2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

last year, 620 accepted and 270 matriculated
does this include waitlists who turned acceptances ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today for next week. Will be turning it down since accepted to top choice. Hope it goes to someone here waiting! Good Luck!

Reactions: 6 users
just got an II for next. it seems super late in the cycle. is this normal for PCOM? am i more likely to be waitlisted if i interview this late?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
just a heads up...found out during my interview that PCOM received over 10,000 apps this year! :eek: Compared to last year which was over 6,000

the yield seems decent though...800 interviews for 270 seats, presumably 600 total acceptances?

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
just a heads up...found out during my interview that PCOM received over 10,000 apps this year! :eek: Compared to last year which was over 6,000

the yield seems decent though...800 interviews for 270 seats, presumably 600 total acceptances?
Where'd you find the 800 interview stat?

Reactions: 1 users
just a heads up...found out during my Easter egg hunt that PCOM received over 10,000 apps this year! :eek: Compared to last year which was over 6,000

the yield seems decent though...800 Easter egg hunts for 270 seats, presumably 600 total acceptances?
When I was actively interviewing they received over 13,000 apps but only about 9,000 actually completed their apps by paying the fee, sending MCAT scores etc. Also many were requested to retake the MCAT and when they did not that file was closed. Very high odds to be invited to interview and also accepted into the program. Not sure if COVID affected the number of apps they got this year or not.

Reactions: 1 user
When I was actively interviewing they received over 13,000 apps but only about 9,000 actually completed their apps by paying the fee, sending flowers scores etc. Also many were requested to retake the flowers and when they did not that file was closed. Very high odds to be invited to Easter egg hunt and also accepted into the program. Not sure if COVID affected the number of apps they got this year or not.
...the ****?

• Haha
...the ****?
When I was actively interviewing they received over 13,000 apps but only about 9,000 actually completed their apps by paying the fee, sending flowers scores etc. Also many were requested to retake the flowers and when they did not that file was closed. Very high odds to be invited to Easter egg hunt and also accepted into the program. Not sure if COVID affected the number of apps they got this year or not.
Okay, this makes me happy that i was not the only one who had MCAT scores changed to flowers, and Interview to easter egg hunt. did someone play an April fools joke?
..the ****?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are II still being sent out? I applied in october and have heard nothing since.

anyone else that interviewed late in the cycle, how long should we expect for an answer post II? two weeks, three?

anyone else that interviewed late in the cycle, how long should we expect for an answer post II? two weeks, three?
Interviewed early January, found out my decision exactly 2 weeks on the dot!

I wonder if they are just doing 1 more wave of A's/WL's since it seems like nobody has posted about being accepted in almost a month, and there has been several interview dates since then

They said that they will be conducting interviews until the first day of classes? Is that accurate?

• Wow
They said that they will be conducting interviews until the first day of classes? Is that accurate?

sounds shocking to me, honestly. Though PCOM Philly has a massive class size for a DO school (270?)
Apparently, PCOM GA (different program) has been interviewing for the waitlist since November!

Anyone who interviewed 26th of march hear back yet?

Maybe tomorrow guys! I'm trying to stay positive :)

Got an II last week. My interview is next week..any advice? Are the interviews more conversational or structured?

Yeah, I called them today and they told me they'd still be conducting interviews for several more months... Crazy, I've never heard of any other school doing that
That seems absurd to me, unless they're expecting a ton of movement this year for one reason or another

Reactions: 4 users
anyone know how often admissions meets to make decisions?

Got an II last week. My interview is next week..any advice? Are the interviews more conversational or structured?
interview questions are all confidential, but I would definitely say it's very structured, aside from followup questions here and there. I wouldn't say it's intense though, both my faculty were friendly. They'll explain the format when you sign in for your zoom session.

anyone know how often admissions meets to make decisions?
From my interview, I thought they said they meet every Friday. Once your interviewers turn in their eval. your files ready to be reviewed. It just depends if you happen to come across their desk that Friday or not. In looking back in this forum, it seems a lot of people find out Monday/Tuesday in the week, so that's what I've been going with

are they doing delayed decisions this cycle? or just waitlist?

• Hmm
Does anyone know when/if we will get more scholarship info after our second deposit? My financial aid right now ain't looking so hot with just loans...

For those people who said their portal changed, was it the night before, the day of, an hour before..? Also, what time of day did your acceptance go out.

For those people who said their portal changed, was it the night before, the day of, an hour before..? Also, what time of day did your acceptance go out.
portal changed 5 days before...heard back at 2 PM

My portal didn‘t change the night before (I checked). Got the acceptance around noon.

Does anyone know when/if we will get more scholarship info after our second deposit? My financial aid right now ain't looking so hot with just loans...
I emailed and they said for first year we would’ve been offered aid in our acceptance letter :( but that we qualify for future years upon matriculation

Hello, What kind of change was seen? Did it show your acceptance in the website. Is it the banner.pcom.edu?
Yes to the banner, nothing about acceptance though. It only said "biochemistry contingency course", that was left unchecked. I assumed at that point that my acceptance was contingent on the completion of biochemistry with a satisfactory grade.

just received a rejection, interviewed 3/30
completely gutted, yet grateful for touro. I'm glad my destination is now set in stone

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
just received a rejection, interviewed 3/30
completely gutted, yet grateful for touro. I'm glad my destination is now set in stone
Sorry to hear about the R but glad to hear about Touro. I also interviewed on 3/30 and am anxiously awaiting my decision. Did you receive notification via email? Did it show anything in your portal? Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the R but glad to hear about Touro. I also interviewed on 3/30 and am anxiously awaiting my decision. Did you receive notification via email? Did it show anything in your portal? Thanks!

yep, it's a letter pdf that is attached to your email! So you can brace yourself a bit
the admissions guy told our group before interviews "I forsee all acceptances today!" geez what a jinx haha

Reactions: 1 users
Wait listed today. Interviewed 03/15.