2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have decisions come out for those who submitted VITA in January? Or Any news?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
8A34A982-3C63-4A30-ABE2-895EFA8D7BD3.jpeg

So like what's the deal with this email? Sent to a fellow applicant completely out of context- pulled from r/premed.

around how long did it take you guys to get a decision back?
I'm expecting to hear back between April 15th-April 30th. March 15th was the date that schools had to send their acceptances for all their available seats. There will likely be a lot of waitlist movement in April and May.

I'm expecting to hear back between April 15th-April 30th. March 15th was the date that schools had to send their acceptances for all their available seats. There will likely be a lot of waitlist movement in April and May.
so does that mean that if I haven’t heard back after sending my vita last month I’m probably on waitlist lol

so does that mean that if I haven’t heard back after sending my vita last month I’m probably on waitlist lol
I can't give a definitive answer. I'm really speculating. I would say they probably haven't voted on your application yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the virtual tour and connect with a student ambassador email!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted VITA in late feb and adcom said they are hopeful to release decisions by end of March.

Just withdrew from the WL, good luck to you all! <3

Reactions: 6 users
alternate listed... again.. 509 MCAT, 3.9 GPA OOS sigh :( 3rd waitlist FML

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
How accurate is the "we view applicants on the alternate list as having a strong chance to gain admission"?

Has anyone tried calculating the match rate here? Looking at the official list from this year, I speculate that it's upper 90s-100% as there were around 190 matches and the classes are around that size.

Wondering the same thing!
I would say RFU has decent waitlist movement. If you look on MSAR, the accepted MCAT/GPA differs from the matriculated MCAT/GPA (513/3.74 vs 512/3.66). I think this signifies that a lot of accepted students might end up getting offers at other schools and turn down their spot.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone actually received a post II rejection on here? I swear literally everyone has been placed on the alternate list.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone tried calculating the match rate here? Looking at the official list from this year, I speculate that it's upper 90s-100% as there were around 190 matches and the classes are around that size.
It's in the 90s. Def not 100%
But nobody outside of admin gets the real match % numbers because they do weird calculations with them.
The 190ish that matched this year includes a fairly sizeable number of folks from the class of 2020 who stayed back a year, either deliberately for research, or because they didn't match last year. We had 20-something folks from 2021 who decided pre-match to take a research year because of COVID/competitive goals. We also had somewhere between 30-40 people who SOAPed, and I know at least 3 who still ended up with nothing, plus a whole bunch who only have a prelim year lined up.
But the % will be calculated with just 2021 peeps who participated, and the number that had any slot on Friday, via Match or SOAP. So, at the end of the day, mid-to- upper 90's% matched. Which is a number that does not quantify or account for a lot of other factors.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when they send us the link for the virtual tour and info sessions after we register for a date? Also does anyone know if the times they list are central time?

Does anyone know when they send us the link for the virtual tour and info sessions after we register for a date? Also does anyone know if the times they list are central time?
Hi, I got my link about 3 days before the virtual tour and the times were listed in central time.

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who has already participated in the virtual tour- was this more formal or more casual of an event? Did you have your cameras on/ dress business formal? Thanks so much!

For anyone who has already participated in the virtual tour- was this more formal or more casual of an event? Did you have your cameras on/ dress business formal? Thanks so much!
It was pretty casual. Just a presentation by a current student and then a Q&A session.

Some people turned on their webcams but others didn't and it didn't seem to be an issue either way.

Reactions: 3 users
It was pretty casual. Just a presentation by a current student and then a Q&A session.

Some people turned on their webcams but others didn't and it didn't seem to be an issue either way.
Sorry to bother you, but do you mind if i ask how long it took? I have a commitment about 2 hours after it starts and am just wondering if i need to reschedule that.

Sorry to bother you, but do you mind if i ask how long it took? I have a commitment about 2 hours after it starts and am just wondering if i need to reschedule that.

You should be fine. It won't be longer than 2 hours, and if you need to leave early because it somehow goes longer, you can do so.

• Care
Withdrawing my acceptance here. Best of luck everbody!

Reactions: 10 users
Soo when are we hopeful for any sort of WL movement?

for my class (current M2), May 1st was the day movement started. Goes through July pretty much too.
Any idea of how many people were on the WL and how many people were taken off of it? Realize this may be impossible info to have on hand

Any idea of how many people were on the WL and how many people were taken off of it? Realize this may be impossible info to have on hand
I have no idea how many people end up on the waitlist. But a lot of people in my class were waitlisted before being accepted.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the WL an hour ago!!! Interviewed September, WL December.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Wow there is a lot of WL movement today. It sure seems early. Really hoping something happens for me soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing my A, hope it goes to one of you! Good luck :)

• Care
Reactions: 12 users