2021-2022 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received financial aid packages from RFU yet? Scholarships and/or loan info?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Happy for everyone getting off the waitlist here, but can’t help but feel bad that I’m still on it :(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Happy for everyone getting off the waitlist here, but can’t help but feel bad that I’m still on it :(
There was a lot of movement last year all the way into late July. It should start picking up soon. I’m on the WL as well. Don’t fret! It’s still early.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the alt list today! This is my only acceptance and only WL of the cycle. I am beyond happy right now.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
How do you apply for
2022-2023 RFU Financial Aid Application
"The RFU Financial Aid Application is now available and will be emailed to students’ RFU email address. The Financial Aid Office will email you if any additional information is needed. Go to the Self-Serviceportal and login with your HelixNet ID and password. Navigate to Financial Aid, and review your Missing Items Checklist. Please respond timely to any requests for additional information. You will not be awarded until your financial aid file is completed."
I don't have an RFU email address and I have no idea what my HelixNet ID is.

Reactions: 2 users
Also accepted off the waitlist on 4/16!

My only A among 4 waitlists at the time. Super excited for school! Working full-time kinda sucks! lol

Reactions: 9 users
How do you apply for
2022-2023 RFU Financial Aid Application
"The RFU Financial Aid Application is now available and will be emailed to students’ RFU email address. The Financial Aid Office will email you if any additional information is needed. Go to the Self-Serviceportal and login with your HelixNet ID and password. Navigate to Financial Aid, and review your Missing Items Checklist. Please respond timely to any requests for additional information. You will not be awarded until your financial aid file is completed."
I don't have an RFU email address and I have no idea what my HelixNet ID is.
Supposedly we should be receiving HelixNet information relatively soon by email

Just got accepted off the waitlist! Put on waitlist on 12/10

Is anyone else getting a bunch of emails to apply for their BMS program after they were rejected from their MD program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a FA offer yet? Waiting to see if I get an offer before I withdraw :'(

Got accepted from the WL this morning around 9:15 AM! I'm literally over the moon. This day seemed so out of reach and I can't believe it's actually happening.

I interviewed 2/1 and got on the WL 3/3.

Best of luck to you all!!

Reactions: 8 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist!

Reactions: 6 users
Y'all get that on Amazon? I would like that as well

• Haha
Wow, WL movement coming in hot lol.

Reactions: 1 users
so if we got accepted and it says 15 days, but we have another acceptance, CYMS PTE is May 2. Do we need to decide before May 2 regardless of the 2 weeks?

Why does it feel like there's 500 of us on this waitlist :/
I heard it’s usually a pretty large waitlist. I wish they’d report it. I know we’re all neurotic enough already, but more information would be a good thing. Hard to know how much emotional energy to allocate to something like this when you’re completely in the dark.

Reactions: 2 users
so if we got accepted and it says 15 days, but we have another acceptance, CYMS PTE is May 2. Do we need to decide before May 2 regardless of the 2 weeks?
I do not think RFU requires the use of the PTE tool. So it should still be 2 weeks but I would confirm.

I heard it’s usually a pretty large waitlist. I wish they’d report it. I know we’re all neurotic enough already, but more information would be a good thing. Hard to know how much emotional energy to allocate to something like this when you’re completely in the dark.
so incredibly well said lol

Is it still considered early for waitlist movement? Or should we slowly start to give up hope?

Is it still considered early for waitlist movement? Or should we slowly start to give up hope?
Movement won’t happen in earnest until after the 30th when students have to commit to schools. Then a ton of waitlist spots will open at all schools that were being held by students with multiple acceptances. Last year there was movement for about a week or so. I wouldn’t give up hope until mid May. Things can still happen!

Movement won’t happen in earnest until after the 30th when students have to commit to schools. Then a ton of waitlist spots will open at all schools that were being held by students with multiple acceptances. Last year there was movement for about a week or so. I wouldn’t give up hope until mid May. Things can still happen!
Hmm… what do you mean by there was movement for about a week or so last year?

Hmm… what do you mean by there was movement for about a week or so last year?
I mean there was mass movement last year for about a week after the 30th deadline. People were being accepted off the waitlist the whole month though. The bulk of the movement looks like it died down mid month. Hard to tell how many were actually accepted though since there are so few SDN members represented. So there is still time.

Also, to add to what gaze13 said. Movement last year went all the way through June and late July. There’s always a chance.

Also, to add to what gaze13 said. Movement last year went all the way through June and late July. There’s always a chance.
I’m starting my personal statement and secondary essays now for reapplication. I’ll be so happy to have wasted my time redoing them if I get an acceptance some time this month.

Withdrew my acceptance, I hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
I also just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to all of you

• Care
What if my other school has a PTE deadline? How does any of this work? 😭
So according to this thread…. Apparently you still get your two weeks. BUT THIS ISNT VERIFIED. Just SDN talk. It is @KnightDoc so maybe they have some evidence. @KnightDoc what is your source for this?

Not if you received a second acceptance between 4/18 and today. While ALL dates are set by schools, not AAMC, which only offers suggestions, the suggestion most schools follow is that applicants receive a minimum of two weeks to respond to acceptances issued on or before 4/30.

As a result, just like with an acceptance received off a WL, you can hold any acceptances received after 4/18 for a minimum of two weeks IN ADDITION TO the one acceptance you are holding from all of the acceptances you received before 4/18.

Basically, schools cannot see acceptances; they can only see PTE elections. You can hold any acceptance received after 4/18, in addition to the PTE selection you have made, until the new school requires you to make a PTE election. Just like an acceptance received off a WL! :)

So according to this thread…. Apparently you still get your two weeks. BUT THIS ISNT VERIFIED. Just SDN talk. It is @KnightDoc so maybe they have some evidence. @KnightDoc what is your source for this?
My source for what? The fact that the person I was responding to said their school gave them two weeks on 4/27, or that the AAMC protocols call for all schools to give applicants a minimum of two weeks to respond to an acceptance made on or before April 30th? Or the fact that nothing matters except what each school requires, since they are all free to set their own rules? Or the fact that no school can see ANYTHING, other than PTE/CTE selections, and, even then only on and after 5/2?

What if my other school has a PTE deadline? How does any of this work? 😭
You need to meet each school's deadline. My advice would be to get an extension from the school you waiting for information from, while meeting the other school's PTE deadline.

If they refuse, you'll have a choice to make. But asking the school with the deadline for an extension so you can wait for someone else's FA who will not give you an extension probably will not go over too well!

My source for what? The fact that the person I was responding to said their school gave them two weeks on 4/27, or that the AAMC protocols call for all schools to give applicants a minimum of two weeks to respond to an acceptance made on or before April 30th? Or the fact that nothing matters except what each school requires, since they are all free to set their own rules? Or the fact that no school can see ANYTHING, other than PTE/CTE selections, and, even then only on and after 5/2?
If someone gets an offer 4/27, and has 2 weeks but has another school acceptance with a PTE deadline of 5/2. Does the 2 week traffic guideline supersede PTE rules of dropping all acceptances but 1?

If someone gets an offer 4/27, and has 2 weeks but has another school acceptance with a PTE deadline of 5/2. Does the 2 week traffic guideline supersede PTE rules of dropping all acceptances but 1?
No. This is the where there is a disconnect in your understanding. There is no "superseding" or anything else, because there is no uniform rule. Just guidelines that schools are free to adopt, ignore, or modify.

For example, School A is the school that issued an A months ago. It expects the applicant to either PTE or withdraw by 5/2. School B just issued an A on 4/27. It is following the guidelines and has therefore set a deadline of 5/11 for the applicant to either PTE or withdraw. Today, neither school can see anything. On 5/2, both schools will be able to see what the applicant has done.

The applicant will need to select PTE at School A by 5/2 in order to meet its deadline. School B will see this, but will not have a problem with it because it has given the applicant until 5/11 to decide what to do. School A will not see the School B A, since the applicant has not done anything with it.

School A cannot dictate deadlines set by other schools. The expectation that people drop to one A, by any date, is only enforced through schools' ability to run reports that show whether or not their A and WL applicants have selected PTE/CTE at their school or at another school, their requirement that applicants do so, and applicants' ability to only select one school at a time.

This is the only mechanism to enforce that people only hold one A after 5/2. It does not apply to anyone holding an A at a school that does not require the use of PTE/CTE and that doesn't care whether or not its accepted candidates have made a selection elsewhere. (Very few, if any, schools fall into this category, but it's possible, since enforcement is at the school level, not AAMC.) It also does not apply to any acceptances from a WL, until the deadline set by a school (typically one week on or after 5/2) to make a decision. Same thing for any new As without a pit stop on the WL, where the school has set a decision deadline after 5/2.

Can someone confirm? Does RFU use PTE? I am still undecided with FA
I did speak with financial aid regarding this before I withdrew my application. Internal scholarships from RFU are only offered with your acceptance letter; therefore, if you didn’t receive any scholarships in your acceptance letter, you will not receive a scholarship from RFU in the financial aid statement, only loans.

• Sad