2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had something similar happen in my last virtual. They appreciated the adapting... Was it closed or open file?
completely blind...the interviewers never see/saw your app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
so I just had my interview! I thought overall it was easy, questions were straightforward and interviewers were cordial. From 12-1 there was just an info session and Q&A with current students which was chill and then I had my interview from 1-1:30. Overall, the interview was good but the problems were things unique to my situation....my power went out 30 mins before everything so had to interview from my public library and let's just say....don't do interviews at a library :(
When would you say the whole interview day was over by? What type of activities go on after the interview, and when did that last until? P.S. hope you get the A, good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II received, LM 68 OOS. Just withdrew my app so hopefully it will go to another one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
so I just had my interview! I thought overall it was easy, questions were straightforward and interviewers were cordial. From 12-1 there was just an info session and Q&A with current students which was chill and then I had my interview from 1-1:30. Overall, the interview was good but the problems were things unique to my situation....my power went out 30 mins before everything so had to interview from my public library and let's just say....don't do interviews at a library :(
Any questions you weren't expecting?

Any questions you weren't expecting?

not at all to be honest....one or two ethics questions specific to the field I want to pursue but honestly all the questions were very straightforward.

Does anyone think its too late to apply now? I just got my MCAT score of 499 with a 3.86 GPA?

Just finished my interview today. It was nice ^ everything @rachillthefout stated above. I was kinda thrown off by some MMI-like questions. The interview portion seemed very structured, not much chit-chat. Overall, it was good, but wasn't the best experience I had. We'll see, ha!

• Care
not at all to be honest....one or two ethics questions specific to the field I want to pursue but honestly all the questions were very straightforward.
Yah I felt like their questions allowed me to draw on my experiences in the field, much less stress than expected

Just finished my interview today. It was nice ^ everything @rachillthefout stated above. I was kinda thrown off by some MMI-like questions. The interview portion seemed very structured, not much chit-chat. Overall, it was good, but wasn't the best experience I had. We'll see, ha!
Hi, I was wondering how long it took them to send you your interview link? I got an II on Tuesday for an interview on 10/09, but have not received my link yet.

Hi, I was wondering how long it took them to send you your interview link? I got an II on Tuesday for an interview on 10/09, but have not received my link yet.

I received all my Google meeting links on 9/24 (Thursday) --> interview 9/28 (Monday)

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning. ORM AACOMAS cGPA 3.47 sGPA 3.49 510 MCAT. I am excited since this is my first II of the cycle. My only question is that if we applied to both the Philly and South GA campus can we only interview at one? I am a Florida resident so I am not sure if they assumed that I would prefer the Georgia location.

fingers crossed we don't end up waiting the full six weeks :nailbiting:

• Care
II this morning. ORM AACOMAS cGPA 3.47 sGPA 3.49 510 MCAT. I am excited since this is my first II of the cycle. My only question is that if we applied to both the Philly and South GA campus can we only interview at one? I am a Florida resident so I am not sure if they assumed that I would prefer the Georgia location.

wow hi friend was wondering this too! had my interview two weeks ago and I am also in FL :)

If you apply to all three you can interview at all three but they will review all parts of your file and you may stand out for S GA and not for PHL for the reviewers. Many interview at at least two and get accepted to both. If you have paid your deposit for one and get into another and you choose the other they will move the deposit for you. You just have to let them know.

If you apply to all three you can interview at all three but they will review all parts of your file and you may stand out for S GA and not for PHL for the reviewers. Many interview at at least two and get accepted to both. If you have paid your deposit for one and get into another and you choose the other they will move the deposit for you. You just have to let them know.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Thank you for the info. The fact that there are three PCOMs is very confusing at times haha.

Does anyone know if acceptances for this school has started to come out yet?

Do they send a complete email once everything is in on the portal or do we just wait to hear back if we get a II at this point? I just checked my portal today and everything has been received.

Do they send a complete email once everything is in on the portal or do we just wait to hear back if we get a II at this point? I just checked my portal today and everything has been received.

just wait for an II, I never got a complete email before my II.

Paid my $75 on 8/9 with a 512 MCAT and 3.5 sGPA and cGPA on AACOMAS. Should I have heard back by now?

Paid my $75 on 8/9 with a 512 MCAT and 3.5 sGPA and cGPA on AACOMAS. Should I have heard back by now?

honestly they may just be behind but you should expect an II with those stats :)

Interview tomorrow and haven’t received google links yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

How long did it take your LOR to upload to the application portal? Ive had my app since Sept 30 and still nothing is listed except my MCAT? I'm confused, i submitted them through AACOMAS so not sure what the issue is.....

Accepted! Notified via e-mail.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
New 4th year here. I'm out of touch on the application process for GAPCOM so I can't help with 1° /secondary questions but if you have any questions about rotations i'm available.
Hi i know it's been a while since you posted, but what sites do we have for rotations? and does pcom help with finding electives? And where can i find more information on this topic?

I submitted primaries to the three PCOM locations last week. I have the Philly/SG secondary fee paid, but have not heard anything from this campus yet. This appears to be normal?

I submitted primaries to the three PCOM locations last week. I have the Philly/SG secondary fee paid, but have not heard anything from this campus yet. This appears to be normal?
I think they come at different times. I submitted primary to all locations also and actually received the secondary fee email from the GA campus a day later and the PA/SG emails came like 2-3 weeks later.

I think they come at different times. I submitted primary to all locations also and actually received the secondary fee email from the GA campus a day later and the PA/SG emails came like 2-3 weeks later.

Okay then. It doesn't matter I suppose. It's one of those things I can't control. But damn, if my neuroses aren't driving me nuts. Thanks for the heads up.

Wondering if y'all ever got your links or if you had to reschedule. Hoping it all worked out!

Hey, thanks for checking in! I'm sorry- I should've posted an update here haha. I ended up getting my link that morning so thankfully I was able to interview! The links have information for the student panel/admissions welcome and what time your interview is scheduled for.

• Love
accepted via email!!!! even after having to do my interview at the public library due to a power outage at home and getting YELLED at by the librarian for talking too loud IN THE MIDDLE OF my interview!!! honestly surprised lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted! I am truly so thankful!! Did anyone else's say they needed to submit proof of an organic chemistry course?