2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow! Hoping to catch onto this waitlist movement train - I wish they gave us some type of info on where we lie on the waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
How does one withdraw their acceptance? I'm having trouble figuring out how to do so

Members don't see this ad :)
How does one withdraw their acceptance? I'm having trouble figuring out how to do so

If there's not an option in the application portal, you could try emailing their admissions office to withdraw your acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when they send financial aid packages? Do they offer any scholarships?

Also looking to withdraw myself from consideration but I'm part of the alternate list. I don't think there's an option.
You could email directly and say that you no longer want to be an alternate, if there isn't an appropriate spot on the portal.

To all of you preemptively withdrawing your acceptances or waitlist spots, THANK YOU!!!

Reactions: 15 users
Accepted off waitlist today! But will probably be withdrawing.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Got placed on alternate list a while back, and I got accepted today. (I thought I had declined the alternate list). I will be withdrawing the A!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist today! Was waitlisted back in November

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
For students who got in off the waitlist recently, did you get an extended PTE timeline? Is it still April 30th? I saw from last year's forum that they accepted people leading up to the commit date and I was wonder if people got in off the waitlist, say April 29th, if they only had until the 30th the decide.

To anyone who did the Virtual Tour/Q&A Session, what time of the day was it at/how long did it last?

To anyone who did the Virtual Tour/Q&A Session, what time of the day was it at/how long did it last?
the one I went to either started at 4pm or 5 pm I can't remember which. It lasted around 80 - 90 minutes

Did anyone go to the last Admitted students visit day? How was it/was it useful? Debating whether or not to go to the next one this weekend
I thought it was helpful to meet some of the faculty and current students. It was hard for me to imagine going to this school prior to the admitted students day because we did not have the opportunity to meet anyone during the VITA interview process.

Received an acceptance today! Only have 2 weeks to submit a deposit, but I feel like I know virtually nothing about this school. I haven't met anyone during the interview process, and I haven't seen any presentations about the school. Do any of you know of any presentations/meetings they will be hosting soon?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Received an acceptance today! Only have 2 weeks to submit a deposit, but I feel like I know virtually nothing about this school. I haven't met anyone during the interview process, and I haven't seen any presentations about the school. Do any of you know of any presentations/meetings they will be hosting soon?

There's an admitted students virtual day starting at 9 AM Central tomorrow morning! You might have a link in your portal to it.

Congratulations!!! Did you get accepted post-interview or off the waitlist?

Just withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you. Best of luck!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Will be withdrawing my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Hey my roomie just got an email requesting a background check from RFUMS, he is on the WL currently, is this a likely sign for the A?

Should he? We are all just sitting around the computer spamming refresh on his email lol.
Just check the portal. I'm sure there is some type of delay from when they update things to when it actually sends the email.

For those on the WL, at what point is it game over? I assume not many people are going to get pulled off of the WL after April 30.

For those on the WL, at what point is it game over? I assume not many people are going to get pulled off of the WL after April 30.
actually, most wl movement usually happens after April 30 since that's the deadline for people with multiple acceptances to "plan to enroll" at one school and drop their other acceptances. Since those with multiple acceptances will have to drop their other acceptances, that leaves room for wl movement!

Reactions: 1 users
actually, most wl movement usually happens after April 30 since that's the deadline for people with multiple acceptances to "plan to enroll" at one school and drop their other acceptances. Since those with multiple acceptances will have to drop their other acceptances, that leaves room for wl movement!
How long after April 30 until movement stops? I assume everyone getting off of the WL is going to accept and those remaining spots are going to go pretty quickly.

How long after April 30 until movement stops? I assume everyone getting off of the WL is going to accept and those remaining spots are going to go pretty quickly.
So you have to remember that there is a trickle effect. There might be people who pick RFU on 4/30, but are on WL at a school they might prefer, maybe their state school that is 5 min from their house for example. If they get pulled off that WL then they would have to drop the A at RFU for the other school. So movement can happen up until classes start, but I think that realistically if it's June and you have not been given the A you should really think about what your next steps are if you have not already started doing that.

Reactions: 1 users
My ambassador told me she didn’t get accepted until second week of July! I agree most waitlist movement happens in May/June. Hang in there!!

Reactions: 4 users
Not even the deadline. They can’t commit before April 30. Deadline is in July

most movement happens in may, some june, very little afterwards

I just withdrew my A here. Best of luck to everyone on the WL here!

Reactions: 10 users