You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Baylor
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Can’t predict, as this will be their first year as a TMDSAS school! Last year as an AMCAS school their first offers went out in late November.
But y’all please share any news you get next week!
But y’all please share any news you get next week!
I interviewed around a few weeks ago. Would you say a letter of intent is a good idea (if not too late at this point?), or do you think it doesn't really make a difference? Baylor is definitely my top choice.Can’t predict, as this will be their first year as a TMDSAS school! Last year as an AMCAS school their first offers went out in late November.
But y’all please share any news you get next week!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Letter of intent- maybe later this winter or if you end up on a WL. Too early for it right now since they haven’t made any offers at all.I interviewed around a few weeks ago. Would you say a letter of intent is a good idea (if not too late at this point?), or do you think it doesn't really make a difference? Baylor is definitely my top choice.
If this is any reassurance, I interviewed last week and they said they probably won't be ready by this week. I think they hinted towards early/mid-November, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck to the late November as before.Do we know if Baylor will be pre match heavy or if they’re planning on sending it out first day?
none have been reported on SDN so most likely nothas baylor started pre-matching yet?
Yes. You should really start to panic.Haven't received an interview invite from Baylor, Long, or McGovern yet... You all think it's time to start losing hope?
No, I'm joking. Same boat as you. The general recommended advice is that you should start worrying about a lack of II if you haven't received any by Thanksgiving. There are a few people saying that this "standard" needs to be pushed back to end of December.
Anyways, you still have around a month or two before you should really start to worry.
Any updates/insight on to when Baylor will start giving out pre-matches?
Any updates/insight on to when Baylor will start giving out pre-matches?
Allow me to consult my crystal ball....
Okay for real, this is the first year Baylor has been in TMDSAS so there's no past timeline to compare to.
When they were AMCAS the first offers were usually in mid-November, so I'm going to guess the same for this year.
Let's see how it goes!
I interviewed today. They said an interview cohort typically is reviewed in the two weeks post interview and put into a ranked list of candidates going back to the first cohort in August. A typical candidate can hear back a month after their interview all the way until April. They do plan on releasing prematches and acceptances, but atm they sound heavily focused on using the match to fill their class. Their timeline doesn’t seem focused on filling up their seats with prematches as fast as possible.I know Baylor is pretty transparent about their admissions, so if anyone who has interviewed in the past week can comment on what they've said that'll be greatly appreciated!
Chayil_Royale
Full Member
II today, praise God!! Definitely a reach school for me seeing as I am OOS-- so I am incredibly grateful for this. But let me say, things will work out as they should. XOXO
Complete 9/7/21
Complete 9/7/21
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fluffybagel
Full Member
Do you remember what dates were offered?II today, praise God!! Definitely a reach school for me seeing as I am OOS-- so I am incredibly grateful for this. But let me say, things will work out as they should. XOXO
Complete 9/7/21
No prematch offers so far! More time to work on your letter, if needed 💝I interviewed October 8th, and was planning on sending a letter of intent today. Have there been no pre-match offers yet? maybe I should wait to send the LOI?
D
deleted1106377
Would you say a letter of intent is even worth writing? I don't imagine it means much, but I am wondering if I should write one as wellNo prematch offers so far! More time to work on your letter, if needed 💝
definitely worth it. I believe you can only send one letter of intent, so its basically telling them that they are your top choice and you will matriculate if acceptedWould you say a letter of intent is even worth writing? I don't imagine it means much, but I am wondering if I should write one as well
D
deleted1106377
Ah I was under the suspicion that for TMDSAS schools a letter of intent wasn't really necessary until after the Match when students go on WLsdefinitely worth it. I believe you can only send one letter of intent, so its basically telling them that they are your top choice and you will matriculate if accepted
I think it would seem anxious to send it now before any offers have been made. Wait to see if you get in, or if not send it in December/ JanuaryWould you say a letter of intent is even worth writing? I don't imagine it means much, but I am wondering if I should write one as well
Yes, you state your intent by ranking a school number 1Ah I was under the suspicion that for TMDSAS schools a letter of intent wasn't really necessary until after the Match when students go on WLs
D
deleted1106377
Yeah that's what I was assuming, I figured they would know your intent by match day so a letter is unnecessary until then. I'll take your advice and just wait until the match. Hopefully, my ranking is sufficient indication of my intent lol!Yes, you state your intent by ranking a school number 1
I agree probably best to wait, but they can't see your rankings at all so that at least has no bearingYeah that's what I was assuming, I figured they would know your intent by match day so a letter is unnecessary until then. I'll take your advice and just wait until the match. Hopefully, my ranking is sufficient indication of my intent lol!
I’m wondering if they’re waiting until late November to make their first decisions like last year
Chayil_Royale
Full Member
Dec 3rd & Dec 10thDo you remember what dates were offered?
Since they didn't seem to have changed their process, I would suspect they are following their standard routine of announcing around thanksgiving - so next weekend or week after.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
recent interview invitations were for dates in early December. Only send an update if you have a new and significant addition to your application.do you think it's too late to send a pre-II update letter to baylor? I feel like their interview season might be over by now
MedHopeful8513
Full Member
I submitted my thank-you letters through the email they gave us post-interview, but they haven’t shown up in my “documents” tab. Do you think I should manually upload them for the formality of it all?
II
stats? when did you submit and what dates were offered
custardlover
New Member
not who you responded too but also received II Tuesday, LizzyM 76, submitted early September, dates: early decstats? when did you submit and what dates were offered
Do y'all think Baylor will release today or wait till next week?
In past years I think it's been the week of thanksgiving so I'm going to guess next weekDo y'all think Baylor will release today or wait till next week?
but a lot of the TMDSAS schools haven't been following trends of years past so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Baylor just got to TMDSAS but they did not issue any admits to go with the new timelines which means they are staying with their original timelines of admitting some this weekend or next week. Would be shocking if they at least dont stick to their original process since they didnt change.In past years I think it's been the week of thanksgiving so I'm going to guess next week
but a lot of the TMDSAS schools haven't been following trends of years past so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I’ll add that last year’s SDN page had some great user named Goodma27 post the history of Baylor’s first wave of acceptances. Here is what they found.
“Past acceptance schedule
2016 - November 15, Tuesday, nine days before thanksgiving
2017 - November 21, Tuesday, two days before thanksgiving
2018 - November 19, Monday, three days before thanksgiving
2019 - November 21, Saturday, five days before thanksgiving”
Then 2020 - November 23, Monday, three days before thanksgiving
“Past acceptance schedule
2016 - November 15, Tuesday, nine days before thanksgiving
2017 - November 21, Tuesday, two days before thanksgiving
2018 - November 19, Monday, three days before thanksgiving
2019 - November 21, Saturday, five days before thanksgiving”
Then 2020 - November 23, Monday, three days before thanksgiving
bunnolover13
Full Member
Does anyone have an idea of how many pre-matches baylor sends out? like do they send out most acceptances as pre-matches or do they save a lot of them for match day? UTSA said during the interview that they were pre-match light but I wasn't sure about baylorI’ll add that last year’s SDN page had some great user named Goodma27 post the history of Baylor’s first wave of acceptances. Here is what they found.
“Past acceptance schedule
2016 - November 15, Tuesday, nine days before thanksgiving
2017 - November 21, Tuesday, two days before thanksgiving
2018 - November 19, Monday, three days before thanksgiving
2019 - November 21, Saturday, five days before thanksgiving”
Then 2020 - November 23, Monday, three days before thanksgiving
this is baylor's first year in TMDSAS (aka their first year following the match/prematch system) so we don't have any history to go off ofDoes anyone have an idea of how many pre-matches baylor sends out? like do they send out most acceptances as pre-matches or do they save a lot of them for match day? UTSA said during the interview that they were pre-match light but I wasn't sure about baylor
Baylor just joined TMDSAS & the Match system this year, so there is no precedent.Does anyone have an idea of how many pre-matches baylor sends out? like do they send out most acceptances as pre-matches or do they save a lot of them for match day? UTSA said during the interview that they were pre-match light but I wasn't sure about baylor
During my interview they said they'd probably be "somewhere in the middle". So not prematch heavy like UTSW but also not like UTSA lol.Does anyone have an idea of how many pre-matches baylor sends out? like do they send out most acceptances as pre-matches or do they save a lot of them for match day? UTSA said during the interview that they were pre-match light but I wasn't sure about baylor
doctorstudentnetwork
Full Member
Have any OOS interviewees from 11/5 heard anything back yet?
No one has heard anything - IS or OOS.Have any OOS interviewees from 11/5 heard anything back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe some prematch calls today? Seems like today or tomorrow if they follow the past years [emoji1696]
Last year was around 3 pmDo we know what time they usually make those calls?
Welp seems like today's not the day either. It has to be tomorrow then since they haven't done calls the day right before thanksgiving I don't think.