2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I was on the WL on March 29, and seem to have come off of it yesterday bc of the deposit showing up.
You were right!! acceptance email just came through!!

Reactions: 5 users
It is still under a month. I'd give it a bit more time until you hear back.
You're right.🤯 I am trying to stay positive. It's just so much anxiety and uncertainty. The wait is rough!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all the A's on this thread!! Happy to see the positive vibes paid off. Are a majority of you the waitlist crew? Happy to see some movement.

You're right.🤯 I am trying to stay positive. It's just so much anxiety and uncertainty. The wait is rough!
I definitely know the feeling. I was accepted off the waitlist at PCOM in early July. I believe I interviewed in November. Got a delayed decision in December. Waitlisted in March. It was a long drawn out process. Keep the faith.

Also so sorry to hear about the anxiety, I think I found things to distract me while waiting. Binge-watching Netflix shows and working out helps.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist as well! Interviewed 03/15.

Reactions: 3 users
Wooo! I just also got accepted off of the waitlist this morning! Interviewed 03/08

Reactions: 6 users
I believe it can take around 4-6 weeks for an admissions decision.
I think I was caught up on the interview confirmation email that said “you should receive a decision letter no more than 5 weeks after your interview date”. It’s also hard to see people who interviewed after you getting decisions and acceptances. Trying to be patient:)

Reactions: 1 users
Ask the 29 MD schools who gave me the R bruh

nah but PCOM is great and I’d love to go there
And yet I’ve seen 3.1s and 507/8 get into MD schools 😭😭😭
That being said, I have a low GPA and mediocre MCAT myself, but I’m convinced the admission process is random as heck lol

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Ask the 29 MD schools who gave me the R bruh

nah but PCOM is great and I’d love to go there
its supposed to have been a terrible year to apply, says the physicians I've spoken to

can somebody clue me in on what portal everyone is mentioning has the $750 deposit pop up before they take you off the waitlist?

its supposed to have been a terrible year to apply, says the physicians I've spoken to

can somebody clue me in on what portal everyone is mentioning has the $750 deposit pop up before they take you off the waitlist?
The portal/login credentials are in a "Acknowledgement: Receipt of PCOM AACOMAS Application" email.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious, but does anyone know why they are taking ppl off the waitlist even though they didn't finish giving out decisions yet? Isn't the waitlist supposed to be until after all decisions have gone out and adcoms see how many decline?

Reactions: 2 users
accepted today! taking this one because im on so many waitlists and I keep hearing everyones on like 7 waitlists

Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone that hasn't heard back after 5 weeks post-II reached out to admissions? The email you get after interviewing says, "You should receive a decision letter no more than 5 weeks after your interview date." Today is 5 weeks for me. I'm guessing I just have to wait but am curious to know if anyone has reached out as I saw a few people on here who interviewed before me & haven't gotten a decision yet. Thx!

Has anyone that hasn't heard back after 5 weeks post-II reached out to admissions? The email you get after interviewing says, "You should receive a decision letter no more than 5 weeks after your interview date." Today is 5 weeks for me. I'm guessing I just have to wait but am curious to know if anyone has reached out as I saw a few people on here who interviewed before me & haven't gotten a decision yet. Thx!
I did and they told me it takes 4-6 weeks to receive a decision. Which completely contradicts the interview email and what they told us interview day. You can try calling and see if they tell you anything different.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! Someone probably asked already but could I get the link to the accepted student page?

Hey guys, how do we update PCOM on grades? Do I go through aacomas again or do I upload a transcript somewhere or whatttt
You have to send them to PCOM directly! My undergrad sent electronic transcripts and I just selected PCOM, confirmed the address and it sent. Later my PCOM portal updated that they received them.

WL, interviewed 3/15. Just got the email. Glad to still be in consideration! 3.3 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, 503 MCAT (all sections 125 or higher for those that look into those details!). Nontrad with 8+ years of clinical research with direct pt contact, pubs, posters, volunteer hours etc.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 4 users