You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Missouri, Columbia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations!Just got an acceptance!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When did you interview??Just got an acceptance!!!
stillNight1994
Full Member
My girlfriend interviewed 11/10, was accepted 16 hours later directly on 11/11 Thought I’d report here that decisions are being made for sure!
Stats: 3.2 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 506 mcat, URM
Stats: 3.2 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 506 mcat, URM
Hi y’all! Congratulations on the acceptances. I’m an M2 here, so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all. 🙂
My girlfriend interviewed 11/10, was accepted 16 hours later directly on 11/11 Thought I’d report here that decisions are being made for sure!
Stats: 3.2 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 506 mcat, URM
Congrats!!I’ve been accepted & 100% will be attending and would love to chat/get coffee with others who have been & intend to go to Mizzou!
Interviewed 11/17 and accepted 11/18!Congrats! When did you interview??
UtilizedAnxiety
Full Member
Anyone know if MU accepts update letters and where to send them, if so?
Hey y'all! Interviewed 11/16 and accepted 11/18. Will be 200% attending!
Last edited:
Canvaseyes
Full Member
Hey everyone. M1 here. Just wanted to send positive vibes for those of you still waiting. So much of the class actually gets their acceptances March and after. I have really strong classmates that got in off the wait list.
If any of you have any questions, please feel free to hit me up. Happy to get coffee or take a hike any time too. Best of luck!
If any of you have any questions, please feel free to hit me up. Happy to get coffee or take a hike any time too. Best of luck!
Any chances of getting an interview with a 504 mcat? IS, submitted in July and never heard back.
Canvaseyes
Full Member
Yes! I had a 504 and hadn't heard back at this time of year, also submitted in July. I actually ended up sending them an email in December. Phil called the next day to schedule me for an interview (Jan bc break).Any chances of getting an interview with a 504 mcat? IS, submitted in July and never heard back.
Got the A 2 days post-interview.
I hope that happens to me! Did you email them anything super specific? I sent an update letter a month ago to Phil but still nothing. I’m guessing I just have to wait due to stratification of apps, we’ll see.Yes! I had a 504 and hadn't heard back at this time of year, also submitted in July. I actually ended up sending them an email in December. Phil called the next day to schedule me for an interview (Jan bc break).
Got the A 2 days post-interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been accepted too and definitely plan to go! I would love to get to know people who are also attending.I’ve been accepted & 100% will be attending and would love to chat/get coffee with others who have been & intend to go to Mizzou!
Canvaseyes
Full Member
I was in the early bucket of secondaries and something didn't work on the portal at first, so I used it as an excuse to check in. But I mentioned it was my top choice and was super enthusiastic.I hope that happens to me! Did you email them anything super specific? I sent an update letter a month ago to Phil but still nothing. I’m guessing I just have to wait due to stratification of apps, we’ll see.
On the phone, Phil told me when he got my email, he pulled my file and then decided to extend an interview to me sooner. I wager that was already in the cards, but probably not until after the holidays. Whatever it was bumped me up.
olive_tapenade
Full Member
Accepted on 12/2!!! I'm OOS, complete 10/15, II 11/19, interviewed 11/29. I'm THRILLED!
miz217
Full Member
Last year they had 324 IS interviews and 109 IS matriculated. The class size is only 128 studentsII scheduled for Jan 4th. OOS but lived in MO for the last 26 years and just moved to Kansas for work last year. I’m so excited! Anyone know what the interview to acceptance rate is? Looks like their class size grew to 400 spots this cycle!
I must have misread. Im wondering if the 400 mentioned on their website is referring to interview spots instead. Thank you!
As a student here, can confirm it’s ~128 students that actually matriculate in the class. If this is what you were referring to, it’s 400 interview spots:
“The School of Medicine plans to offer 400 interview slots for the entering class of 2022. It is possible that more slots may be available”
Received an acceptance call this morning! Super stoked as I loved my interview early/mid November. 🙂
Just got an II here.
Woo hoo
Woo hoo
Got an II and Mizzou is my top choice! Anyone know how close the class is to being full?
Last edited:
They definitely aren’t anywhere close to being full! 95% of Mizzou’s acceptances don’t come out until sometime in March. You’ve still got plenty of a chance. 🙂 Congratulations on the II!Got an II and Mizzou is my top choice! Anyone know how close the class is to being full?
They definitely aren’t anywhere close to being full! 95% of Mizzou’s acceptances don’t come out until sometime in March. You’ve still got plenty of a chance. 🙂 Congratulations on the II!
thank God lol. I’m interviewing late Jan and was super scared it was full
UtilizedAnxiety
Full Member
Anyone get accepted this week? It seems like some people hear back 2 days post interview and others hear back weeks after.
Also, does anyone have an interview scheduled during the next 2 weeks?
Also, does anyone have an interview scheduled during the next 2 weeks?
The admissions committee meets every Wednesday night and acceptances are sent out every Thursday. During those meetings, they assign a score to each candidate they recently interviewed. If the score is high enough that it is within a range they are certain they will admit (based on previous years' ranges), then the candidate is admitted. If however they are not sure if they will fall within that certainty range, they are put into a "holding" pile until they have a clearer idea of what this year's ranges will be. The scores of the candidates are then continuously reviewed as time passes to see how they are aligned with this year's batch. If the committee is certain within a few weeks or months time that the score will be within the upper range, then they admit the candidate. They only admit a small number of people in these months, but will admit a huge wave in March.Anyone get accepted this week? It seems like some people hear back 2 days post interview and others hear back weeks after.
Also, does anyone have an interview scheduled during the next 2 weeks?
congrats!!!!!!!!!! man thats gotta feel awesome. You deserve it!Interviewed 1/5/22 and accepted the next day via phone call!!! First acceptance 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just be yourself and really know your app! My interviewers were really chill and genuinely just wanted to get to know me better. If you got the interview that means they know you’re qualified but want to make sure you’re conversational and someone they want to see on campus!Any advice? I'm interviewing on Wednesday! Congrats!!
Just be yourself and really know your app! My interviewers were really chill and genuinely just wanted to get to know me better. If you got the interview that means they know you’re qualified but want to make sure you’re conversational and someone they want to see on campus!
This is great advice, y’all! I remember my interviews being less of an interview and more conversational than anything. There was one, in particular, where we spent most of the interview talking about sports and what was happening with certain players and their stats at the time. Obviously, there are always some outliers. But, if you know what you wrote on your app (so you can expand on it/not contradict yourself if asked about it) and have fun conversing with others, you’re gonna be amazing! Mizzou truly selects who they feel are top tier applicants and would fit in well with our program. 🙂
Any acceptances today?
Last edited:
does this school accept updates/LOIs?
serotonin2
Full Member
They do before interviews, your application is closed after the interview thoughdoes this school accept updates/LOIs?
hopefulfuturemd82
New Member
Has anyone heard news today? I heard that there was a possibility of people hearing today.
ukelelefluke
Full Member
Got an II, if that’s what you mean!Has anyone heard news today? I heard that there was a possibility of people hearing today.
UtilizedAnxiety
Full Member
For those who interview 1/6, has anyone heard back? Hopefully we will hear something this week if not. They said last week of January, they would send decisions 🤞🏻
TomorrowFor those who interview 1/6, has anyone heard back? Hopefully we will hear something this week if not. They said last week of January, they would send decisions 🤞🏻
serotonin2
Full Member
Today’s the day guys I’m so nervous
you interviewed yesterday as well? Or earlier in Jan?Today’s the day guys I’m so nervous
serotonin2
Full Member
Earlier in janyou interviewed yesterday as well? Or earlier in Jan?
any calls yet
Nope, but I’m definitely unhealthily posted up staring at my phone with every chance I get right nowany calls yet
![]()
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
serotonin2
Full Member
DITTONope, but I’m definitely posted up staring at my phone right now
serotonin2
Full Member
what if we were pranked and nothing comes out today
hello61511
New Member
For everyone who is waiting for an acceptance... did you guys all interview in January or did you interview in Oct/Nov/Dec?
yesterdayFor everyone who is waiting for an acceptance... did you guys all interview in January or did you interview in Oct/Nov/Dec?
hopefulfuturemd82
New Member
boutta have a ✨🙈anxiety attack🤪💫