You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UT Southwestern
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
We dont have any instate under T15 anyway!Yeah t10 for ugrad and t5 for mph. both OOS though
I would have pegged your GPA as not meeting the minimum for auto II but they may have a trigger for a high MCAT by itself (524 is 99%ile+). UTSW also accommodates lower GPAs for top 5-10 schools.
Have you been arrested before? I'm thinking they might review those manually if you check that box.Right here with you--I was complete 8/8, GPA 3.9X, MCAT 52X, so it's hard to tell what the cut-off is![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol bro its not that seriousHave you been arrested before? I'm thinking they might review those manually if you check that box.
...because I’ve been arrested before, so I think that disqualified me for the auto interview based on stats. On TMDSAS there is only one box to check for arrested/convicted/misdemeanor/felony. Then you have a text box to explain what happened and if it was a felony, misdemeanor, case dropped etc.lol bro its not that serious
So it would make sense that they would need to manually read what is in the text box rather than auto interview based on stats alone. Because if you were arrested and convicted of felony assault you check the same box as if you were arrested for a misdemeanor and the charges were dropped.
Is anyone attending the Zoom Research panel tomorrow? if so, what are you wearing? Idk whether we even are having our cameras on.
emmdeetoobee
Full Member
No, though this could be impacting how they’re sending ii’s. Since my MCAT is a retake, I think that plays a big part in what’s happening. I was technically “complete” before my new MCAT was transmitted, so they may have glossed over my app and will re-look at it later on. My first take definitely didn’t qualify for the auto-ii, so I hope they give me a chance and take a look at my app again. I’ll be sure to update if anything changes though—fingers crossed for everyone waiting 😊Have you been arrested before? I'm thinking they might review those manually if you check that box.

Is anyone attending the Zoom Research panel tomorrow? if so, what are you wearing? Idk whether we even are having our cameras on.
I attended the one on community service a couple of weeks ago. I'm 99% sure no one really cares if you attend or not, so wear whatever you want. There were like 100+ people on that call and it was led by three med school students and a masters student. I didn't see any admissions representatives there.
If the admissions care about them, they would record or track attendance and dont need to attend. Virtual calls have these types of flexibilities built in. Unless they ask your video to be on if you need to ask a question, what one is wearing is not an issue.I attended the one on community service a couple of weeks ago. I'm 99% sure no one really cares if you attend or not, so wear whatever you want. There were like 100+ people on that call and it was led by three med school students and a masters student. I didn't see any admissions representatives there.
noraaf13md21
Full Member
II just now. IS, completed 7/8, dates given were from mid-October to early-Nov.
HTXPre-med
Full Member
II also! 🙂 IS completed 8/12
NPComplete
Full Member
II just now. IS, completed 7/8, dates given were from mid-October to early-Nov.
II also! 🙂 IS completed 8/12
Congratulations! May I ask what yall's stats are? Trying to see if they're onto the Group II pool of more holistic reviews or still in group I. LizzyM ~75 who submitted late July/early August still sitting in silence. 🙁
emmdeetoobee
Full Member
II this morning as well!
Interesting. Someone up thread said the dates were already in December?II just now. IS, completed 7/8, dates given were from mid-October to early-Nov.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
emmdeetoobee
Full Member
Interesting. Someone up thread said the dates were already in December?
I think I opened my portal later, but my dates were also around the same: late-October to mid-November
Glad to see there are still about 2+months of dates left.I think I opened my portal later, but my dates were also around the same: late-October to mid-November
HTXPre-med
Full Member
Congratulations! May I ask what yall's stats are? Trying to see if they're onto the Group II pool of more holistic reviews or still in group I. LizzyM ~75 who submitted late July/early August still sitting in silence. 🙁
cGPA 3.81 MCAT 517, i think It’s likely group 2 also since your LizzyM is higher than mine
NPComplete
Full Member
is an II a lost cause at this point if you were complete 6/8? IS, ORM, LM: 72
Interviews go until the end of January, definitely not a lost cause.
uknowatimsaying
New Member
is an II a lost cause at this point if you were complete 6/8? IS, ORM, LM: 72
When I applied a year ago (515/3.8), I received a II in October, interviewed in January, and was accepted. There's still plenty of time!
Has the admitted class profile for 2020-2024 class being given to interviewees?
Not too late, but I will say that UTSW is the one TX school who likes early completers. What delayed you?I was wondering if is it too late to submit UTSW's secondary? Also, when was the latest anyone's received a II from UTSW?
Honestly, burnout from writing secondaries for other schools. I am a terrible writer who takes too long to collect my thoughtsNot too late, but I will say that UTSW is the one TX school who likes early completers. What delayed you?
Hi Wysdoc, do other schools care less about early submission? I was complete mid august for TMDSAS schools, and have one interview (ironically from UTSW).Not too late, but I will say that UTSW is the one TX school who likes early completers. What delayed you?
yes, others seem more tolerant. Being complete mid-August with all your secondaries is good.Hi Wysdoc, do other schools care less about early submission? I was complete mid august for TMDSAS schools, and have one interview (ironically from UTSW).
I got an email to RSVP for pre-interview info sessions, but all the RSVP links re-direct to their homepage. Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, but you can RSVP from the application portal from inside the Interview tabI got an email to RSVP for pre-interview info sessions, but all the RSVP links re-direct to their homepage. Anyone else having this issue?
II 5 minutes ago!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1071611
Congrats!!! Complete date?II 5 minutes ago!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!
I was complete on July 16th!Congrats!!! Complete date?
Not too late, but I will say that UTSW is the one TX school who likes early completers. What delayed you?
I actually think this is less true of UTSW than other TX schools. I had a good app a few years ago but applied a little late and UTSW was the only school that prematched me even though I interviewed at all the TX schools I applied to. UTSW was the only school that offered me an interview before my committee letter was in and I have seen this throughout the years with other applicants. I also see every year that a few people who don't submit their secondary still get an interview in January.
Group 1 applicants bypass the process and jump ahead of other applicants ( LizzyM scores of 77-80 and instate).I actually think this is less true of UTSW than other TX schools. I had a good app a few years ago but applied a little late and UTSW was the only school that prematched me even though I interviewed at all the TX schools I applied to. UTSW was the only school that offered me an interview before my committee letter was in and I have seen this throughout the years with other applicants. I also see every year that a few people who don't submit their secondary still get an interview in January.
Group 1 applicants bypass the process and jump ahead of other applicants ( lizzyM scores of 77-80 and instate).
Maybe the LizzyM has adjusted in recent years, but mine wasn't that high (74)

The numbers are kind of moving up a bit. How long ago was yours?Maybe the LizzyM has adjusted in recent years, but mine wasn't that high (74)![]()
bumney
Full Member
Group 1 applicants bypass the process and jump ahead of other applicants ( lizzyM scores of 77-80 and instate).
Do we have a good guess of the interview date for group 1 applicants this year?
Not sure what you are asking.Do we have a good guess of the interview date for group 1 applicants this year?
Group 1 label is one where they meet a certain GPA and MCAT they get called for an interview without a full review. I assume as long as you file secondary you can be called for an interview without a file review and recommendations being in place. So one could file a secondary today assuming it is still open and they could called for an interview ahead of someone in group 2 still waiting for an interview from July filing.
2016The numbers are kind of moving up a bit. How long ago was yours?
My email says back to back 25 min interviews. Is there any info on whether these are open or closed file? Is is structured or is it just a convo? Cant seem to find any info on my portal. Thanks.
Mine were open-file. And one was convo-like and the other was semi structured (the faculty member in that interview just said that there were X factors they want to evaluate applicants on -> comment on each thing; after we got through that, it was totally unstructured and a nice conversation about some activities/hobbies of mine). I guess just know what you wrote down in your secondaries!
My email says back to back 25 min interviews. Is there any info on whether these are open or closed file? Is is structured or is it just a convo? Cant seem to find any info on my portal. Thanks.
Not sure if they could see stats because they didn't comment on them, but they definitely asked me about hobbies and activities I indicated on my application. Overall, the interview was really relaxed and very conversational. They were very enthusiastic about making the applicants feel welcome and they interviewers are not trying to grill you. The interview has probably been the least stressful one I've had so far, even though the interviewing faculty had very intimidating resumes.
2023 GPA of 3.89 and MCAT of 517 translate to exactly 74. However, the 74 as a number may not work by itself without specific minimum GPA and MCAT for that group 1 trigger. I have seen some people with a higher MCAT and lower GPA at 74 who didnt make group 1 in the last cycle (interviewed and admitted in group 2).2016
2023 GPA of 3.89 and MCAT of 517 translate to exactly 74. However, the 74 as a number may not work by itself without specific minimum GPA and MCAT for that group 1 trigger. I have seen some people with a higher MCAT and lower GPA at 74 who didnt make group 1 in the last cycle (interviewed and admitted in group 2).
I got an II this cycle (early Sep) with LM of 74 (transmitted early Aug). From what I've been reading, that's likely Group I? Or I was reviewed early for Group II.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you applied early August and got called early Sep - it is considered group 1.I got an II this cycle (early Sep) with LM of 74 (transmitted early Aug). From what I've been reading, that's likely Group I? Or I was reviewed early for Group II.
If someone applied in July but getting called now, it is group 2.
HTXPre-med
Full Member
For anyone who RSVPd to their online topic sessions. Did y’all receive a confirmation to the RSVP?
bumney
Full Member
If you applied early August and got called early Sep - it is considered group 1.
If someone applied in July but getting called now, it is group 2.
That's what I was asking about earlier, thank you!
neurotic_lemongrab
Full Member
II
completed 9/21 (life happens lol)
completed 9/21 (life happens lol)CONGRATULATIONS!!!!IIcompleted 9/21 (life happens lol)