2020-2021 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anybody that listed Clearwater as their preferred campus interested in reviving this thread?

Secondary submitted a week ago. Waiting for II

Secondary submitted, 10/9. 3.67 cGPA and 3.45 sGPA, unfortunately, my MCAT did not go as I had hoped and I earned a 494. Does anyone know how much the MCAT plays into the admissions decision? Finishing my PhD and have tons of research experience and six publications with a couple of webinars under my belt. Have over 20k hours of clinical experience (civilian and military) and 80 hours of shadowing DOs (and was able to get a DO letter of rec). My most significant volunteer activity was two terms of service as an AmeriCorps VISTA, almost 4k hours over the two years.

Secondary submitted, 10/9. 3.67 cGPA and 3.45 sGPA, unfortunately, my MCAT did not go as I had hoped and I earned a 494. Does anyone know how much the MCAT plays into the admissions decision? Finishing my PhD and have tons of research experience and six publications with a couple of webinars under my belt. Have over 20k hours of clinical experience (civilian and military) and 80 hours of shadowing DOs (and was able to get a DO letter of rec). My most significant volunteer activity was two terms of service as an AmeriCorps VISTA, almost 4k hours over the two years.
In my non-professional opinion, you are a great non-traditional applicant with awesome experience and a great resume. If this wasnt the case, I would be concerned about the score, but because of your experiences, I would say it hasn't kept you out of the running.

Reactions: 1 users
In my non-professional opinion, you are a great non-traditional applicant with awesome experience and a great resume. If this wasnt the case, I would be concerned about the score, but because of your experiences, I would say it hasn't kept you out of the running.

Thank you. I guess this is a case of “hurry up and wait.” I guess I will just have to be patient...

Reactions: 1 user
does NSU have a specific scrub color? trying to get a gift for a friend who will be attending

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone able to verify if there are seats still available for this campus?

does NSU have a specific scrub color? trying to get a gift for a friend who will be attending
Just in case you didn't find the answer to this: Ceil Blue is the color students are required to buy.

Hi, recently accepted to Davie campus. LM 68 IS After visiting the Ft Lauderdale area, it was a bit too busy and hectic to drive for me. So I decided to ask to transfer to the Clearwater campus. Its new, and only 1 1/2 hrs from my home. Plus, many beautiful new apartments to choose from. I needed to fill out some forms and send in all deposits before they would consider the change. Once it was done, the changed happen that day!!! Just got back from a campus tour visit, its an absolute beautiful, spotlessly clean campus. Found 2 apartments on the bay only 7 minutes away. So happy!! Best of luck to everyone.

Hi, recently accepted to Davie campus. LM 68 IS After visiting the Ft Lauderdale area, it was a bit too busy and hectic to drive for me. So I decided to ask to transfer to the Clearwater campus. Its new, and only 1 1/2 hrs from my home. Plus, many beautiful new apartments to choose from. I needed to fill out some forms and send in all deposits before they would consider the change. Once it was done, the changed happen that day!!! Just got back from a campus tour visit, its an absolute beautiful, spotlessly clean campus. Found 2 apartments on the bay only 7 minutes away. So happy!! Best of luck to
I was accepted to Davie but I’m asking for the transfer to Tampa too. For your transfer you said it was pretty quick? I’ve lived in Tampa most of my life so I’m hoping to be able to make the switch!

Hi, yes. They needed all required deposits first!! Then I was sent a transfer form. It was pretty short and I was transferred the same day. They were super nice about it.

obtw....during my tour, which I was the only person, which was wonderful. I asked about scrubs. I was told that most students join campus clubs and your allowed to wear the club t-shirt with your scrub pants which I think is cool. literally I think its cooler than the scrub top :) Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
obtw....during my tour, which I was the only person, which was wonderful. I asked about scrubs. I was told that most students join campus clubs and your allowed to wear the club t-shirt with your scrub pants which I think is cool. literally I think its cooler than the scrub top :) Good luck everyone!
Do you know if they have a specific brand of scrubs they want us to buy, or is it just restricted to the matching color? (I'm basically just wondering if I should order FIGS or not)

hey tall,
there was no mention as to a specific brand

Congrats to everyone accepted! Attending Clearwater here. Does anyone know if a Facebook group or something similar has been set up for the incoming class?

Congrats to everyone accepted! Attending Clearwater here. Does anyone know if a Facebook group or something similar has been set up for the incoming class?
They (Nova) sent me an email with a link to the FB group, inside the FB group there is also a link to a GroupMe for informal chatting.

Hi, recently accepted to Davie campus. LM 68 IS After visiting the Ft Lauderdale area, it was a bit too busy and hectic to drive for me. So I decided to ask to transfer to the Clearwater campus. Its new, and only 1 1/2 hrs from my home. Plus, many beautiful new apartments to choose from. I needed to fill out some forms and send in all deposits before they would consider the change. Once it was done, the changed happen that day!!! Just got back from a campus tour visit, its an absolute beautiful, spotlessly clean campus. Found 2 apartments on the bay only 7 minutes away. So happy!! Best of luck to everyone.

Can you tell me more about the clearwater campus? Is it a disadvantage being at the newer campus compared to the old one?

Question about the kpcom scrub sizing...In unisex scrub tops I am a small however im nervous that since these are womens, they may be a little snug.... any insight to the sizing? Sometimes shopping Im a small where other times Im a medium. Is there a way to get the same style in two sizes?

Question about the kpcom scrub sizing...In unisex scrub tops I am a small however im nervous that since these are womens, they may be a little snug.... any insight to the sizing? Sometimes shopping Im a small where other times Im a medium. Is there a way to get the same style in two sizes?
Scrubs are from whichever brand/company you want. You can order as many as you want in any size as long as they are ceil blue. I ordered a bunch to try on.