You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UT Southwestern
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MDsmilez21
Full Member
Congrats! That's awesomePrematch. . . and with a full scholarship!!! Oh my actual god.
purple_jpg
Full Member
Prematch ahhhhhh!!!! Interviewed late September
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!!! Stats plsPrematched!! Interviewed early October and I’m in disbelief!! Looking forward to meeting y’all next year!
A as an OOS!!!!!
Prematched! Interviewed early September, LM 77+
kimcheesefries
Full Member
Pre-matched with a full-ride scholarship!! (literally burst into tears) Interviewed early September
Anyone here OOS received an interview?
OOS received II a while ago. Interviewing tomorrowAnyone here OOS received an interview?
umukotomed
New Member
thanks! LM ~70!Congratulations!!! Stats pls
neuroticaf
Full Member
CONGRATS YALL! Can people post LM scores please?
Not to freak you out, but I interviewed last Saturday and heard back today. But I'm OOS so I don't know if the process is different.A huge congratulations to all of y'all who prematched today? I know I sound paranoid lol, but I probably shouldn't expect a response today if I interviewed last Saturday, right?
A huge congratulations to all of y'all who prematched today? I know I sound paranoid lol, but I probably shouldn't expect a response today if I interviewed last Saturday, right?
This is just one of multiple waves of acceptance during the prematch season. Keep your head up. You got this.
P.s this is what I’m telling myself to reassure myself haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Yeah, I'm in-state so maybe the process is different? It's hard to say though lolNot to freak you out, but I interviewed last Saturday and heard back today. But I'm OOS so I don't know if the process is different.
MDsmilez21
Full Member
+1A huge congratulations to all of y'all who prematched today!!! I know I sound paranoid lol, but I probably shouldn't expect a response today if I interviewed last Saturday, right?
MDsmilez21
Full Member
I did. Just good etiquette and I don't recall them being discouraged.Congrats to all those with A.
Question - is post-interview emails to interviewers acceptable / expected?
acceptable - yes, expected - iffy, based on the interviewer.Congrats to all those with A.
Question - is post-interview emails to interviewers acceptable / expected?
You would want to add to anything discussed during the interview when you write a thank you.
This is just one of multiple waves of acceptance during the prematch season. Keep your head up. You got this.
P.s this is what I’m telling myself to reassure myself haha
Yes! I post this every year as reassurance -- granted, this was 4 years ago, but I interviewed on one of the first interview dates and didn't prematch on the first day (back then it was 11/15). I didn't prematch anywhere, actually. I was devastated. I thought I wouldn't get in to med school. I ended up prematching at UTSW a few weeks later in early December! So unless something has changed, the later waves of prematches are *not* just for later interviewees. Stay positive, y'all!
Does anyone know, on the portal, do we have to accept the offer of admission even if we are still waiting to hear back for other schools? I'm confused whether that is binding or we can change our minds later.
You can accept more than one offer at this point, it is not binding. Most TX schools don't require deposits.Does anyone know, on the portal, do we have to accept the offer of admission even if we are still waiting to hear back for other schools? I'm confused whether that is binding or we can change our minds later.
You will need to narrow it down to one school by April 30. If you have definitely decided not to attend one of your offered schools, it is considerate to notify them when you have made a firm decision.
Thank you for your help!!You can accept more than one offer at this point, it is not binding. Most TX schools don't require deposits.
You will need to narrow it down to one school by April 30. If you have definitely decided not to attend one of your offered schools, it is considerate to notify them when you have made a firm decision.
I think they were sending out admissions every week or two weeks after initial big list. Some people were admitted within two weeks.Does anyone know how many days/weeks after the interview a decision may be expected?
Does this apply to OOS as well?I think they were sending out admissions every week or two weeks after initial big list. Some people were admitted within two weeks.
Unsure whether OOS has a different process. The admissions are heavily restricted for OOS since they can accept a max of 23 or so people and so it all depends on how many they have admitted on Oct 16th.Does this apply to OOS as well?
According to the financial aid presentation linked in the portal, UTSW offers a majority of scholarships along with the acceptance letter. So, there may or may not be separate opportunities to be considered for scholarships, and if so I'm guessing those funds would be very limited.Does anyone know if merit-based scholarships are given separately from the acceptance offer? It seems most people got a scholarship along with the acceptance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got this from their website: "Many out-of-state students are offered a competitive scholarship, which also entitles them to pay tuition at the much lower in-state rate."Does UTSW give merit scholarships to OOS?
They give OOS $1000 scholarship. In Texas, anyone receiving a $1000 scholarship receives instate tuition. So if someone is instate and does not get any scholarship, the OOS person is getting slightly cheaper tuition than instate person.Does UTSW give merit scholarships to OOS?
In theory, OOS people are getting a $14,100 scholarship per year or $56,400 for the 4 years.
I have not seen any OOS person say they have not received one. This also applies to McGovern.
EaglePutt3
Full Member
I believe they also said this at UT San Antonio. Similar offering to make OOS pay ISThey give OOS $1000 scholarship. In Texas, anyone receiving a $1000 scholarship receives instate tuition. So if someone is instate and does not get any scholarship, the OOS person is getting slightly cheaper tuition than instate person.
In theory, OOS people are getting a $14,100 scholarship per year or $56,400 for the 4 years.
I have not seen any OOS person say they have not received one. This also applies to McGovern.
I have heard most Texas schools offer this but I am almost sure about UTSW and McGovern giving to everyone. Does San Antonio also give to all OOS?I believe they also said this at UT San Antonio. Similar offering to make OOS pay IS
EaglePutt3
Full Member
From what I heard at the Interview, yes.I have heard most Texas schools offer this but I am almost sure about UTSW and McGovern giving to everyone. Does San Antonio also give to all OOS?
significantcobbler8
Full Member
I was complete on 7/9... should i be worried? Do you guys think they ll send out more invites since the prematch?
yes of courseI was complete on 7/9... should i be worried? Do you guys think they ll send out more invites since the prematch?
To be clear, yes there will be more interviews, not yes they should be worried, correct?yes of course
To be clear, yes there will be more interviews, not yes they should be worried, correct?
Yes...there definitely have to be more interviews. No, I wouldn't be worried. This process is fickle af. I got an interview from a school I was complete in June for just this past week.
Silly wabitt I meant of course there will be more interviews.To be clear, yes there will be more interviews, not yes they should be worried, correct?
Being worried is a given but not warranted.
I like you, Wysdoc! You're an awesome mentor for us. Thanks for being so supportive as we become neurotic nerve-bots through this process.Silly wabitt I meant of course there will be more interviews.
Being worried is a given but not warranted.
I agree. @wysdoc provides very good info in a calm, composed manner unlike some other posters who give info, but in a very demeaning manner. Those other posters do not understand the anxiety of current applicants. So yes, thank you @wysdocI like you, Wysdoc! You're an awesome mentor for us. Thanks for being so supportive as we become neurotic nerve-bots through this process.
EaglePutt3
Full Member
I was after you but nothing hereAnybody OOS interviewed on the 10th of October and gotten a reply? I have not...
EaglePutt3
Full Member
Oct 17thWhat was the next interview day after the 10th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EaglePutt3
Full Member
Yea I sure hope it is!! I don't know though.Somebody on page 7 of this thread mentioned that they send large lists of acceptances every 1 to 2 weeks, but idk how accurate that is.
If you get prematched but did not get a scholarship, does that mean you are out of the running for the merit scholarships that UTSW gives out? or is it possible to get merit scholarships from UTSW after the actual match as well? Thank you!
EaglePutt3
Full Member
Did you hear back today? Or last weekIf you get prematched but did not get a scholarship, does that mean you are out of the running for the merit scholarships that UTSW gives out? or is it possible to get merit scholarships from UTSW after the actual match as well? Thank you!
I heard back last week on the 16th 🙂Did you hear back today? Or last week