2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

I received a delayed decision.
oh okay, do you mind explaining how delayed decision is different from waitlist? or is it the same? thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

yep, it's a letter pdf that is attached to your email! So you can brace yourself a bit
the admissions guy told our group before interviews "I forsee all acceptances today!" geez what a jinx haha
If it makes you feel any better, the admissions counselor said the same exact thing to my interview cohort and then my interview went so poorly lol I interviewed 3/26 and still anxiously waiting on a decision

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
oh okay, do you mind explaining how delayed decision is different from waitlist? or is it the same? thank you!!
They are different. A delay decision means they are putting an application on hold and will be reviewed at a near committee meeting. It can be moved at any point to an A, R or waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance! I hope one of you gets it!

Reactions: 16 users
Just to confirm since tomorrow is April 15th— we have to submit the $500 deposit and tech standards right?

I never got an email confirmation for the tech standards, but it’s showing up on my portal, so I‘m assuming they got it.

Just to confirm since tomorrow is April 15th— we have to submit the $500 deposit and tech standards right?

I never got an email confirmation for the tech standards, but it’s showing up on my portal, so I‘m assuming they got it.
It was part of the original DocuSign so they sent a “completed document” thing on there. I took that as a confirmation!

It was part of the original DocuSign so they sent a “completed document” thing on there. I took that as a confirmation!
Okay great, thank you! I saw that I did get that in an email, and when i click on the documents, that’s what it says!

Reactions: 1 user
I paid my deposit yesterday and got an email today saying that my application was withdrawn because they didn’t hear from me?

I paid my deposit yesterday and got an email today saying that my application was withdrawn because they didn’t hear from me?
+1. I think there was an error with their system - seems to be an automated email. I sent them a copy of my receipt and left a voicemail for Kari.

I’m hoping they’re not done sending out ii. Still hoping

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone heard anything?! Waitlists, rejections, acceptances? This anxiety is unreal

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything?! Waitlists, rejections, acceptances? This anxiety is unreal
i feel that! what's the average timeline, when do people usually hear back post interview?

Last edited:
i feel that! what's the average timeline, when do people usually hear back post interview?
I heard back pretty much exactly on the 5 week mark after my interview with an A! I know some people who heard back about 2 weeks after with an A as well, so the timeline is pretty random I think.

it should be quicker at this point in the cycle. my rejection actually came in less than 2 weeks

Reactions: 4 users
I heard back pretty much exactly on the 5 week mark after my interview with an A! I know some people who heard back about 2 weeks after with an A as well, so the timeline is pretty random I think.
When did you hear back? Was it within the last month. I feel like there have been no acceptances talked about since March 9th. I have only seen a couple waitlists and rejections since then.

Interviewed 3/18 I'll be hitting 5 weeks this Thursday 😕
Hitting 5 weeks this Friday. The interview confirmation email said it should take no more than 5 weeks to receive a decision, but I’m not so sure anymore.

• Care
Interviewed 3/18 I'll be hitting 5 weeks this Thursday 😕
Hitting 5 weeks this Friday. The interview confirmation email said it should take no more than 5 weeks to receive a decision, but I’m not so sure anymore.
Please keep us updated if you hear this week! I will be hitting 5 weeks next Wednesday. Seems so random and kinda ridiculous lol

Reactions: 2 users
Do you know if they are done sending out II?
This late in the cycle I assume their interview season is over. Skimming previous cycle, it doesn't seem like they are sending out pre ii R to anyone.

Do you know if they are done sending out II?
I had an interview as late as 4/9 but I haven't heard anything past then! I'd imagine they could be done interviewing by this late but you never really know. Especially with this year being so wacky.

Has anyone else been completely ghosted.... like no correspondence at all LOL since paying the “secondary fee”

Reactions: 10 users
Any post-interview updates? I'd imagine they have to be sitting for a deliberation soon with the drop off of IIs... Hmmm

seems there has been about 2 weeks of silence on SDN in terms of post-II decisions, especially when it comes to acceptances

Any post-interview updates? I'd imagine they have to be sitting for a deliberation soon with the drop off of IIs... Hmmm
Sadly no:confused: With multiple people hitting 5 weeks this week, it has to be soon! Maybe they meet tomorrow and decisions go out Monday or Tuesday?

A $750 deposit requirement just showed up in my portal under the Requirements section. Any idea what this means?

A $750 deposit requirement just showed up in my portal under the Requirements section. Any idea what this means?
Obviously you were rejected and they are asking you to give them money for reviewing your application in its entirety

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Were you on the waitlist or delayed decision? Or were you still waiting to hear back post interview?

For everyone seeing the deposit on their portal, when was your II? And were you on WL or waiting for decision? :) TY!

For everyone seeing the deposit on their portal, when was your II? And were you on WL or waiting for decision? :) TY!
I was on the WL on March 29, and seem to have come off of it yesterday bc of the deposit showing up.

Just got the Acceptance today! Interviewed on 3/16, got WL on 4/12.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Received an acceptance around 11 am today. I interviewed on 3/18 and was waitlisted on 4/12.

Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to all, happy for you. However, a lot of us are still waiting for any answer after weeks :/ If they are accepting off the waitlist do you think its safe to assume the rest of us are either on the waitlist or rejected?

• Care
  • Hmm
Congrats to all, happy for you. However, a lot of us are still waiting for any answer after weeks :/ If they are accepting off the waitlist do you think its safe to assume the rest of us are either on the waitlist or rejected?
Did you get a delayed decision letter?