2020-2021 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would assume the class is not full because there are 117 members in the FB group. So if the class isnt full yet (assuming), then why would they only be interviewing for the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

I would assume the class is not full because there are 117 members in the FB group. So if the class isnt full yet (assuming), then why would they only be interviewing for the waitlist?
I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it was for the waitlist if I’m not mistaken

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance email on April 6 and am wondering how to go about saving my spot? The email didn't mention anything about a deposit or, paperwork that is due.

Anyone recently got off the waitlist to interview? I’ve been on it since September :(

Reactions: 1 user
I plan on applying next year, but I wanted to get an idea if there is anything I need to specifically work before applying. I have a 3.78 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA, and I haven't taken the MCAT yet (scored 504, 509 on my last two FL's). I'll have the standard in terms of hours; 50+ shadowing, 150+ for non-clinical, and 150+ clinical, but I think the quality of them so far will hold more weight than the hours themselves. I have two leadership experiences (old job and hosting book drives). I'm also a TX resident.

Does the school accept letters of intent/ interest?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else feel like there are a million students on the waitlist at this school???? It's absurd.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone else feel like there are a million students on the waitlist at this school???? It's absurd.
Lol i’m on three waitlist and I feel that way for all of the schools. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst (like retaking my mcat 😭)

Lol i’m on three waitlist and I feel that way for all of the schools. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst (like retaking my mcat 😭)
I too am on the waitlist at another school but feel UIWSOM's waitlist is just out of control. It's as if they don't reject anyone post-interview and instead put them on their never-ending waitlist. Never seen a school with so many waitlisted students. I'm about ready to write this school off.

Reactions: 2 users
I too am on the waitlist at another school but feel UIWSOM's waitlist is just out of control. It's as if they don't reject anyone post-interview and instead put them on their never-ending waitlist. Never seen a school with so many waitlisted students. I'm about ready to write this school off.
You never know 🤷‍♀️ But I wish you the best

Is it ranked in any way?

I was going to send the school a letter of intent but given how many people are on the their waitinglist, I highly doubt that letter will do anything 🤷🏻‍

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
One of the admissions representative said today at the Choose DO Expo that they interviewed about 1000 applicants this year and that this Friday will be the last interview day. Just thought I’d share this info!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
How many acceptances do they usually give out??
I found this on an older thread from the year before that. I guess if you want to be conservative, the number of acceptances wouldn't have changed much.

Profile for Class of 2023.
Applications: 3,980

Application Summary
Interviewed: 680
Admitted:452
Matriculated:160

Hi! I just interviewed here on 04/12, how long is the typical turnaround this time of the cycle for those of you that have gotten decisions already?

One of the admissions representative said today at the Choose DO Expo that they interviewed about 1000 applicants this year and that this Friday will be the last interview day. Just thought I’d share this info!
welllllp there go my chances lol

I think 3 weeks is the average turnaround time. I interviewed 3/26 so I’m anxiously waiting

I am interviewing at UIWSOM very soon and am getting a little anxious. How does their MMI format work? Do I have time to think about each prompt before I answer or am I expected to give an answer right away like a traditional interview? How many questions/interviewers were there and how long did the whole interview take? Never did an MMI interview so I'm a little lost.

I am interviewing at UIWSOM very soon and am getting a little anxious. How does their MMI format work? Do I have time to think about each prompt before I answer or am I expected to give an answer right away like a traditional interview? How many questions/interviewers were there and how long did the whole interview take? Never did an MMI interview so I'm a little lost
I am interviewing at UIWSOM very soon and am getting a little anxious. How does their MMI format work? Do I have time to think about each prompt before I answer or am I expected to give an answer right away like a traditional interview? How many questions/interviewers were there and how long did the whole interview take? Never did an MMI interview so I'm a little lost.
MMI can be intimidating if you’ve never done one before but that fades away very quickly after your first station. You’ll be shown a prompt on screen and given 2 minutes to think it over and then discuss. I honestly prefer it to the traditional interview. You have the opportunity to impress more than one interviewer as opposed to traditional format. Just relax, be yourself and discuss the prompts. That’s all you need to do.

I think there were maybe 6-7 MMIs. You’re put in a separate room with your interviewer, and they either read or show you the prompt on their screen. I believe you’re given 1-2 minutes to brainstorm/write anything down. After time is up, they tell you, and you start your response to the prompt/question. It’s really not bad at all! If you’ve taken the Casper test, it’s kind of like that, except you verbalize your responses instead of typing them up.

Just fyi there are alooooot of these question in this thread and some good responses that you can find by looking back in this thread!

For those who interviewed on 3/26, what do you think the chances are we'll get a decision tomorrow?

For those who interviewed on 3/26, what do you think the chances are we'll get a decision tomorrow?
I interviewed on 3/22 and still have not heard back. If not today, I'd imagine we will hear back next week.

Received an interview today, declined. Hope it works out for you'll !!

I received an acceptance to UIW and never got anything saying when the deposit is due. Did you guys get an email outlining this or, was it on your portal? I checked and there was nothing saying when it was due.

I received an acceptance to UIW and never got anything saying when the deposit is due. Did you guys get an email outlining this or, was it on your portal? I checked and there was nothing saying when it was due.
Have you tried calling the admissions office?

Did anyone else just get an email saying that decisions are going to be delayed until the end of next week?

I think I was part of the final interview group but just wanted to say it was kind of fun. The interviewers were welcoming. There was 1 station where I felt a little out of place but other than that, it went well.

Just withdrew my position on the waitlist. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed 3/22 and also waitlisted :( Not excited at the prospect of having to apply again.

• Care