2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the waitlist this morning! is there a FB group or groupme for admitted students?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just when I think there will be no more acceptances, someone gets off of the waitlist. This SURELY must be the last day for movement

Just when I think there will be no more acceptances, someone gets off of the waitlist. This SURELY must be the last day for movement
My ambassador didn’t get accepted until the second week of July last year. It’s not over until orientation.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been rejected post interview? I’m wondering if anyone knows the percent of people that make it off the waitlist.
There are some posts from people earlier on this thread where they were rejected. I don't know what % go to the WL and don't think that anyone other than the admissions office would have that info

Just got off the alternate list (11am EST)! But already have plans to attend another school, so I hope someone else gets this spot :)

3.51 cGPA, 3.26 sGPA, 3.7 SMP gpa, 518, ORM, OOS, September Vita invite, January Vita complete, WL February

Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew! Best of luck to you guys! I hope one of you gets off the waitlist!

OMG I got off the WL this morning at 830am PST. MCAT 509, GPA 3.9 grad GPA 3.66. OOS. literal first acceptance T.T

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Accepted off the waitlist this morning (523 MCAT, 3.64 GPA)

Did you guys above who got off the WL send a letter of intent?^^^

Members don't see this ad :)
Got off the waitlist this morning! VITA submitted in September, rejected in November. 514 MCAT, 3.99 GPA. Cutting off SDN helped a lot with the anxiety

Off the WL yesterday (6/8) at 9am CST! My first acceptance and I'm so relieved 😭

Undergrad cGPA 3.33, sGPA 3.11
Grad GPA 3.80, sGPA 3.89
MCAT 512
ORM, IS, reapplicant, secondary completed in July, VITA completed in September, and waitlisted in November.

Reactions: 7 users
Is there anyone who would be willing to chat with me about the secondary essay? I'm stuck on the interpretation of Q1 of the secondary and I'm not sure if what I have is good enough.

Thanks!

Got off the alternate list this morning!! Email notification around 9AM cst
3.5 GPA, 3.7 GPA masters, 516 MCAT
ORM, IS
Secondary completed August, VITA September, waitlisted November.

Got off the alternate list this morning!! Email notification around 9AM cst
3.5 GPA, 3.7 GPA masters, 516 MCAT
ORM, IS
Secondary completed August, VITA September, waitlisted November.
Did you did your Master from RFU

Accepted off the alternate list this morning!! Completed VITA in October, waitlisted in December. ORM, IS, 3.68 GPA, 510 MCAT. First acceptance this cycle 😭

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted off the alternate list this morning!! Completed VITA in October, waitlisted in December. ORM, IS, 3.68 GPA, 510 MCAT. First acceptance this cycle 😭
Congratulations! You must be very excited. Are you still on other waitlists? Were your EC's and other elements of your application pretty strong?

Just as I give up hope and my fingers start to uncross, I see another person getting off of the waitlist. Fingers are crossed again!

Congratulations! You must be very excited. Are you still on other waitlists? Were your EC's and other elements of your application pretty strong?
Thank you!
Not on any other waitlists. And as for ECs, I think so?

Anyone accepted know the current class size? Facebook page is at 191/189…does that mean it’s over for waitlist people?
It's not over for waitlist...
ACCEPTED this morning at 10:23am CST. Interviewed September, waitlisted November. IS, ORM.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Individual Letters refers to letters authored by, and representing a single letter writer. If you choose to submit three individual letters, we prefer (but do not require) at least one recommendation to come from a healthcare professional (not necessarily an MD) with whom you have worked.

How did you guys go about obtaining this preferred letter? Is it a disadvantage to not have a healthcare professional? I can arguably get one from my volunteer department but it won't be strong.

Anyone remember the CTE date? I tried looking on their website, but it's been updated to the next cycle.

Anyone else got an email from Rosalind Franklin about their BMS program? They offered me an almost $20k scholarship so I am paying $30k and Zackary called me today and see if I am interested in the program. I don't know if this is common practice for them to do this for people on an alternative list. I got super excited when caller ID said Rosalind Franklin and now I guess I am accepting the fact that they are not taking me off the alternate list lol

Last edited:
Anyone else got an email from Rosalind Franklin about their BMS program? They offered me an almost $20k scholarship so I am paying $30k and Zackary called me today and see if I am interested in the program. I don't know if this is common practice for them to do this for people on an alternative list. I got super excited when caller ID said Rosalind Franklin and now I guess I am accepting the fact that they are not taking me off the alternate list lol
I also got an email about direct admission into the program. Seems like a money grab as I'm sure the class is full now and there will be minimal movement from now on.

Just withdrew my spot today! I really hope it goes to one of you! :)

I got baited by the "You have received direct acceptance" header in the email so hard 😭

• Care
JUST GOT IN! mcat 511, GPA 3.8. Good luck to everyone who still reads this page!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
So I made a very specific cosmic deal with the universe to get into this school that was set to expire on August 1. On Monday I decided that there is no way anyone else is getting off of the waitlist now so I went back on that deal. Low and behold...this is why you never break your cosmic deals with the universe.

Any updates from anyone?? Should I lose all hope?
I wouldn't count on any more acceptances coming out. The last wave of acceptances were due to people who didn't lock-in the CTE deadline, and orientation is scheduled to start in about 2 weeks.

Hey y'all. I haven't read this thread at all.

I'm a current M4 at CMS and it would be pretty hard for them to keep me from graduating at this point. Gonna tag @kraskadva for the same reason.

If you have any questions about going here, I'll give you the no BS answer. I think she will too.

Just throwing this out there. Good luck this cycle everyone.
Hello! I was just wondering if I could ask you some questions about CMS? I am a 2021-2022 cycle applicant and I have been accepted to several schools including CMs. I have been looking for soemone who went there to answer my questions since I am seriously considering the school. It wont let me send you a private message. please let me know if you have some time for questions, tia!

Hello! I was just wondering if I could ask you some questions about CMS? I am a 2021-2022 cycle applicant and I have been accepted to several schools including CMs. I have been looking for soemone who went there to answer my questions since I am seriously considering the school. It wont let me send you a private message. please let me know if you have some time for questions, tia!

Sent you a PM