You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Drexel
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sorry I don’t post statsdepends on ur KD bro
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do we send thank you letters to our interviewers? I was unable to find the email of mine online?
CosmicClev1
Full Member
Has anyone been placed on hold and then received an II later so far in this cycle? Or should someone on hold just assume they're basically done?
The consensus is that people DO receive IIs from the hold list, although we don't know what percentage that is exactly. It's likely not the majority of people on hold.Has anyone been placed on hold and then received an II later so far in this cycle? Or should someone on hold just assume they're basically done?
Anyone else complete July still here nothing? Starting to think they forgot to send me a hold
Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this has been asked already but I just wanted to confirm that there no longer is a writing sample during the interview?
Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this has been asked already but I just wanted to confirm that there no longer is a writing sample during the interview?
Hey! I didn’t have one on my interview day in October
Thank you!Hey! I didn’t have one on my interview day in October
bananamacaroon
Full Member
Me! I submitted 7/14.Anyone else complete July still here nothing? Starting to think they forgot to send me a hold
Drexel doesn't do silent Rs. They just get slammed with a ton of applications.complete 7/28, no communication , average stats, silent R? or II still possible?
If you haven't heard, it means they haven't gotten to you yet. Unlike most schools, they are not shy about sending out Hs or Rs once they review you if you are not receiving an immediate II.
Hello everyone! I'm interviewing with Drexel very soon. Any tips or suggestions for the interview? Thank you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
Very easy-going and conversational. Just be yourself!Hello everyone! I'm interviewing with Drexel very soon. Any tips or suggestions for the interview? Thank you
D
deleted1109233
The interview was very casual. I prepped for dozens of questions but it was really just the main ones that I got asked (why medicine, why doctor, why Drexel, etc.) Make sure you ask for the student and teacher's contact information at the end of each interview. The student interview was even more casual and was just random fun questions you can never prep for but you can practice for having those quirky/thinking on the fly questions if you want. Good luck!Hello everyone! I'm interviewing with Drexel very soon. Any tips or suggestions for the interview? Thank you
Pre-II hold today
When were you complete?
Early augustWhen were you complete?
Thank you so much for your insight!The interview was very casual. I prepped for dozens of questions but it was really just the main ones that I got asked (why medicine, why doctor, why Drexel, etc.) Make sure you ask for the student and teacher's contact information at the end of each interview. The student interview was even more casual and was just random fun questions you can never prep for but you can practice for having those quirky/thinking on the fly questions if you want. Good luck!
That was almost the majority of the interview for my group. Come with a lot of questions.For those of you that have interviewed, was there time to ask the student questions in your group student interview?
bsiddiqui0211
Full Member
Had mine this past monday. My interviewer was very picky about things but still very conversational (we both lived in same area and talked about food places) and let me explain things he may have found "concerning." The student interview was very fun and casual and would ask those like "if you were this what would you do" type of questions.Thank you so much for your insight!
Has anyone rescheduled an interview here? Were they pretty chill about it?
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
I rescheduled my interview like 24 hours before and tbh I never thought it'd be as easy as it was. Just call them and you'll be gucci!Has anyone rescheduled an interview here? Were they pretty chill about it?
Sorry if this has already been discussed. Does anyone have any insight into the process of being placed at either the Philadelphia campus or West Reading campus? Is this something that happens after acceptance? Do we have any choice?
On the interview day, they briefly talked about it as being lottery-based, but you will know well in advance of matriculation.Sorry if this has already been discussed. Does anyone have any insight into the process of being placed at either the Philadelphia campus or West Reading campus? Is this something that happens after acceptance? Do we have any choice?
Thanks! That’s very interesting. I wonder how many end up at West Reading. I also wonder if you would know before having to commit to the school.
brainperson1
Full Member
40 people at west readingThanks! That’s very interesting. I wonder how many end up at West Reading. I also wonder if you would know before having to commit to the school.
II 5 mins ago!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been moved off of pre-II hold yet?
Same here and was complete 7/14. I really do not believe they haven’t seen our app yet idk what’s going onIf we are not on a pre II hold or have not received an interview/rejection does that mean we just have not had our app reviewed yet? I was complete 7/31 for reference.
Last edited:
I don't find it hard to believe at all!Same here and was complete 7/14. I really do not believe they haven’t seen our app yet idk what’s going on
They receive over 13,000 applications, which is twice as many as many schools. It has been widely reported that they are giving out IIs, Rs AND Hs all over the place. What possible reason could they have for putting some people on some sort of a secret H or R?
Given the volume of apps they are dealing with, as well as how far into the spring they interview each year, I think it is highly probable that they haven't gotten to some apps yet,
Maybe they are in between on a hold or I or a reject or hold?I don't find it hard to believe at all!
They receive over 13,000 applications, which is twice as many as many schools. It has been widely reported that they are giving out IIs, Rs AND Hs all over the place. What possible reason could they have for putting some people on some sort of a secret H or R?
Given the volume of apps they are dealing with, as well as how far into the spring they interview each year, I think it is highly probable that they haven't gotten to some apps yet,
Idk two schools with 10000 + spots gave me interviews I know places work differently I just find it weird that we haven’t heard anything. Especially being completed early. It also makes me worried my app was lost. I just wanna know something even if it’s bad hahaMaybe they are in between on a hold or I or a reject or hold?
Well, literally, sure. If they are not constantly sending out e-mails, there will be a lag between when a decision is made and when it is communicated. That does not, however, explain a lag between July and December!Maybe they are in between on a hold or I or a reject or hold?
Many schools put people on silent Hs and then come back to them later. Drexel is one of the few schools that communicates Hs. As a result, other than a week or two lag between communications, you really have to assume you haven't been reviewed yet if you haven't heard. And that's not a terrible thing, since IIs went out as late as April last year.
That just means you were reviewed earlier there. Each school has its own method of stratifying applicants.Idk two schools with 10000 + spots gave me interviews I know places work differently I just find it weird that we haven’t heard anything. Especially being completed early. It also makes me worried my app was lost. I just wanna know something even if it’s bad haha
Almost entire January and February are open when I scheduled my interview today, so my sense is that they still have a lot of seats for interview. Just be patient. 🙂I don't find it hard to believe at all!
They receive over 13,000 applications, which is twice as many as many schools. It has been widely reported that they are giving out IIs, Rs AND Hs all over the place. What possible reason could they have for putting some people on some sort of a secret H or R?
Given the volume of apps they are dealing with, as well as how far into the spring they interview each year, I think it is highly probable that they haven't gotten to some apps yet,
psychedout!!!
Full Member
When were you complete?!II 5 mins ago!!!
Late September.When were you complete?!
D
deleted1088845
Does anyone know if mid-November interview decisions will be released during the December release day, or will it get pushed to January?
Enoughimagination407
New Member
When is the December release day?Does anyone know if mid-November interview decisions will be released during the December release day, or will it get pushed to January?
The 19th I believe. But not 100% sureWhen is the December release day?
wanttobeamd22
Full Member
I believe the release date is the 17th. They release every 4 weeksThe 19th I believe. But not 100% sure
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone! I know that the next batch of decisions comes out in a week, so I wanted to take the time to wish you all the very best! It has been a long journey for all of us, however, we will all hear good news soon! LET'S KEEP THE MORALE HIGH AND SEND POSITIVE VIBES!
veryuncertain
Full Member
could someone who had their interview share a bit how the group interview worked? was it just one question and each student responded or more like a big group discussion?
We both answered the same question and just alternated the order of answers - it was super informal though so it was just sort of agreed upon in the moment. Yours could be different?could someone who had their interview share a bit how the group interview worked? was it just one question and each student responded or more like a big group discussion?
Overall definitely super chill.