2021-2022 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 II! YAY!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
IS ii received!!! yall i NEVER thought i would have a chance here. there is hope for my 10th percentile peeps!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II just now! Complete 07/29

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
IS II, complete 6/8 - proof that there's still hope for early apps!!

Complete 6/17 with 4.0/521. Is there still hope for an IS II? I've gotten love from other Texas schools but nothing from Baylor yet :(
with those numbers, it is not possible not to get an interview instate.

How did people who already interviewed (this cycle or the last if there are any current M1s) feel about the zoom interview day? Did it cover all the bases you wanted? Trying to gauge how prepared I should be for the student panel with questions about their program since the schedule for the day seemed somewhat bare. Anything would be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad :)
How did people who already interviewed (this cycle or the last if there are any current M1s) feel about the zoom interview day? Did it cover all the bases you wanted? Trying to gauge how prepared I should be for the student panel with questions about their program since the schedule for the day seemed somewhat bare. Anything would be appreciated :)
for the student panel, it's very chill and off the record. You can ask any questions you want. Students on my day asked about living arrangements, food, research, etc. I think they did a good job covering all bases and highlight the essentials that you need to know about them. About interview, I had 2 faculty interviews and they were pretty standard. They asked many questions and were not conversational.

Reactions: 3 users
for the student panel, it's very chill and off the record. You can ask any questions you want. Students on my day asked about living arrangements, food, research, etc. I think they did a good job covering all bases and highlight the essentials that you need to know about them. About interview, I had 2 faculty interviews and they were pretty standard. They asked many questions and were not conversational.
Yeah, I agree ^^. Everyone's interviews will be different though! The interviewers had some questions they had to ask, but my interviews felt conversational. It was like any other Texas medical school interview (don't let the name scare you). The interview day is pretty straightforward, other schools talk more about themselves and their programs, but Baylor already knows they're a top choice XD

Hey everyone! Baylor MS1 here. Thought I'd lurk around here :p feel free to ask me questions about the school or the app process!
Also feel free to check out my post-interview impressions from last cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Still have not heard back! Was complete July 20th ish. 75 LM with lots of research and also IS. I've heard back from UTSW already. Should I give up on Baylor?

Still have not heard back! Was complete July 20th ish. 75 LM with lots of research and also IS. I've heard back from UTSW already. Should I give up on Baylor?
It is a long season. most people who get interviews are over 72ish and so you are in there. It is not like you have to be interviewed early to get into Baylor because that is not how they operate.

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is for Baylor specifically out of those who interview? I can't find it online.

IS II ! Complete mid-late July LM 75
Interview date: Oct 15

II today, IS complete late July, 4.0 and 514

Anyone know whether Baylor will send out prematch invites on Oct 15, Nov 1, or Nov 15?

Anyone know whether Baylor will send out prematch invites on Oct 15, Nov 1, or Nov 15?
This is Baylor's first year as a part of TMDSAS, so it will be new for them to take part in the pre-match process.
We'll have to see how they schedule things!

Is it worth submitting a secondary here still? (MSTP)
Well, the deadline to be complete is November 1 but their page also says this:

Deadlines​

All materials must be received by Nov. 1 for MSTP applicants. The Admissions Committee will not review an applicant’s file until the following are received: verified AMCAS application, BCM supplemental application and fee, letters of recommendation, MCAT scores, and CASPer scores. MSTP applicants are strongly advised to submit medical school applications early in the admissions process, preferably during the summer months.

Baylor also allows students who have already started school there to apply to join the MSTP later. This could be an option if you end up accepted to their regular MD program M.D./Ph.D. Program Admissions

@wysdoc Do you know how Baylor's post-II decisions will change now that they are a part of TMDSAS? Asking with respect to timeline and potentially ratio of OOS accepted. I know that previously they were part of AMCAS which meant they did not have pre-match. Question coming from a nonTexas applicant

@wysdoc Do you know how Baylor's post-II decisions will change now that they are a part of TMDSAS? Asking with respect to timeline and potentially ratio of OOS accepted. I know that previously they were part of AMCAS which meant they did not have pre-match. Question coming from a nonTexas applicant
They will be able offer pre-match offers to Texans, and offers to OOS on a rolling basis starting Oct. 15th.
As you know, OOS applicants are not part of our Match day process.
Baylor said they will probably have about 20% OOS in their class. This will be their first TMDSAS year so I won’t try to predict when they might send out their first offers.

Last edited:
Baylor includes MD/PhDs in their OOS counts, i.e., many are OOS but they are counted as part of their overall OOS counts thus inflating OOS numbers.

IS II recently! LM ~75 Complete late July.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea where to send the thank you emails after your interview at Baylor? is it directly to the interviewers or is there a specific email?

Does anyone have any idea where to send the thank you emails after your interview at Baylor? is it directly to the interviewers or is there a specific email?
They gave us an email during interview day to send thank you emails to. Tbh tho when I tried it it didn't work so I just sent thank you emails to their emails found on BCM's website. Got a short response back and didn't seem to be an issue. But if you want to be safe send to the email they gave us during interview day.

They gave us an email during interview day to send thank you emails to. Tbh tho when I tried it it didn't work so I just sent thank you emails to their emails found on BCM's website. Got a short response back and didn't seem to be an issue. But if you want to be safe send to the email they gave us during interview day.
was that the ms-interviews@bcm one? cause I remember they gave that one but part of me felt like I just got the wrong one lol

was that the ms-interviews@bcm one? cause I remember they gave that one but part of me felt like I just got the wrong one lol
That's the one I used and it didn't work lol. But if you also felt it was wrong then who knows haha.

That's the one I used and it didn't work lol. But if you also felt it was wrong then who knows haha.
how did it not work for you? I sent my emails to it and they delivered but how did you know it did not work?

how did it not work for you? I sent my emails to it and they delivered but how did you know it did not work?
Oh really? I got an email back saying the address I sent to was not functional or something along those lines. Maybe I typed it in wrong.

They told me not to directly send emails to the interviewers, and instead send them to the interview email they give to you.