2022-2023 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @blackberries for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin) Secondary Essay Prompts

Applicants are asked to complete four optional essays to further inform our committee. Each essay answer should be no longer than 150 words.

1) Please specifically discuss how, if admitted to our program, your admission would contribute to the diversity of the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science community.

2) What creative/innovative ways have you found to continue to build upon the competencies for entering medical students during the pandemic?

3) Briefly share your plans for the upcoming academic year? Do you plan to work, conduct research, volunteer in a health care setting, participate in community service, attend school, travel, participate in leisure activities or other activities.

4) Has persistence ever paid off for you? Describe the situation.
Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody else heard anything back about secondaries yet? I personally haven't and I was thinking about maybe going to their drop-in Information Session next Thursday if nobody else has received anything just to ask about a possible timeframe. I don't know know if that sounds too pushy or anything, but I thought it could be helpful!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anybody else heard anything back about secondaries yet? I personally haven't and I was thinking about maybe going to their drop-in Information Session next Thursday if nobody else has received anything just to ask about a possible timeframe. I don't know know if that sounds too pushy or anything, but I thought it could be helpful!
I'm still waiting :( Please keep us updated if you do!

Reactions: 2 users
Looking at the threads from the last few years, it seems secondaries went out really early last year, but only went out July 15th the year before, so they are probably just taking their time again! Hopefully they come in the next week or so, but I’ll drop in to the advising if we don’t hear anything by next Thursday!

I don’t think they are sent out yet… but I’m planning to go to the info session tomorrow and ask about a timeline!

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you find out about info sessions / sign up for them?
It’s on their website under the apply tab! I was just looking on their website for info and I found it, so I signed up for the one tomorrow.

At the information session, they said they hope secondaries will go out later this week or by early next week (around Tuesday), but they are still working on finalizing them. They did say they should all go out at the same time to everyone, so hopefully they come soon! Hope this helps anybody else who was waiting

Reactions: 4 users
At the information session, they said they hope secondaries will go out later this week or by early next week (around Tuesday), but they are still working on finalizing them. They did say they should all go out at the same time to everyone, so hopefully they come soon! Hope this helps anybody else who was waiting
Thank you for the info! Do they screen?

Commenting to follow
Hi @binky23 - on SDN message boards, to follow a thread go up to the top and click the button that says "watch".
a notification shows up on the bell icon for you every time there's a new post in your watched threads.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi @binky23 - on SDN message boards, to follow a thread go up to the top and click the button that says "watch".
a notification shows up on the bell icon for you every time there's a new post in your watched threads.
Got it thank you, didn’t know

Just received OOS secondary.

Prompts: @chilly_md
Applicants are asked to complete four optional essays to further inform our committee. Each Essay answer should be no longer than 150 words.

1) Please specifically discuss how, if admitted to our program, your admission would contribute to the diversity of the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science community.

2) What creative/innovative ways have you found to continue to build upon the competencies for entering medical students during the pandemic?

3) Briefly share your plans for the upcoming academic year? Do you plan to work, conduct research, volunteer in a health care setting, participate in community service, attend school, travel, participate in leisure activities or other activities.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Applicants are asked to complete four optional essays to further inform our committee. Each Essay answer should be no longer than 150 words.

+1 I thought they were keeping the superhero one from last year. Shame I had a good one ready to go.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

@chilly_md

For the pandemic question, can we count activities up till 2022?

I'm assuming we should probably avoid topics like the MCAT for the persistence essay? Ughh I thought I was done having to come up with fresh secondary essays :(

I'm assuming we should probably avoid topics like the MCAT for the persistence essay? Ughh I thought I was done having to come up with fresh secondary essays :(

I was able to spin one of my challenge essays (since a lot of challenges definitely involved persistence!)

I was able to spin one of my challenge essays (since a lot of challenges definitely involved persistence!)
I did the same. I changed my challenge essay into a persistence one. If I'm being honest my challenge essay was really a persistence essay in disguise.

Why did they send me an email saying I still have time to submit the secondary when I literally received it 2 days ago lmao

For the question, "What creative/innovative ways have you found to continue to build upon the competencies as entering medical students during the pandemic?" what are they looking for in terms of being creative?

Why did they send me an email saying I still have time to submit the secondary when I literally received it 2 days ago lmao
I laughed at this so hard! I was like you were the last one I got so maybe don't rush me LOL.

For the question, "What creative/innovative ways have you found to continue to build upon the competencies as entering medical students during the pandemic?" what are they looking for in terms of being creative?
I am probably going to talk about asking my kids' pediatrician and my husband's doc to shadow/work at the clinic since it was so hard to find these opportunities and how these have benefited me (social skills, cultural competence, etc in the pre-professional competencies). And also talk about how I have utilized my current job to do a lot of scientific inquiry even though it isn't totally necessary.

This school's admissions process is a ****show. A few cycles ago, they sent mass rejections to hundreds of applicants because they didn't have time to read all of them

This school's admissions process is a ****show. A few cycles ago, they sent mass rejections to hundreds of applicants because they didn't have time to read all of them
they refunded all those whos applications they didn't read right?

Wow, I had no idea this even happened. Honestly may not send in a secondary if that's how they view their applicants. Extra $125 in my pocket lol
Same actually... wow. Just finished my essays so lets see what I decide lol.