You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Drexel
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same herepre-Interview hold today??
MotorLover
Full Member
got the II, was complete mid-July
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same! Not expecting that!Same here
MotorLover
Full Member
No, this is my first time hearing anything from Drexel ever since I submitted my secondaryWere you put on hold? I'm still in the radio silence camp.
I also heard nothing last year before the June rejection so...
Pre-II hold. Any idea what the chances of II are at this stage?
maddandadd
Full Member
II just now. Very surprised! OOS and complete in September. Did not send an update.
If you haven't gotten an II yet, as of a few minutes ago, every single weekday in March (except for the 1st week) and many dates in April were still open, so I wouldn't be surprised if more II's are forthcoming!
For anyone who has scheduled an interview — when you enter your coursework, what are we supposed to put for the last two sections (COMM and CLIN)? I assume we're not supposed to put classes for that, right? Are we supposed to just list volunteer/clinical experiences there?
If you haven't gotten an II yet, as of a few minutes ago, every single weekday in March (except for the 1st week) and many dates in April were still open, so I wouldn't be surprised if more II's are forthcoming!
For anyone who has scheduled an interview — when you enter your coursework, what are we supposed to put for the last two sections (COMM and CLIN)? I assume we're not supposed to put classes for that, right? Are we supposed to just list volunteer/clinical experiences there?
I believe this is how I feel after I see anyone report an interview from any school that hasn’t sent me one 😂😂 the pain is real y’allWhere is my II 😭?!?!?
maddandadd
Full Member
I feel this. FWIW, I got one II in early fall like a week after I submitted my secondary. As such, I was completely convinced they wanted me and thought I crushed the interview. Long story short, I was promptly waitlisted and haven't heard from them since 🤡I believe this is how I feel after I see anyone report an interview from any school that hasn’t sent me one 😂😂 the pain is real y’all
Anyway, that was 5 months ago and I was confident the cycle was over for me. I couldn't even motivate myself to send an update letter anywhere. Then, out of nowhere, I got two II's (including this one today) just recently.
I really didn't believe the "it's not over till its over" BS until this week, but it's really not! Hang in there!
For those who have just recently gotten II's, did you submit an update?
D
deleted1122447
I submitted an update letter in late Dec/early Jan.For those who have just recently gotten II's, did you submit an update?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MotorLover
Full Member
Nope, I didn't send them anything after I submitted my secondary. The II was my first communication from them since JulyFor those who have just recently gotten II's, did you submit an update?
bluebunny13!
Full Member
Has anyone gotten off pre-II hold yet?
At what point are we told if we will be in the Philly or reading campus if accepted?
maddandadd
Full Member
Nope, didn't send an update (had planned to but couldn't motivate myself/didn't have anything substantial to add). Got the II last night.For those who have just recently gotten II's, did you submit an update?
Dr SheWolf
Full Member
Did you hear after the call? I mean, about a decision?I interviewed on 11/29 and not heard back. I called earlier yesterday morning and they said it’s with the committee
Anyone else called?
Might have to do with the fact tomorrow is Mardi Gras, I know some of the residents where I scribe got today and tomorrow off because of it. Though idk if it matters for med school adcoms, I imagine Philly has plans of its own in observation of it. SKMC wasn't in the office today either when I called.Drexel why are you doing this to me? Pick a day to release decisions and stick with it so I don’t get anxious every day!
Not yetDid you hear after the call? I mean, about a decision?
Hey everyone. While filling out fafsa, we are filling out the 2022-2023 form right? Not the 2021-2022... on Drexel portal, it says 2021-2022 but that might be a typo?
ya! i filled out the 2022-2023 and it processed successfully!Hey everyone. While filling out fafsa, we are filling out the 2022-2023 form right? Not the 2021-2022... on Drexel portal, it says 2021-2022 but that might be a typo?
Thank you !ya! i filled out the 2022-2023 and it processed successfully!
georgiapremed
Full Member
who is the dean of admissions at drexel?
It’s still Joe I thinkwho is the dean of admissions at drexel?
Last edited:
Just got the A. 12/14 interview. I didn’t have any acceptances yet and just one interview left so this is unreal! Good luck guys!!!
Dr.StevieBrule
Full Member
+1. Unreal!!Just got the A. 12/14 interview. I didn’t have any acceptances yet and just one interview left so this is unreal! Good luck guys!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1122447
@Dr.StevieBrule and @BluffCityMD AMAZING!!! CONGRATS FUTURE DOCTORS!!!!
Dr.StevieBrule
Full Member
Thank you so much!!@Dr.StevieBrule and @BluffCityMD AMAZING!!! CONGRATS FUTURE DOCTORS!!!!
D
deleted771945
Congratulations to the December acceptances.
CosmicClev1
Full Member
Looking through last years thread, people were getting II's through mid April. I feel like early March is within the running of having a decent chance.Just got an II for this place. I was wondering, am I basically interviewing for the waitlist? Or do interviews even this late out have a decent chance?
D
deleted1122447
Nothing, Brian (admissions guy) told me on my interview day that you could leave those blank. They're only for classes that relate to community service or clinical experience. If you have it elsewhere on your app as an EC, you don't list it there.I'm struggling with filling out the competencies on the portal after being invited to an interview. Where we have to drag our classes for the "Coursework" chart.
What exactly are we supposed to put for "COMM" and "CLIN"? Aren't these things community service and clinical work, how exactly would our undergrad classes translate to that? I have a ton of volunteering and have worked several clinical jobs, but the only options are to drag coursework into those. I'm very confused.
D
deleted1122447
Just put whatever is most relevant. I didn't slot everything I had under each category, just three I thought were most important/had the best grades in.How do you recommend filling out the other competencies? I was a Biology major, and we only get three slots per competency. Do I just put Intro Bio I and II and then a random upper level Biology class for that competency or something? And then same for every other subject?
I've taken many different science labs, which three should we put for labs? Or should I put my research I took for credit? ughhhh
under labs i put formal lab classes, NOT my for-credit research.
veryuncertain
Full Member
any December 15th interviewees hear back yet?? or hoping to hear back today/this week?
I interviewed 12/16 and I’m hoping to hear as soon as now lol I’ve only seen 12/14 getting accepted on here so farany December 15th interviewees hear back yet?? or hoping to hear back today/this week?
D
deleted1088845
mid-november hereI interviewed 12/16 and I’m hoping to hear as soon as now lol I’ve only seen 12/14 getting accepted on here so far
notapopstar
Full Member
Congratulations!! Were you ever on hold for an II?Just got an II for this place. I was wondering, am I basically interviewing for the waitlist? Or do interviews even this late out have a decent chance?
violingirl2
Full Member
I'm 12/15 and waiting to hear back too!any December 15th interviewees hear back yet?? or hoping to hear back today/this week?
pothegreatpanda
New Member
12/6 still waiting 🙁
turboinline6
Full Member
1/26 still waiting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ananxiouspremedstudent
Full Member
Interviewed 11/29 and still nothing for me D:mid-november here
![]()
+1Interviewed 11/29 and still nothing for me D:
D
deleted1088845
self-aware, neurotic post but this is driving me a little nuts. I'm sitting at over 100 days post interview with zero communication (as I see others are also). I have seen previous deferrals in this thread but haven't seen one for a while. As they told us 6-8 weeks and it's been double that for quite some time now, I am assuming I'm deferred/rejected but have been waiting in anxiety for weeks to get that email.
As the admissions committee seems active in handing out pre-ii rejections and recent acceptances, anyone have any idea what's going on with our forgotten applications? I would happily take a post interview R email right now to end the waiting.
As the admissions committee seems active in handing out pre-ii rejections and recent acceptances, anyone have any idea what's going on with our forgotten applications? I would happily take a post interview R email right now to end the waiting.
Got put on interview hold on March 1. I know it's "never over until it's over" , but at this point Drexel is playing games.