2020-2021 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For others with the Citizenship Upload tab, will a photo of my passport work?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students open to answering a few of my questions?

For anyone with an upcoming interview. What do they mean by “please list you top 3 personal and/or professional areas of interest OR any topics you would like to hear from a student about”? Are they talking about specialties or like student wellness and research opportunities etc.

For anyone with an upcoming interview. What do they mean by “please list you top 3 personal and/or professional areas of interest OR any topics you would like to hear from a student about”? Are they talking about specialties or like student wellness and research opportunities etc.
Where did you find this? When is your interview set for? Im scheduled for 9/25 but haven’t received anything with more info

Where did you find this? When is your interview set for? Im scheduled for 9/25 but haven’t received anything with more info

9/11! They send an email with a bunch of info on it like a week before.

Reactions: 1 user
9/11! They send an email with a bunch of info on it like a week before.
Ah I see, that’s prob the email they were referring to then. Anyways for your question I think you can select any (specialities, research, service opportunities)

How did you guys refer to the student from the given essays? Him/Her and she/he or they/their

Members don't see this ad :)
II this afternoon
IS, ORM, 3.98 / 524
Complete August 10

Reactions: 1 users
+1! Interview coming up would like to know a little more about life as a student here
Hi! I’m a 1st year IS student currently going to UFCOM. If you have an interview date coming up be sure to select that you want to be reached out to by someone who is currently a student and they will do their best to match you with someone with similar interests as you to answer all your questions. Everyone on interview day will also give out their emails so you can contact anyone you want that mentioned something you were interested in! Good Luck this cycle everyone! Can’t wait to meet you on interview day and hopefully next year!

Hi! I’m a 1st year IS student currently going to UFCOM. If you have an interview date coming up be sure to select that you want to be reached out to by someone who is currently a student and they will do their best to match you with someone with similar interests as you to answer all your questions. Everyone on interview day will also give out their emails so you can contact anyone you want that mentioned something you were interested in! Good Luck this cycle everyone! Can’t wait to meet you on interview day and hopefully next year!
Will that be an option on the email they’ll send a week before your interview? I’m interviewing 9/25

II. IS. secondary submitted 8/1

anyone mind sharing the II phone number (or the first 7 digits or so?)

unfortunately I get spam calls with (352) area code regularly and don’t want to miss it

Does anyone know UF’s stance on thank you letters?

this is my first and only interview so far, and for any other applicants that eventually have the privilege of interviewing here--the interview day is great & the interview experience was very pleasant. don't stress super hard about the interview, its so conversational and easygoing

Reactions: 2 users
this is my first and only interview so far, and for any other applicants that eventually have the privilege of interviewing here--the interview day is great & the interview experience was very pleasant. don't stress super hard about the interview, its so conversational and easygoing
Congrats! Glad it went well, makes me like them even more. Praying I get the lucky call some day soon; hoping to get some of that rare OOS love

• Care
Does UF normally do rolling admissions?

Does UF normally do rolling admissions?
Yes! But the first day for decisions is some time in October then after that it’ll be rolling. When you go to your interview they will tell you when you will have your decision.

This thread seems especially quiet. Any major moves made in the past couple weeks?

II just now lol !! LM72 complete 8/3 blood type O+ I’m so excited!!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
anyone here ever been to the Chat with Gator Docs to Be and can speak to what it's like/what to expect?

anyone here ever been to the Chat with Gator Docs to Be and can speak to what it's like/what to expect?
Hey! Can you clarify about this program/event? I haven't anything about it so far. Is it a website or interest zoom meeting or...?? TIA

Hey! Can you clarify about this program/event? I haven't anything about it so far. Is it a website or interest zoom meeting or...?? TIA
it's a virtual open house to talk to current UF COM med students!

Hey there bud! To answer your question - It was super casual and chill, just to get to know a little from the current students' experiences and to answer any questions we had. We were placed in a breakout zoom room with other fellow interviewees and some M2s and an M4. Have fun!

Hope that helps! :)

I'm at UF for undergrad/OOS/ORM 507, cGPA 3.73, sGPA 3.49 do I even have a chance lol

I'm at UF for undergrad/OOS/ORM 507, cGPA 3.73, sGPA 3.49 do I even have a chance lol

I think UF is a little on the more holistic side and they really consider your writing and LORs. You have a chance if you apply, and none if you don't. Don't sell yourself short, you got this. :giggle:

• Care
Would personal/professional interests be more along the lines of medical specialties, research interests, or hobbies/interests outside of medicine?

For those who've interviewed already, how do you recommend preparing for the interview? I know most people have already posted that it was really chill and conversational, is there anything you wished you did differently to get ready for it?

For those who've interviewed already, how do you recommend preparing for the interview? I know most people have already posted that it was really chill and conversational, is there anything you wished you did differently to get ready for it?
No - just know your application and be yourself. No need for any other prep.

How are interviews different from previous years, now that everything's online? Still the two 1-hour traditional interviews? Any other kind of activities on interview day, now that (I assume) there's no full interview days/tours/lunch/patient experience event/etc?
Thanks in advance!

How are interviews different from previous years, now that everything's online? Still the two 1-hour traditional interviews? Any other kind of activities on interview day, now that (I assume) there's no full interview days/tours/lunch/patient experience event/etc?
Thanks in advance!

it's 2 45 minute interviews after a morning full of presentations. you will be expected to be free from 9am-7pm because 9-2 is presentations and anytime between 215 and 615, you could have a 45 min interview slot. you will get a tour from students that basically pass off to each other from their phones as they walk through different buildings and even though the connection went in and out, i think it was awesome. there is no patient experience event. youll get an hour break for lunch in the middle of the day. and there is a "social room" that you can drop into between 2 and 6 to chat with staff and students if you are waiting for your interview time

Reactions: 3 users
it's 2 45 minute interviews after a morning full of presentations. you will be expected to be free from 9am-7pm because 9-2 is presentations and anytime between 215 and 615, you could have a 45 min interview slot. you will get a tour from students that basically pass off to each other from their phones as they walk through different buildings and even though the connection went in and out, i think it was awesome. there is no patient experience event. youll get an hour break for lunch in the middle of the day. and there is a "social room" that you can drop into between 2 and 6 to chat with staff and students if you are waiting for your interview time

Oh wow, thanks so much for the info! Amazing to hear that it's really still a full-day event, I'm glad they're allowing for the interaction. People in previous years' threads have said the interview really impresses them, so I hope I'll have the opportunity to see it for myself haha.

Oh wow, thanks so much for the info! Amazing to hear that it's really still a full-day event, I'm glad they're allowing for the interaction. People in previous years' threads have said the interview really impresses them, so I hope I'll have the opportunity to see it for myself haha.
i think they did a really great job given the circumstances!

Hi everyone! I'm a current MS1 at UFCOM and I'd love to answer any questions you guys have! I absolutely love it here, so let me help spread the good vibes!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just wanted to see how everyone else's experience went with the Interview; mine was much more question answer question answer interview. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not because I've heard its supposed to be more "conversational" and maybe I just have a different idea of conversational... Maybe its just neuroticism, but UF is my top choice so not sure what to think lol.

Just wanted to see how everyone else's experience went with the Interview; mine was much more question answer question answer interview. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not because I've heard its supposed to be more "conversational" and maybe I just have a different idea of conversational... Maybe its just neuroticism, but UF is my top choice so not sure what to think lol.
I am sure it depends on the interviewer. Some make it jovial, some conversational, some just stick to the points. So, I wouldn't worry about the interview style.

Very interviewer dependent. Both of mine seemed to have questions written down that they referred to in order to progress the conversation. One interviewer was much more formal than the other. The conversations flowed well in both interviews and it was a very two-sided conversation despite sometimes being asked direct questions.

• Love