2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, would you mind letting us know when your were waitlisted?
I interviewed in October, they took 4 months to get back to me... they waitlisted me in February, then accepted two days ago 4/28.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance last night -- best of luck to everyone waiting on an A!

Reactions: 11 users
I withdrew my acceptance here about a week ago but it still shows up in the AMCAS tool. is that the same for everyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rosalind Franklin is an incredible medical school! With 16,000 applications to make the waitlist is an incredible accomplishment. There is a lot of waitlist movement, with another batch of acceptances sent today. Some in receipt may have attended RFU if they were accepted earlier in the cycle, but if they have another acceptance now may decline admission. With an average 511 MCAT for admissions, they are selective stats: (517, 3.8 GPA). Hang in there, remain hopeful. What is the email address for ADCOM, or how to decline in the RFU portal. anyone know?

Is there a withdraw button or do I have to email to withdraw my acceptance? I can't seem to find it on the portal.

Rosalind Franklin is an incredible medical school! With 16,000 applications to make the waitlist is an incredible accomplishment. There is a lot of waitlist movement, with another batch of acceptances sent today. Some in receipt may have attended RFU if they were accepted earlier in the cycle, but if they have another acceptance now may decline admission. With an average 511 MCAT for admissions, they are selective stats: (517, 3.8 GPA). Hang in there, remain hopeful. What is the email address for ADCOM, or how to decline in the RFU portal. anyone know?

Their admissions email is [email protected]

OK ACTUALLY, second roommate got home from work and also got in off the waitlist as well so 2/3rds of this apartment will be at RFU next year haha

Reactions: 5 users
OK ACTUALLY, second roommate got home from work and also got in off the waitlist as well so 2/3rds of this apartment will be at RFU next year haha
Goddamn I feel like that apartment radiates good luck 😂

also are notifications of acceptances off wl from letter or email or call?

Members don't see this ad :)
A little late to mention it, but I withdrew my acceptance from here this week!

Best of luck to all you future doctors!

Accepted off WL today! “Interviewed”early September, WL’d November

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
So is RF only taking enough people off of the WL right now to have filled the class? Does that mean to get an A now will require someone with an A at RF to get off of the WL somewhere else and withdraw from RF for them to send out any more As since everyone with more than one acceptance would have had to decide on only one by now?

So is RF only taking enough people off of the WL right now to have filled the class? Does that mean to get an A now will require someone with an A at RF to get off of the WL somewhere else and withdraw from RF for them to send out any more As since everyone with more than one acceptance would have had to decide on only one by now?
Yes. Which will still happen a good amount.

Reactions: 1 user
Welp AMCAS for 2021-2022 opened. Time to reapply :/ Not too optimistic about getting off waitlist

Reactions: 3 users
I withdrew my application about a week ago and it still shows up on my portal.... is everyone else having the same issue?

If you emailed admission, they probably know that you withdrew. Try emailing admission again just to confirm? Maybe they are not bothering to change it
I withdrew my application about a week ago and it still shows up on my portal.... is everyone else having the same issue?

I’m wondering how accurate them saying people on the waitlist have a “strong likelihood” of gaining admission is. Statistically, if they have ~190 seats, being a lower yield school they should give out around 600 As, and they interview less than 800 people, so it sounds right, but I know a lot of people including myself are waiting to get off the WL

Does anyone have an idea of how big the waitlist is? Like of the ~800 interviewees how many are rejected post II?

I’m wondering how accurate them saying people on the waitlist have a “strong likelihood” of gaining admission is. Statistically, if they have ~190 seats, being a lower yield school they should give out around 600 As, and they interview less than 800 people, so it sounds right, but I know a lot of people including myself are waiting to get off the WL
How do we know they interviewed less than 800? MSAR?

Does anyone know about financial aid at this school? How often are scholarships awarded to accepted students? Cost of attendance is sooo steep.

Accepted just now. Interviewed Oct. WL November

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just withdrew my application this morning. Hopefully this opens up another acceptance to one of y'all. Good luck!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just got off the waitlist! Interviewed in September and WL'd in Dec

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Also got in off WL this morning, VITA feb WL mid March OOS LM 73.2

• Love
Just got off the WL! Interviewed September, WL in January. Now does anyone have advice on deciding between RF or Southern Illinois? Should the big cost difference deter me?

Just got off the WL! Interviewed September, WL in January. Now does anyone have advice on deciding between RF or Southern Illinois? Should the big cost difference deter me?
Did u just get the email?? Omg! Congratulations!!

• Care