2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got off the WL! Interviewed September, WL in January. Now does anyone have advice on deciding between RF or Southern Illinois? Should the big cost difference deter me?
RF will be more costly because it is near city and 3 & 4 years is in city boarding & house will be more

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the WL! Interviewed September, WL in January. Now does anyone have advice on deciding between RF or Southern Illinois? Should the big cost difference deter me?
A close family friend attended RFU and loved it! Being in a bigger city and a medical hub would be great for rotations and matching for residency! Also RFU a larger class with more opportunity for peer diversity!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! I suggest you move the question to the X vs Y comparison threads and provide the pros and cons you have for each program to get the best answer to your questions.

Submitted my request to withdraw my application from consideration today. Good luck all!

Reactions: 4 users
Got off the waitlist today!!! I'm finally gonna be a doctor 😭 🙏 I know there's a FB page but is there also a groupme or anything for admitted students?

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Got off the waitlist today!!! I'm finally gonna be a doctor 😭 🙏 I know there's a FB page but is there also a groupme or anything for admitted students?
The ADCOM will send you an email to join the FB group once you make the initial deposit if you choose to do so and there is a link to join the GroupMe in the FB group! Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
If I sign the declaration of intent and put the deposit down, will I automatically lose my other waitlists or will I still have those?

If I sign the declaration of intent and put the deposit down, will I automatically lose my other waitlists or will I still have those?
Good question, I was under the impression that you would lose other waitlist spots but I am not entirely sure.

Good question, I was under the impression that you would lose other waitlist spots but I am not entirely sure.
I'm not sure what the document says I have not been accepted. Is there a specific line that you could copy and paste then post that makes you think you need to withdraw?

I was under the assumption that the CTE date was in July so if this doc is to just accept the A and not an additional doc, my initial guess would be NO.

I looked carefully at the wording of the intent document and my understanding was that we could remain on other waitlists. If you selected commit to enroll on the amcas tool then you would actually be committed. But, their document I do not believe is binding. Can anyone confirm this 100%?

Reactions: 1 users
I looked carefully at the wording of the intent document and my understanding was that we could remain on other waitlists. If you selected commit to enroll on the amcas tool then you would actually be committed. But, their document I do not believe is binding. Can anyone confirm this 100%?
There is "plan to enroll" and "commit to enroll" you can hold waitlist spots with "Plan" you are obligated to remove your other spots once you "Commit".

Are there any internal scholarships awarded at this school? The cost of attendance is making my heart hurt.

Does anyone know at what point we should start giving up on WL movements? Still haven't heard anything :(

Does anyone know at what point we should start giving up on WL movements? Still haven't heard anything :(
I’m in the same boat, I think I’m going to hold on at least a little bit longer 🤞🏼 There seems to be good movement here

Interviewed in october, waitlisted in January, and just got accepted! Will be withdrawing so hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
I emailed ADCOM about this and they said signing the intent to enroll and putting the deposit is not binding, i.e. you can still withdraw. Commit to Enroll deadline is July 21

anyone else receive zero communication throughout this whole cycle? At least reject me. I doubt they even looked at my app. Not like they had too much on their plate with using only VITA

Accepted off the WL 5/13. I can't tell if this is some sick joke or not. I completely bombed the VITA interview.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Not sure if I bombed my VITA or my CASPer or both. I completed my VITA in early September and was waitlisted in November. I would have thought that I would have had a decent change getting off of the waitlist but it seems that was not the case. Really hoping that I will have more luck with my 2022 application.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if I bombed my VITA or my CASPer or both. I completed my VITA in early September and was waitlisted in November. I would have thought that I would have had a decent change getting off of the waitlist but it seems that was not the case. Really hoping that I will have more luck with my 2022 application.
I am in the same boat. Also had VITA in September, waitlisted in November. This has definitely been a discouraging cycle, but let's keep our heads up for the future!

Well this thread has been silent lately. Any one got news? Here I will start. Today I made some delicious tacos with ground beef, brown rice, black beans, cabbage, store bought salsa, and store bought guac.

Please feel free to share your meals.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
hey y'all, got accepted off the waitlist this thursday around 6:45pm EDT. Probably going to be turning it down; but have 5 days to make a final call. just wanted to spread some positivity and love; waitlist movement is still happening, and I'll likely give up my spot, so here's to hoping it goes out to one of you amazing people <3

Hi everyone! Was wondering what everyones stats were that either got an A or WL? Looking at reapplying next year

Hi everyone! Was wondering what everyones stats were that either got an A or WL? Looking at reapplying next year
I am also reapplying this year. 513 MCAT, 3.56 GPA and 3.34 sGPA from a top 10 uni, ORM. Interviewed Sep and WL Nov.

Accepted off the waitlist this morning! Interviewed in November, WL in January.
3.65 GPA, 515 MCAT, ORM OOS

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
hey y'all, got accepted off the waitlist this thursday around 6:45pm EDT. Probably going to be turning it down; but have 5 days to make a final call. just wanted to spread some positivity and love; waitlist movement is still happening, and I'll likely give up my spot, so here's to hoping it goes out to one of you amazing people <3
what is stat

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday afternoon! Interviewed mid-October, WL February.
GPA 3.8, MCAT 517, ORM OOS

Im shocked at how high of stats people have who are still being pulled from the waitlist….

Im 3.9, 510, IS, ORM and sitting on the waitlist still

Withdrawing my A here. OOS. Wish everyone the best of luck. This is a savage process.

Does RFU do drug screening for incoming 1st years?
No, but you will get drug screened (urine, standard 10 panel) at the end of M2 before starting clinicals, so don't get too baked during dedicated.

• Haha
Hoping this week could see some more WL movement.. been on it since December.

Accepted this morning 5/26 at 9:25AM CST

3.92 cGPA, 3.88 sGPA, 510, ORM, IS, October Vita invite, December Vita complete, WL February

Reactions: 6 users
Good to see that there is still some movement, but based on the serious jump in stats of those getting off of the waitlist now, there is no way I am making it off. Hopefully we hear more good news from those also on the waitlist.

Also got off the waitlist this morning 3.75/3.7, 517. Waitlisted early November

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted this morning 5/26 at 9:25AM CST

3.92 cGPA, 3.88 sGPA, 510, ORM, IS, October Vita invite, December Vita complete, WL February
Congratulations, RFU is an outstanding school in a prime medical hub of Chicago!

RFU finally got around to rejecting me today after not hearing anything from them since submitting my secondary in July of 2020 :lol:

• Care