2021-2022 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was emailed by the Carle admissions office and they connected me directly with individuals (and not the office email) from the Office of Student Financial Aid. If you haven't received a response, you could try that route.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else feeling like the admissions is done with the first round of acceptances? I’m thinking people are just not active on this thread (compared to other threads & previous years). I mean if we haven’t heard back by this point, should we be assuming WL or R? I feel like most folks just didn’t post here when they got accepted.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else feeling like the admissions is done with the first round of acceptances? I’m thinking people are just not active on this thread (compared to other threads & previous years). I mean if we haven’t heard back by this point, should we be assuming WL or R? I feel like most folks just didn’t post here when they got accepted.
:(

Members don't see this ad :)
hard deadline is March 15? Guess we gotta keep our heads up until then!
Not necessarily. If their class size is 64, they must have released 64 acceptances at this point. They can continue to release them as they wish afterward.

Reactions: 1 users

If this is the case and they have sent out the first round of acceptances then I feel they should at least update everyone on their statuses. I’d rather be told I’m on a waitlist than be stuck in limbo.

• Sad
If this is the case and they have sent out the first round of acceptances then I feel they should at least update everyone on their statuses. I’d rather be told I’m on a waitlist than be stuck in limbo.
Per AAMC Traffic Rules, they have until March 15 to distribute a full class worth of A’s.

By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS.

Reactions: 1 user
Apparently the last finalist subcommittee meeting is this week

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Where is the person with the left pinky toe that is accurate 40% of the time? Do you have any updates for us?

Members don't see this ad :)
Its the last Wednesday before March 15th :)
I emailed them and they confirmed that they're wrapping up the finalist subcommittee meeting this week, and will release decision for everyone in the next few weeks.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted today, but withdrew myself from consideration. Good luck to those still interested in Carle :)

I also got waitlisted. I didn’t get an email, I just checked my status page.

Went to my application - clicked on my app -- opened it and is says status update -- Waitlist- no email

Accepted just now!! Received email to check for status update!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got an email with a status update and was waitlisted.

Received email to check portal earlier today, post showcase rejection.

Waitlisted as well! Does anyone know how much the waitlist moves? Any relevant insights are welcome

Waitlisted as well! Does anyone know how much the waitlist moves? Any relevant insights are welcome
Looks like a lot of people got off WL last year from the thread -- First one reported on SDN was on April 2, last one was on Mary 28th I am hopeful!

Reactions: 2 users
Oh cool, caught the post-showcase R. Thankfully I've found some other schools I'm happy to attend instead 😢

Looks like a lot of people got off WL last year from the thread -- First one reported on SDN was on April 2, last one was on Mary 28th I am hopeful!
In earlier years a few have gotten off as late as June if I recall. It seems like 2019-2020 was the exception since no one seemed to get off the wait-list.

In earlier years a few have gotten off as late as June if I recall. It seems like 2019-2020 was the exception since no one seemed to get off the wait-list.
I think this is because they take the "not planning to enroll" very seriously. Most schools I am waitlisted at will rarely have someone get off the waitlist until April 30th

Just saw an A in the portal, will be declining. Best of luck to everyone, this is a fantastic school.

Does anyone know if they accept post-waitlist letters of intent?

Does anyone know what the class schedule looks like for Summer/Fall? Where can we find this information?