2021-2022 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted TMDSAS on 6/26 and it is still being processed - am I a little too late in the cycle or...? I'm hoping to be verified and receive a secondary by July end / early August but is that going to be too late? Any thoughts welcome
You are early enough and TMDSAS is up to apps submitted on 6/19 by today.
We have now posted all the TMDSAS secondaries on the school-specific pages, so while you wait for verification you can work on those essays and have them ready to submit! Almost immediately after your app is transmitted to schools from TMDSAS, you will get emails from your schools inviting you to submit secondaries.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
You are early enough and TMDSAS is up to apps submitted on 6/19 by today.
We have now posted all the TMDSAS secondaries on the school-specific pages, so while you wait for verification you can work on those essays and have them ready to submit! Almost immediately after your app is transmitted to schools from TMDSAS, you will get emails from your schools inviting you to submit secondaries.
Dont wait for secondaries to write your essays.

Has anyone gotten an II yet? Someone added one to the II-tracking google sheet saying they got one today with a 4.0/528

edit: it's possible it may be fake lol

Members don't see this ad :)
IS II received
LM 81
Excited!!! Completed everything on 7/1

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Yay congrats everyone!!

if I submitted my secondary before some of y’all and didnt receive an II, is it safe to assume that I was passed over this cycle? I’m not clear on if schools reevaluate applicants or not.

Reactions: 1 user
Yay congrats everyone!!

if I submitted my secondary before some of y’all and didnt receive an II, is it safe to assume that I was passed over this cycle? I’m not clear on if schools reevaluate applicants or not.
Absolutely not. They (all schools) stratify applications. There will be a high MCAT pile stratified into GPA piles ordered by date, there will be a middle MCAT pile and a low MCAT pile with the same thing. There may be separate indicators that are automatically tagged on and assigned priority: URM, college athletics, military, IS/OOS, applying dual degree, undergrad affiliation etc etc.

Admissions algorithms are a lot more complex than we give them credit. 95% of holistic review is done by the algorithm. And that is how you get sorted.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you need a CASPER score on file to considered for an interview? I assume yes right?

Absolutely not. They (all schools) stratify applications. There will be a high MCAT pile stratified into GPA piles ordered by date, there will be a middle MCAT pile and a low MCAT pile with the same thing. There may be separate indicators that are automatically tagged on and assigned priority: URM, college athletics, military, IS/OOS, applying dual degree, undergrad affiliation etc etc.

Admissions algorithms are a lot more complex than we give them credit. 95% of holistic review is done by the algorithm. And that is how you get sorted.
I was complete 6/3 with a 3.96/523, does this fall into the "there's still time" or...? Sorry to be neurotic this is my top school.

I was complete 6/3 with a 3.96/523, does this fall into the "there's still time" or...? Sorry to be neurotic this is my top school.
Of course there’s still time! It’s still July. Don’t be worried!!! Only school that offers II solely based on stats is UTSW. The others look for different things so the whole process is drawn out. @wysdoc always says the cycle requires patience! I think you’ll be okay… just give it time!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think everyone has a chance at UTSW (their website & MSAR have a wide range of stats). I just meant they’re the only school that does auto interviews solely based on stats. Sorry about the confusion.
Right, I was just doing a dumb and dumber quote to be funny lol

Of course there’s still time! It’s still July. Don’t be worried!!! Only school that offers II solely based on stats is UTSW. The others look for different things so the whole process is drawn out. @wysdoc always says the cycle requires patience! I think you’ll be okay… just give it time!
Thanks! Yeah sorry I only mentioned my stats because NonTrad mentioned a top-down review based on GPA/MCAT stratification. I have mission fit with Baylor so that’s why I felt concerned but I will take everyone’s advice and have patience.

Thanks! Yeah sorry I only mentioned my stats because NonTrad mentioned a top-down review based on GPA/MCAT stratification. I have mission fit with Baylor so that’s why I felt concerned but I will take everyone’s advice and have patience.
Yo, sorry - that was more of a “this is how they can stratify applications making review variable” not “this is the specific order in which schools will stratify applications”

Most schools in Texas review applicants in the order they have been received with a caveat - the date they are considered complete also matters.

The next issue they have is that the application goes to reviewers who need to be prompt in returning the application with an interview recommendation.

The early interviews at UTSW dont have these steps - application does not need to be complete or reviewed.

For anyone wondering why some people paid $50 and others paid $100 for the secondary, I got an email that said "After you complete TMDSAS application if you meet the criteria depending on your SES/EO you might qualify for fee reduction of $50.00 instead of $100.00.". They don't offer waivers but they seem to automatically reduce the cost for qualifying applicants.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi y'all! Today I got a II, and I was so surprised! My MCAT is lower, at a 514, so I hope that eases some people's minds. (I guess they do really look at stuff other than your scores!). I'm in-state, and non-URM as well, for those wondering.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi y'all! Today I got a II, and I was so surprised! My MCAT is lower, at a 514, so I hope that eases some people's minds. (I guess they do really look at stuff other than your scores!). I'm in-state, and non-URM as well, for those wondering.

Congrats!! When did you submit?

II. Submitted 7/16, URM, 100 %tile MCAT and 3.9+ gpa

Are you planning to matriculate into medical school immediately after completing your undergraduate education? If not, please explain what activities and/or careers you have pursued in the time between your college education and your application. *

Do I answer this if I just graduated in May and submitted my application in June?

Are you planning to matriculate into medical school immediately after completing your undergraduate education? If not, please explain what activities and/or careers you have pursued in the time between your college education and your application. *

Do I answer this if I just graduated in May and submitted my application in June?
Yes - what will you do between now and next July (besides writing essays!)

Out of curiosity sake, what were your extracurriculars?

Out of curiosity sake, what were your extracurriculars?
Hi, along with the usual pre-med activities, I founded a unique club at my school, and mentioned my creative hobbies. I also have 3 published articles. In my app, I tried to convey the meaning I obtained from every experience. I don't know what stood out to them in particular, but it was probably something about the app as a whole. There's so many things it could have been, so I'm not sure if this is helpful or not.

II received at 12:13 CST. IS, LM 75
Congrats, me too! Did you get another email a minute later saying you confirmed your date? I never confirmed my interview date but my portal shows up as "confirmed" and I got an email a minute after saying that my date was confirmed. Strange...

Congrats, me too! Did you get another email a minute later saying you confirmed your date? I never confirmed my interview date but my portal shows up as "confirmed" and I got an email a minute after saying that my date was confirmed. Strange...
Congrats! When were you guys complete?

Also got an invite just a few minutes ago. Interview date was confirmed for me as well.

Congrats! When were you guys complete?
Not entirely sure, but I submitted my secondary early June. My school's committee didn't let us start requesting committee letters until mid/end of July so my letter wasn't in before then!

Also got an invite just a few minutes ago. Interview date was confirmed for me as well.
Since it's already confirmed we probably don't have to respond/do anything except for RSVP to the pre-interview social right? Just want to make sure all my bases are covered.

I got that same email and I asked the admissions office about it.
this is what they said “Thanks for reaching out. You were assigned and confirmed for September 10th. Our apologies for the system error in auto confirming for you. Please let me know if you are unavailable for the 10th so we can reassign you an new interview date if needed.”
I was complete on 6/25
Thank you for clarifying!

Hi! Does Baylor tend to care when you submitted secondaries ? I received a secondary at the beginning of June but submitted mid-July. For context 76 LM, lots of research

Submitted and under review on 7/14/21.
73 LizzyM.
515 MCAT

time to be concerned about getting an II?

Submitted and under review on 7/14/21.
73 LizzyM.
515 MCAT

time to be concerned about getting an II?
I submitted IS 6/3 with a LM=80.6 and while I have had luck at other TX schools, I still haven't heard back from Baylor! You got this, I am sure they're probably just starting to look at mid-July :)

I submitted IS 6/3 with a LM=80.6 and while I have had luck at other TX schools, I still haven't heard back from Baylor! You got this, I am sure they're probably just starting to loo
IS or OOS? How are you doing with other Texas schools?
Oops. Forgot to mention. IS.
I have interviews from UT-Houston and UTMB so far. Crickets from the others!

Oops. Forgot to mention. IS.
I have interviews from UT-Houston and UTMB so far. Crickets from the others!
you should hear from most others soon. UTSW and Baylor will be probably on the backend since they go by high stats early on unless you fit some institutional needs.

Has anyone interviewed yet? I have mine scheduled for September 10th and am a little nervous