2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the waitlist to accepted ratio at PCOM? Like how many were accepted vs waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted today. Interviewed 6 weeks ago. Non-trad took 5 gap years to work in clinical labs/biomedical research and complete an MS. undergrad GPA (3.2 cum 2.9 science) graduate GPA (4.0) 500 MCAT.

I am on a total of 4 waitlists so I am hoping to get off one soon. PCOM would be my first choice, though. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody get accepted off the WL that had a WL decision before January? So far, it seems that they accepted students off the WL that were WL in March or April.

When is orientation week for PCOM class of 25? Accepted to other medical schools but WL at PCOM (in state and #1 choice) curious about that timeframe for matriculation..

Reactions: 1 users
When is orientation week for PCOM class of 25? Accepted to other medical schools but WL at PCOM (in state and #1 choice) curious about that timeframe for matriculation..
Mid August, I believe Around August 9th

So I’m thinking about looking in to lock down an apartment late June/early July for an early august move on (1 bedroom/studio)...do you think that’s too late in regards to looking for apartments or does my timeline sound about right?

Reactions: 1 user
So I’m thinking about looking in to lock down an apartment late June/early July for an early august move on (1 bedroom/studio)...do you think that’s too late in regards to looking for apartments or does my timeline sound about right?
It really depends on where you are looking. I already locked down a place at presidential city because they have a waitlist for people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely the sooner the better so you can have your pick of spots and not be left with leftovers (i.e. places that are further away and not as nice inside) . A lot of places are filled up as you get closer to the school term beginning. I lucked out with my apartment being within 10 mins from school. Found it in October. I was a little more patient because I lived in the area already and had a place to stay.

Presidential is the go-to for students but it's $$$$$ even with a roommate. That said, they are luxury apartemnts. There's a pool and it's very nice.

Long-time resident of Philly. PM me and maybe I can give some insights on different options around the city!

Anyone else here still waiting to hear back from their interview?

I am! I'm still not quite at the 5 week mark yet though.
Me neither, but I thought just maybe the decision would be a bit expedited now that we’re into May. It’s also my last chance to not be completely waitlisted sooo 🤞

• Care
Me neither, but I thought just maybe the decision would be a bit expedited now that we’re into May. It’s also my last chance to not be completely waitlisted sooo 🤞
Me too! Although maybe the adcoms are meeting less frequently at this point in the cycle. Here's to hoping that maybe some decisions will come out this Friday or next week 🙏

• Care
I called them yesterday and asked when I can expect to hear back since it has been six weeks since I interviewed. They apologized and said I can expect to hear back early next week!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if PCOM is still interviewing? I asked them in an email and they sent me this.

"Thank you for your email & interest in PCOM! The committee is nearing the end of the process; applicants who were not selected for an interview will be notified in the coming weeks."

This basically means that I wasn't interviewed so I will be notified of rejection right? :'(

Does anyone know if PCOM is still interviewing? I asked them in an email and they sent me this.

"Thank you for your email & interest in PCOM! The committee is nearing the end of the process; applicants who were not selected for an interview will be notified in the coming weeks."

This basically means that I wasn't interviewed so I will be notified of rejection right? :'(
I basically interpret it as saying that they have filled almost all of their seats and will not be sending any additional IIs out this cycle, so they will be sending emails to all who have not yet gotten an interview soon. I think the last little wave of interviews was maybe early-mid April sadly 😢 After that no one seemed to be posting about IIs (on this thread at least). I'm sorry :( They had said applications were up by thousands this year so it was even more competitive and I wouldn't beat yourself up for not hearing back.

Got a rejection email from all 3 campuses about a week ago :/

• Care
Declined my acceptance. Best of luck to you all!

lmao just got that last-minute R. good luck to everyone matriculating here!

• Care
Did anyone who interviewed in early April hear back yet? It's the 6th week for me now and still nothing (email says you definitely will hear back in 5 weeks)

Did anyone who interviewed in early April hear back yet? It's the 6th week for me now and still nothing (email says you definitely will hear back in 5 weeks)
April 9th here! Still nothing.. I was hoping maybe sometime this week but I'm unsure how often they're meeting to make decisions.

April 9th here! Still nothing.. I was hoping maybe sometime this week but I'm unsure how often they're meeting to make decisions.
+1, April 7th! But it's only been 5 weeks, and it seems like it takes about 6 weeks for most

March 29 here. Past 6 weeks, but staying hopeful!

Also got the WL email. Does anyone know if PCOM accepts a Letter of Intent? (since they seem to only take MCAT and Grade updates only)

Was waitlisted as well :/ Does anyone know what the waitlist movement is like at this school?

Hey guys, newly accepted student at the Philadelphia campus. I was wondering if anyone knows of good neighborhoods (that are relatively affordable) around campus or any sort of group messages to find roommates and such? Thanks!

• Angry
Hey guys, newly accepted student at the Philadelphia campus. I was wondering if anyone knows of good neighborhoods (that are relatively affordable) around campus or any sort of group messages to find roommates and such? Thanks!
There's a Facebook AND a GroupMe (you can find in the FB thread)