2020-2021 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received the acceptance call yesterday around 3pm! I was still sleeping from my night shift, but was called back around 4pm. I am super excited!!! I love the area and this school just gives me a really good feeling :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hiya! I saw earlier in the thread that there was no MMI this year. For those that interviewed this year, during the panel interview was there any ethical questions asked?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if anyone here got an II and/or acceptance with sub500 MCAT — how much weight is Western placing on MCAT this cycle? Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Do you mind sharing any of your stats? Give some of us some hope?! Haha

Wondering if anyone here got an II and/or acceptance with sub500 MCAT — how much weight is Western placing on MCAT this cycle? Thanks!

Accepted with almost identical stats to PleaseLetMeIn95 who is also accepted
510 as well.

Maybe that clarifies some of the weight they are putting on the MCAT
:(

Rooting for you all though!

Reactions: 1 user
Hiya! I saw earlier in the thread that there was no MMI this year. For those that interviewed this year, during the panel interview was there any ethical questions asked?

I had a wide range of questions including ethical

Got an acceptance to Comp NW. 3.3 undergraduate GPA, 3.6 graduate GPA, 506 MCAT.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My cGPA and sGPA is 3.62 (with a strong upward trend, if that matters) and MCAT is 508. I'm from Northern California. My primary and secondary application had a strong emphasis on being team-oriented and thriving in a collaborative atmosphere. When I was researching COMP-NW, I felt that this school has a tight-knit atmosphere and I wanted to appeal to that since it is also really important to me.

I can shed some light. I had previously emailed about this and attended Q/A sesions They said that this cycle they don't technically have a cut-off for the MCAT score, but that the admin committee prefers candidates to have at least a 125 in each section and generally offers II to candidates with 500 and above. I think it's important to look at your application in it's entirety than just your score. Most schools rank based on many factors and accumulate a running list for invites (from my understanding.) It may not be that you are cut from the list, just maybe further down in the stack based on ranking different factors in your application.
My situation is a bit biased by being a local with strong community ties to the school and a lot of clinical experience as well. I also included specific barriers with COVID and personal situations (family illness) that may have affected my performance (of course taking ownership and being able to comment on what I learned from the challenges). I believe I was in the first groups to interview and was accepted 10/1. Good luck to all, hang in there!!

My MCAT score:
1603128505623.png

I can shed some light. I had previously emailed about this and attended Q/A sesions They said that this cycle they don't technically have a cut-off for the MCAT score, but that the admin committee prefers candidates to have at least a 125 in each section and generally offers II to candidates with 500 and above. I think it's important to look at your application in it's entirety than just your score. Most schools rank based on many factors and accumulate a running list for invites (from my understanding.) It may not be that you are cut from the list, just maybe further down in the stack based on ranking different factors in your application.
My situation is a bit biased by being a local with strong community ties to the school and a lot of clinical experience as well. I also included specific barriers with COVID and personal situations (family illness) that may have affected my performance (of course taking ownership and being able to comment on what I learned from the challenges). I believe I was in the first groups to interview and was accepted 10/1. Good luck to all, hang in there!!

My MCAT score:
View attachment 320817
Thank you for sharing, appreciate it!

Does anybody know how to apply to their ISAC program? I cant seem to find the info for the application process on the website.

Does anybody know how to apply to their ISAC program? I cant seem to find the info for the application process on the website.
In their interview invite email they have an attachment for program info. The ISAC info is included in there. I think you have to contact someone.

I interviewed at this school on oct 10, but forgot what they said the turn around time for hearing back was. Does anyone remember? Thanks!

I interviewed at this school on oct 10, but forgot what they said the turn around time for hearing back was. Does anyone remember? Thanks!

Probably 2 weeks, but no longer than 3 :)

I believe the pre-interview videos mention post-interview:
Week1: committee meets and provides a recommendation to the admissions director
week2: Admissions director meets with the dean and provides recommendations
week3 (ish): Final recommendations/dean approval go out

Just received acceptance call! Interviewed 10/10. From the PNW with 4000+ hours scribing for MDS and DOs

• Love
Got the acceptance call today!! Interviewed 10/10 :)

• Love
Accepted yesterday afternoon!! (on 10/22). Interviewed 10/10. OOS, MCAT 516, GPA 3.96, 3000+ patient contact hours

• Love
Received an II this morning! Completed secondary 10/5.

Congrats! Is that date when you had the checkmarks or got the committee review email.
I submitted the secondary 10/5 and got the check marks. I actually don’t remember getting a committee review email.

For folks who just got accepted, did you get an email on what to do next? I got the call last Thursday and they said an email would be sent on Friday. So far I got nothing.

For folks who just got accepted, did you get an email on what to do next? I got the call last Thursday and they said an email would be sent on Friday. So far I got nothing.
Same thing happened to me! I was definitely expecting an email on Friday. I’m thinking we’ll get one soon!

Same thing happened to me! I was definitely expecting an email on Friday. I’m thinking we’ll get one soon!

In the same boat! I was worried I was the only one, but apparently not :thumbup:

Accepted!!! Interviewed 10/10. No special call but I got an email and portal update. Got nervous after seeing the A's reported last week but it all worked out. WOOHOOO!!!!

Morning everyone. Can anyone confirm if this program is receptive to pre-II updates? I have some activities and experience that I think would be worth adding in. I've been complete since 8/27 but haven't heard anything yet. I tried to call all the phone numbers listed on the Contact Us page, to ask this question directly but they all went to VM. Will email them if needed but thought some of y'all might have the info I'm looking for.

TIA!

Morning everyone. Can anyone confirm if this program is receptive to pre-II updates? I have some activities and experience that I think would be worth adding in. I've been complete since 8/27 but haven't heard anything yet. I tried to call all the phone numbers listed on the Contact Us page, to ask this question directly but they all went to VM. Will email them if needed but thought some of y'all might have the info I'm looking for.

TIA!

yes, they do.. you can upload things straight to your portal or email letters directly to Shauna and Donna

yes, they do.. you can upload things straight to your portal or email letters directly to Shauna and Donna

Thanks! I ended up connecting with Shauna later in the afternoon. She was super helpful (as always!) and I was able to upload it to my portal immediately. Fingers crossed I get some good news and an II soon :D

Appreciate your response!

For those of you who were placed on the "Alternate" list, I was on it for 4 months straight until finally got pulled off, so it does take a bit of waiting time and do not lose hope if this school is your top choice :D.

Hey guys! Does anybody know when the interview day ends? My interview is early morning

If there are any current students here, would you mind speaking about the rotations? Where they are, how setting them up works, miscellaneous thoughts, etc.? Many thanks in advance!

If there are any current students here, would you mind speaking about the rotations? Where they are, how setting them up works, miscellaneous thoughts, etc.? Many thanks in advance!
I’m a second year so haven’t gone out on rotations yet but can answer questions regarding where they are, how many spots each location has, how you get them, etc. Feel free to ask them here or DM me. Sprinter16 is a 4th year and has experienced rotations for those specific questions

Anyone have an idea when 10/17 interview dates will hear something? The suspense is killing me :(

For those of you who were placed on the "Alternate" list, I was on it for 4 months straight until finally got pulled off, so it does take a bit of waiting time and do not lose hope if this school is your top choice :D.
Thanks that's encouraging! Did you send any extra materials?