys apply early decision?II
IS
Complete 7-19
Regular decisionCongrats on the II's! Did either of you guys apply early decision?
RicklePick8
New Member
Regular decision here as wellCongrats on the II's! Did either of you guys apply early decision?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Scheduled mine today. Called around 11:00 ESTAnyone with IIs having difficulty getting in touch with the person who is scheduling the interviews?
D
deleted1114150
IS or OOS? and what are your stats?Anybody else waiting on II's? Submitted my secondary 9/6
IS (Mizzou undergrad), GPA 3.76, MCAT 522. Also, I just double checked: submitted on 9/11, not 9/6.IS or OOS? and what are your stats?
Anybody else waiting on II's? Submitted my secondary 9/6
Still waiting, it's a long process for those of us in late Aug/early Sept.
LM 69 (nice), complete 8/31 here
mdphd63627
Full Member
MD/PhD II received today!
Yes! I am IS and was complete 9/9.Anybody else waiting on II's? Submitted my secondary 9/6
1010101010
New Member
OOS MD II received today!
OOS form was received 9/6....I am going to go ahead and hazard a guess that my ties were not strong enough?
Anyone else still waiting on a verdict for the OOS form?
Anyone else still waiting on a verdict for the OOS form?
MD/PhD II received today!
Congrats to both of you! Good luck in your interviews!OOS MD II received today!
1010101010
New Member
I think it took 3ish weeks to get my secondary after completing the OOS form. Hope it works out for you!OOS form was received 9/6....I am going to go ahead and hazard a guess that my ties were not strong enough?
Anyone else still waiting on a verdict for the OOS form?
congratulations!! what day were you complete?OOS MD II received today!
D
deleted897683
Did anyone get an email from them to apply? Is this their way of getting their number of applications up? I'm out of state and my undergraduate GPA is not in range with the MCAT score they required. Only ties is that I was born in Missouri.
Probably just a standard advertising email. If your email address is on file with AAMC, you'll probably get a bunch of these.Did anyone get an email from them to apply? Is this their way of getting their number of applications up? I'm out of state and my undergraduate GPA is not in range with the MCAT score they required. Only ties is that I was born in Missouri.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted897683
This sucks lol. Some people might actually fall for thisProbably just a standard advertising email. If your email address is on file with AAMC, you'll probably get a bunch of these.
Making me very nervous!Anymore in state interviews sent out? What’s the deal here? Usually they send them out faster in the previous years...
SAME :///Making me very nervous!
RicklePick8
New Member
Any guesses when decisions will start to come out?
just got an IIAny more II's or R's to report?
Congrats! If you don't mind sharing, when were you complete? Are you IS? Good luck with your interview!just got an II
I am IS! I was complete 08/06!Congrats! If you don't mind sharing, when were you complete? Are you IS? Good luck with your interview!
Thank you! Hope you get one soon too!!
II, IS, complete early July.
Waitlisted after interview
Did you get a waitlist notification or the status unchanged one?
miz217
Full Member
Status unchanged. I think most candidates won’t get accepted till late February early March, or at least that was my impression during my interview dayDid you get a waitlist notification or the status unchanged one?
Status unchanged. I think most candidates won’t get accepted till late February early March, or at least that was my impression during my interview day
That isn’t a WL dw! Just standard Mizzou proceedings as you said. I think the actual waitlist gets formed after their big A wave in March
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
firechicken3800
New Member
Do you know when the last November date was? I'm trying to figure out if they will send out acceptance updates this Friday before Thanksgiving break or the Friday the week after Thanksgiving break.
Not sure. On previous threads someone mentioned decisions come out on last working Thursday of the month so I’m thinking this Thursday is the day for November dates..Do you know when the last November date was? I'm trying to figure out if they will send out acceptance updates this Friday before Thanksgiving break or the Friday the week after Thanksgiving break.