2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do y’all know the dates for the admissions committee meetings and when is the next one

Members don't see this ad.

Any more recent II or has interview concluded?
I think there is one more interview at least tomorrow...not sure they are doing more after that! From the previous cycle, there was one interview as late as July 22 and the person got accepted the day after...so not really sure how this app cycle would
pan out tbh. The Dean told me over the phone that they are winding up the interviews by end of this month/early May!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an II a moment ago and I declined it. They called me. I hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
I just got an II a moment ago and I declined it. They called me. I hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!
Ah may I ask for your stats? It seem they're inviting in order of mcat score.

Just withdrew my acceptance. I hope it makes space for one of y'all on the WL! Best of luck to all of you 😊

Just got a phone call for a II! Crazy late in the cycle but I’m excited to interview.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Hopefully there is still an II for me lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the admissions committee will meet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone. Does anyone know who to email my letter of intent to? Is it best to send the letter to Dr. Weir or admissions?

Anybody who would help me with where to direct my letter of intent to would be greatly appreciated!!!

Please have they started accepting from deferred list

Here I am, still waiting for the Pre-II rejection lol. Does anyone know if this school send out Pre-II rejection at all?

Just got an II today. This late in the cycle. Is this for WL interview or are they still accepting people? Also, can someone tell me what to expect in the interview?

VCOM-LA is going to be the cheaper school. WCUCOM is about 1/2 the distance from my home.

WCUCOM will be worth the extra money. No way I’d go to a brand new school unless it was my only acceptance.

Just got an II today. This late in the cycle. Is this for WL interview or are they still accepting people? Also, can someone tell me what to expect in the interview?
Congrats, based on last year's thread people were getting interviewed in July and got accepted. Also, may I ask for your stats to see if I should still remain hopeful with wcucom haha

The interview is about 30 mins with two faculty. Very standard questions about your motivations to pursue this path and one ethical question related to medicine at the end. There are only 139 members on FB page and they are gonna accept 175 students this year I believe. I don't think the spots are filled yet and there is gonna be for sure movement from the WL since some people are still waiting to hear back from other schools and other WLs

Just got my II this afternoon. I’m so excited and nervous about it! Please help me out friends!!!!

Just got my II this afternoon. I’m so excited and nervous about it! Please help me out friends!!!!
hey, I was told they are very selective in who they send their secondaries to. So be proud of that. Although this is kind of late in the cycle I wouldn't be surprised if you got an interview. It is all in the hands of god now. Maybe if you really wanted, you can write them a letter saying why you would like to attend the school and what you can bring to the table. I am on waitlist now. Who knows, maybe we will be classmates this coming year :)

hey, I was told they are very selective in who they send their secondaries to. So be proud of that. Although this is kind of late in the cycle I wouldn't be surprised if you got an interview. It is all in the hands of god now. Maybe if you really wanted, you can write them a letter saying why you would like to attend the school and what you can bring to the table. I am on waitlist now. Who knows, maybe we will be classmates this coming year :)
I think II means interview invites. Either way, I really hope to get an interview here lol. Completed my secondaries in Feb and been silence since.

I think II means interview invites. Either way, I really hope to get an interview here lol. Completed my secondaries in Feb and been silence since.
Completed my secondary in September and just interviewed this past Friday. Waiting is the worst part! Good luck!!! Hope you get that II

Completed my secondary in September and just interviewed this past Friday. Waiting is the worst part! Good luck!!! Hope you get that II
Agreed waiting is the worst part, but this is the only school I have seen that gives a pretty concrete time table for turnaround which is about 2 weeks and a day or so. They told me they make their decision about me this Wednesday (interview 05/7) and I should receive that decision shortly after, about 1-3 days. So the waiting isn't so bad when you have a day to look forward to lol. Good luck!

Fingers crossed for some love haha

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a late interview but I’ve already paid my deposit at ACOM. Thoughts on WC vs ACOM? WC is closer to home (~4 hrs vs ~8 hrs) and about $40-50k cheaper overall. Housing in Hattiesburg looks a bit more expensive than Dothan but not significantly. Better school options in Hattiesburg for my kids. I want to do rural FM so match stats aren’t super important to me.

Wondering how William Carey handles clerkship sites. Couldn’t find a lot of info on locations or how often students have to relocate during 3rd/4th year (I have school-age kids so I’m trying not to disrupt their lives more than necessary).

Last edited:
Just got a late interview but I’ve already paid my deposit at ACOM. Thoughts on WC vs ACOM? WC is closer to home (~4 hrs vs ~8 hrs) and about $40-50k cheaper overall. Housing in Hattiesburg looks a big more expensive than Dothan but not significantly. Better school options in Hattiesburg for my kids. I want to do rural FM so match stats aren’t super important to me.

Wondering how William Carey handles clerkship sites. Couldn’t find a lot of info on locations or how often students have to relocate during 3rd/4th year (I have school-age kids so I’m trying not to disrupt their lives more than necessary).
From what I’ve found online. Seems like the first 10 months of the 20 month clerkship in years 3 and 4 is done at a single hub site.

VCOM- Louisiana vs WCUCOM?
WCUCOM is accredited
VCOM-LA is about 6.5 hours from home. William Carey is about 3 hours.
VCOM-LA is about $7,500/ year cheaper.
VCOM three other campuses have higher first time COMLEX pass rates than WCUCOM.
VCOM has more hub sites for rotations in years 3 and 4.
VCOM-LA is a new school, and it has new facilities.
VCOM-LA has access to VCOM-TV allowing to watch lectures from every campus as they have identical curriculum.
VCOM is the second largest medical school in the U.S. so if the campus was to be hit by a natural disaster we could be distributed between the other campuses to not interrupt our education.

Thanks!

A few of those are back home/close to home which would be super convenient, but I wonder which ones count as “hub” sites. I’ll be sure to ask during my interview.

VCOM- Louisiana vs WCUCOM?
WCUCOM is accredited
VCOM-LA is about 6.5 hours from home. William Carey is about 3 hours.
VCOM-LA is about $7,500/ year cheaper.
VCOM three other campuses have higher first time COMLEX pass rates than WCUCOM.
VCOM has more hub sites for rotations in years 3 and 4.
VCOM-LA is a new school, and it has new facilities.
VCOM-LA has access to VCOM-TV allowing to watch lectures from every campus as they have identical curriculum.
VCOM is the second largest medical school in the U.S. so if the campus was to be hit by a natural disaster we could be distributed between the other campuses to not interrupt our education.

There is absolutely no way I’d go to a brand new school unless it was my only acceptance.

There is absolutely no way I’d go to a brand new school unless it was my only acceptance.
It's not really a brand new school since it's a branch school. They should have all the foundation down along with federal loans. However, if its me I would choose the one closer to home.

anyone know what type of organizations William Carey has ? its hard to find stuff on their website

Got my A!!! I'm so excited right now I could cry, my first A

do you mind sharing stats?
MCAT: 488 retook and got 499. cGPA 3.78 sGPA 3.70. 3 years experience as EMT. Secondary complete: 9/19
Marked complete: 9/21
Interview Invite: 5/7
Interview: 5/14
Accepted: 5/20 via email

• Wow