2020-2021 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you reached out about it? I'm thinking about emailing on Monday just to make sure I did it correctly but don't want to look like an idiot
No, I have not reached out.... let me know if you end up reaching out/ get a response! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay for those of you who haven't received the complete email after submitting your secondary and aren't 100% sure that you uploaded a photo like you were suppose to:

I definitely did not. Could've sworn I did. Just emailed admissions and within 2 minutes they emailed a new link to my secondary app (already complete and saved) with a new due date on the photo. I submitted the photo immediately and am will be anxiously waiting to get that complete email now! Can't believe I missed something so simple, but glad they were so responsive and allowed me to fix it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok! I definitely uploaded my picture right after submitting my application. But, I just emailed them to ask for a confirmation. Thank you for the updates!!!

I emailed them and got a response immediately. They sent me a confirmation a few minutes ago. They were super helpful, so don't worry about contacting them if you have any questions :) Good luck everyone

Got an email from UTHSC just now thinking it was an II, turns out I forgot to add my photo when I submitted 4 weeks ago :dead:

Edit 9/30: just got the complete email

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got an email from UTHSC just now thinking it was an II, turns out I forgot to add my photo when I submitted 4 weeks ago :dead:
Got the same email but I did upload a photo AND it’s still there. Not sure what to make of this.

Reactions: 1 users
SAME! I got the alert half asleep during a nap. I got excited and cut my nap short for nothing.

That’s worse than the Mayo hold I got today
Smdh. Well, this is a whole journey with loops, turns, and stupidity. I got a rejection email from one school bc of my 3.08 science GPA. The school said the minimum was 3.3 but it was never listed or in the information sessions. Keep in mind, I didn’t know this school even existed until I got an email about a virtual fair. So mad I wasted my money!

Reactions: 1 users
Smdh. Well, this is a whole journey with loops, turns, and stupidity. I got a rejection email from one school bc of my 3.08 science GPA. The school said the minimum was 3.3 but it was never listed or in the information sessions. Keep in mind, I didn’t know this school even existed until I got an email about a virtual fair. So mad I wasted my money!
LOL “please apply!....psychhhh!”

• Haha
LOL “please apply!....psychhhh!”
That’s EXACTLY what it was. Lmaoooo It was well played though. Can’t even front. They needed that app fee bc nobody was applying to their school. I got hustled.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone understand their rationale in sending an additional email, post-secondary submission, asking for a photo upload? Have not seen anything comparable elsewhere.

Does this just reflect it being optional in the initial secondary submission and they decided they wanted it? I don't recall there being a photo upload in the secondary. Just don't understand why it was not an all-in-one process, with the photo upload being referred to in the email as a "next step." Thanks

Sounds likely, I didn't receive the second email but I had sent in my photo with the original secondary. They then sent me a complete email saying they received both and would contact shortly. For reference: " This is to apprise you that we are in receipt of your Secondary Application and photo for the UTHSC College of Medicine. " So I think they decided post submission like you are saying that they wanted the photo after all.

Does anyone understand their rationale in sending an additional email, post-secondary submission, asking for a photo upload? Have not seen anything comparable elsewhere.

Does this just reflect it being optional in the initial secondary submission and they decided they wanted it? I don't recall there being a photo upload in the secondary. Just don't understand why it was not an all-in-one process, with the photo upload being referred to in the email as a "next step." Thanks
I don’t believe it was there originally. I think it was edited to include a photo. I have been VERY diligent with my applications and I am almost positive that it wasn’t there.

I don’t believe it was there originally. I think it was edited to include a photo. I have been VERY diligent with my applications and I am almost positive that it wasn’t there.
I submitted it the day it was sent out with the picture. If it wasn't there it's probably a bug to not show up on all of them.

The function of pictures in the application process is interesting to me. I wonder what the thought process was in belatedly adding a photo requirement.

I uploaded a photo when I did my secondary. I did not get an email yesterday asking for me to submit a photo, so they must have not sent that email to everyone

I uploaded a photo when I did my secondary. I did not get an email yesterday asking for me to submit a photo, so they must have not sent that email to everyone
+1, it was an option when you submitted the secondary, and it says "required documents" for the photo upload, so some people prob just skipped over it and did secondary only/maybe it didn't show up? so they alerted them.

+1, it was an option when you submitted the secondary, and it says "required documents" for the photo upload, so some people prob just skipped over it and did secondary only/maybe it didn't show up? so they alerted them.
Nah there was def an error. I took a picture and uploaded it specifically for the secondary. They changed the due date by more than 4 weeks and it was still uploaded when I went to go check it. Very weird.

Did you guys write anything for the optional essays?
I wrote an essay for the how has COVID-19 affected you, but I did not write anything for the prompt asking if you would like to add any additional information that was not in your application.

Have any interview invites gone out? The website says they interview starting in Oct, wanted to see if anyone had gotten an invite yet. Thanks!

Have any interview invites gone out? The website says they interview starting in Oct, wanted to see if anyone had gotten an invite yet. Thanks!
First II's went out on 10/01/2019 last cycle. First II's of this cycle are probably very close if they haven't already gone out

Hoping to speak it into existence -- first II's coming out Tuesday?

Hoping to speak it into existence -- first II's coming out Tuesday?
I'm probably the only one who is happy with UT being this late in the cycle... I pushed my MCAT back so many times that I ended up submitting everything June 8th without my MCAT score and only just took the MCAT on Sept 27. I get my score back in a week.. so I'm feeling like I could still have a chance at being on the early side of interviews (if my MCAT score is good) even though I took the dang test so late. For everyone else who already had everything together when they submitted, I'm sure this is agonizing!

I'm probably the only one who is happy with UT being this late in the cycle... I pushed my MCAT back so many times that I ended up submitting everything June 8th without my MCAT score and only just took the MCAT on Sept 27. I get my score back in a week.. so I'm feeling like I could still have a chance at being on the early side of interviews (if my MCAT score is good) even though I took the dang test so late. For everyone else who already had everything together when they submitted, I'm sure this is agonizing!
I mean, I am also glad they are later because I haven't had to feel worried yet that I haven't heard from them. Ya know?

SAME! Tested on 28Sep, so I am very thankful for the delay. Best of luck!

Wait what is the logic behind thinking that IIs would get sent out yesterday?

Wait what is the logic behind thinking that IIs would get sent out yesterday?
I was initially just willing it into existence, but based on last year, Tuesdays and Fridays were big movement days in terms of IIs.

This is all just speculation based on last year, but a lot has changed at UTHSC since last year. New admissions coordinator, changes to the secondary app -- both in the actual app itself, and in to whom it was sent -- plus obviously, no pandemic this time last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
lol, UTHSC got my hopes up for an interview email but it was just a notification they are on social media. Still interesting, but not quite what I was looking for.

Reactions: 13 users
lol, UTHSC got my hopes up for an interview email but it was just a notification they are on social media. Still interesting, but not quite what I was looking for.
Yeah my heart just stopped LOL

Reactions: 3 users
Very wack. I don’t even have Twitter!

At least the process is more active now, so hopefully, they start sending interviews soon!:)

If anyone has any q’s about living in Memphis or the area feel free to hit me up.

If anyone has any q’s about living in Memphis or the area feel free to hit me up.
I would love to hear where most of the med students live and what are the safest (but affordable) areas.