2021-2022 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don’t get the waitlist vs. alternate thing, because someone just said that they were accepted off the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Decided not to accept my offer off the waitlist. Hope it goes to one of you waiting... good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t get the waitlist vs. alternate thing, because someone just said that they were accepted off the alternate list?
I believe waitlist has priority. and they don’t disclose rank.
I think they meant waitlist
This was a long debated topic earlier in the cycle. I was offered a position on the alternate list on february 11th and just accepted off the alternate list on May 10th. I don't know which has priority, but if nobody was accepted off the waitlist, then alternate list has the priority.
Congrats. Do you mind share your MCAT score? also when was your interview date?
509 MCAT 3.7 GPA, I interviewed on January 27th with the MMI on January 28th

This was a long debated topic earlier in the cycle. I was offered a position on the alternate list on february 11th and just accepted off the alternate list on May 10th. I don't know which has priority, but if nobody was accepted off the waitlist, then alternate list has the priority.

509 MCAT 3.7 GPA, I interviewed on January 27th with the MMI on January 28th
Thank you for the info! I think there has been a lot of confusion about waitlist versus alternate list and I think that is because in both scenarios they ask you to "accept alternate status." In your initial post on March 3 you stated that you were waitlisted then asked to accept alternate status. The letters that they send for alternates and waitlisted individuals are different. This is the letter for waitlisted students:

On behalf of Western University of Health Sciences’ College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP) - Pomona campus, I am very pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee is interested in having you join the class of DO2026 and has placed you on the waitlist with a limited number of other highly qualified candidates. Although we were impressed with your application, we are unable to offer you a place in the class at this time because the applicants who were offered an acceptance prior to your interview have since confirmed their intent to attend COMP; the class is currently filled. Waitlisted candidates will be contacted first should a place become available in the class.

We are very excited about the possibility of your matriculation this year. We hope that you will remain committed to our program and keep us informed of your interest. The Admissions Office will contact you right away if a place becomes available for the entering class.

However, if you do not hear from us, your status will remain “Waitlisted.”

It states that waitlisted students will be contacted first. Based on previous posts it appears that they are so far, only taking students off the waitlist and it seems from previous threads they did the waitlisted students first as well. I hope this clears up that confusion!

Just withdrew my A from October. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone getting off the waitlist! And good luck to those who are still waiting! I am one of the waitlisters but have a question.

I have an acceptance to MSU. I will be going if Western doesn’t get back to me but hope to hear back before school starts up in June. Do you think it is appropriate to send a status update email to Western voicing my intent again? Or do you think I shouldn’t say anything?

Western is my number one choice because all my family is here and I help take care of my grandma on the weekends.

There is probably no harm in doing so. Worst case, they say no and you are still a doctor. Best case, you train closer to your family. Given the amount of people turning down A's they might just want someone who is committed to attending (purely guessing)

Has there been any movement this week? In the alternate list and submitted an letter of intent a while back but have not heard back. Wondering if I should move on already

Members don't see this ad :)
Has there been any movement this week? In the alternate list and submitted an letter of intent a while back but have not heard back. Wondering if I should move on already
same boat :\ i’m sure some are weighing their offers and not everyone who was offered an A off the AL/WL is taking it. let’s hold on a bit longer!

Graduation just happened today so maybe there will be more movement now that staff are more free.

not sure where to post this question so I thought I would ask here. Has anyone heard back about the western trustee scholarship? also do you think it's rude to email the trustee people to see if there are any updates?😅

for those just accepted…when are those documents (background check, health insurance…etc) due. Since it says they’re technically due June 1, but y’all got accepted June 3…

accepted off waitlist yesterday!! excited to go to my top choice and stay in La!!

A strange email was received regarding submitting LOI as an alternate candidate. I sent one months ago, should I send another one???

A strange email was received regarding submitting LOI as an alternate candidate. I sent one months ago, should I send another one???
I received that also, but I was waitlisted. Does alternate candidate mean WL or Alternate?

i submitted one a while ago and ended up explaining that in my email and attaching it to my email-maybe i should have written a new one

Accepted off of the waitlist last Friday! Interviewed in January.

can anyone who was recently accepted off the waitlist pls message me I was just accepted and have some questions

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a Western email address after committing?

wondering the same thing...also accepted 06/03. do we have a new date we need to submit all the SHO documents by since we were accepted after the "june 01 deadline." And for transcripts, did yall send transcripts via parchment to Western University of Health Sciences?

Does anyone know the process for withdrawing my acceptance? I emailed the admission office over a week ago but didn't hear anything back.

Did anyone on the waitlist/alternate list decide to send in a second LOI after the email they sent out last week? Still deciding if I should or not

I just got off the waitlist but have no idea what to do. I am already in the middle of orientation at another school and like it. But Western is my number 1 since its only 1 hour from home while the school I'm at now is an $$$ 5 hour plane ride.

I just got off the waitlist but have no idea what to do. I am already in the middle of orientation at another school and like it. But Western is my number 1 since its only 1 hour from home while the school I'm at now is an $$$ 5 hour plane ride.
Depending on how much u hate your current school and how much u value being home (how much money it will save you + if you want to match in socal). You can always leave your current program and come to western. You 100% lose your deposit but idk about your tuition assuming you already paid for the fall term

I actually haven't paid summer tuition yet or fall. First round of tuition is due July 1. So I guess that's good. I just want to make sure I am really combing through Western's program before I drop everything and go back home. I'm trying to give myself until the end of today to decide, but I'm going to have to manage that with going to orientation too.

I guess its GG guys. GL to accepted mates, BL to Reapplicants!

• Care
  • Sad
Just received the A off the alternate list!