2021-2022 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't heard back yet either.. but my application status page changed, it only shows the checklist and official score, no more app fee or withdraw my application section... does that mean I'm rejected?
I feel like when application pages change its a good thing —might be acceptance actually

Members don't see this ad.

really was hoping we’d hear back today lol😵‍💫
same here but total silence. lowkey was super excited they'd get back to us within 2 weeks lol.

I haven't heard back yet either.. but my application status page changed, it only shows the checklist and official score, no more app fee or withdraw my application section... does that mean I'm rejected?
my app status page changed too. not sure what that means for us

Edit: just received alternate status. hope to see that turn into an A

Last edited:
Decision for the Feb 10th interview has been posted, best wishes to you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait so what does alternate list mean again? 😥

Wait so what does alternate list mean again? 😥
Are you placed on the Waitlist and asked to accept the offer of alternate status. OR you are placed on Alternate list? Do you mind share their decision letter here? Thanks

Are you placed on the Waitlist and asked to accept the offer of alternate status. OR you are placed on Alternate list? Do you mind share their decision letter here? Thanks
Just alternate status.

“On behalf of Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona campus, I would like to inform you of your selection as one of the alternates for the DO Class of 2026. Please be assured that we are very much interested in the possibility of your matriculation. We hope that you share the same enthusiasm for our program and will keep us informed of your interest.”

Just alternate status.

“On behalf of Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona campus, I would like to inform you of your selection as one of the alternates for the DO Class of 2026. Please be assured that we are very much interested in the possibility of your matriculation. We hope that you share the same enthusiasm for our program and will keep us informed of your interest.”
Thanks: This is the letter for Waitlisted applicants: "On behalf of Western University of Health Sciences’ College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP) - Pomona campus, I am very pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee is interested in having you join the class of DO2026 and has placed you on the waitlist with a limited number of other highly qualified candidates. Although we were impressed with your application, we are unable to offer you a place in the class at this time because the applicants who were offered an acceptance prior to your interview have since confirmed their intent to attend COMP; the class is currently filled. Waitlisted candidates will be contacted first should a place become available in the class."
Hopefully we can see some movements in both alternate and waitlisted lists soon.

Thanks: This is the letter for Waitlisted applicants: "On behalf of Western University of Health Sciences’ College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP) - Pomona campus, I am very pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee is interested in having you join the class of DO2026 and has placed you on the waitlist with a limited number of other highly qualified candidates. Although we were impressed with your application, we are unable to offer you a place in the class at this time because the applicants who were offered an acceptance prior to your interview have since confirmed their intent to attend COMP; the class is currently filled. Waitlisted candidates will be contacted first should a place become available in the class."
Hopefully we can see some movements in both alternate and waitlisted lists soon.
Thanks! When you looked through past threads did you notice if many people got off the alternate list?

Thanks! When you looked through past threads did you notice if many people got off the alternate list?
Yes. Last cycle there were some movements in both lists during April-July. Hopefully it happens again

Hey guys, do you think they reserve seats for different interview groups? Seems weird to me that they say their class is full, but have still been interviewing (mine was on 2/24)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, do you think they reserve seats for different interview groups? Seems weird to me that they say their class is full, but have still been interviewing (mine was on 2/24)
Idk 🤷🏻‍♀️ I was feb 10 and they said they still had spots open but.. nobody posted that they received an A.. so not sure

• Sad
Besides people getting off the waitlist, I haven't heard anybody posting any A's recently either @onlyingrace . I interviewed 1/13, was waitlisted, and haven't heard anything since.

Would they really waste their time interviewing people just to add to their waitlist though? I'm trying to hold onto hope :')

Would they really waste their time interviewing people just to add to their waitlist though? I'm trying to hold onto hope :')
Not everyone that gets accepted attends and not everyone who puts a deposit down will attend either. So they interview for a waitlist to make sure every seat is filled and the class is at full capacity should students withdraw before school starts.

any current students who did ISAC? I recently got accepted and wanted to ask for advice etc! Preferably Pomona campus!

does anyone know how much the interview is weighed in the final decision? My interview did not go so well.. but mmi was great

Do most people generally get accepted or waitlisted if they’ve been offered an interview?

Like do you have to really screw up your interview before you get rejected? I’m wondering because during the interview they said some 550 offers were made and they offer about 730 interview invitations?

Do most people generally get accepted or waitlisted if they’ve been offered an interview?

Like do you have to really screw up your interview before you get rejected? I’m wondering because during the interview they said some 550 offers were made and they offer about 730 interview invitations?
I was wondering the same thing. I have only seen like one or two people on here post that they received an R post interview.

I was wondering the same thing. I have only seen like one or two people on here post that they received an R post interview.
Also wondering if those 730 interviews offered is actually just the offers and not the number of people they actually interview....

What would you like to know? I took it last year.
Did you find it beneficial? Any challenges that caught you off guard throughout the program? Anything you would recommend us doing/not doing coming into the course/during the course?

I swear i thought i remember them saying we'd hear back 2 Wednesdays after our interview. maybe im just going crazy :/
I would check the applicant portal for status update. I didnt receive an email either but found out about the update a week after my interview

no more app fee or withdraw for me either, maybe decisions are coming out this afternoon?

Update, got waitlisted. They stated their class is currently full.

Just got an II. I'm seeing on the forum that people are saying the class is already full, so I wonder why they are still sending out IIs at this point. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, but a little confused

Just got an II. I'm seeing on the forum that people are saying the class is already full, so I wonder why they are still sending out IIs at this point. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, but a little confused
congrats! mind sharing stats?

I think they're just interviewing for waitlist positions at this point, but lots of people get off the waitlist! (I think they said something like 60 people or so)

Alternate list. My interview didn't go so well so I am not too surprised especially given how late my interview was