You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Drexel
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed 12/16 and haven’t heard back either 🤷🏼♂️I interviewed on 01/06 and still havent heard back yet 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted771945
There's no point since you get the interviewer's name only the evening before.Could anyone share the name of the faculty interviewer y'all thought was particularly hard? You can message me privately if you prefer. I'd appreciate it so I can anticipate whether my interviewer is gonna be rough 😭
MotorLover
Full Member
I got the name already lol, and it's next weekThere's no point since you get the interviewer's name only the evening before.
Make it make sense 😂I interviewed 12/16 and haven’t heard back either 🤷🏼♂️
D
deleted771945
Ah ok. Much earlier then when I had it.I got the name already lol, and it's next week
Sorry to hear that. If you don’t mind answering, how did you think ur interview went?Lol, just got the Post-ii R. Why you got be like this, Drexel?
Any Pre-II R’s? Honestly at this point is a hold basically an R
No. A hold will basically be a R when they are done sending out IIs.Any Pre-II R’s? Honestly at this point is a hold basically an R
Well only 2 people from those dates reported getting decisions so it’s hard to tell from that sample size. But during my interview (2/17) they said they are still interviewing for acceptances.
+1
I too remember them saying there were still acceptances being given
Relatively well imo. Though I did mention about having imposter syndrome. May have been a flag? Tho it shouldn't be since the person i interviewed told me that he wasn't even on the decision committee iirc.Sorry to hear that. If you don’t mind answering, how did you think ur interview went?
Doesn't matter, imma skip over this month and test my luck with my 5 WLs during peak WL movement months. If that doesn't work out. Imma gonna quit this premed ****.
Pro tip for everyone -- it's fine to share this with friends and family, and on anonymous forums like SDN. Most of us feel it at one time or another, but there is absolutely NOTHING to be gained by sharing this with someone evaluating you for admission to anything, ever. It can only cause them to question your level of self confidence and self esteem, and/or to wonder what you know about yourself that they don't. It is not the endearing sign of humility that you might think it is.Relatively well imo. Though I did mention about having imposter syndrome. May have been a flag? Tho it shouldn't be since the person i interviewed told me that he wasn't even on the decision committee iirc.
Doesn't matter, imma skip over this month and test my luck with my 5 WLs during peak WL movement months. If that doesn't work out. Imma gonna quit this premed ****.
Anyone reading this, now or in the future -- please resist the urge to share this on interviews!! 🙂
Also, for the record, whether or not the interviewer is a member of the adcom is totally irrelevant. Most of them aren't. The whole point of the interview is for them to evaluate you. That evaluation becomes part of your file, and is most definitely discussed when the committee meets, whether or not the interviewer is present to be part of the conversation.
facts.Pro tip for everyone -- it's fine to share this with friends and family, and on anonymous forums like SDN. Most of us feel it at one time or another, but there is absolutely NOTHING to be gained by sharing this with someone evaluating you for admission to anything, ever. It can only cause them to question your level of self confidence and self esteem, and/or to wonder what you know about yourself that they don't. It is not the endearing sign of humility that you might think it is.
Anyone reading this, now or in the future -- please resist the urge to share this on interviews!! 🙂
Also, for the record, whether or not the interviewer is a member of the adcom is totally irrelevant. Most of them aren't. The whole point of the interview is for them to evaluate you. That evaluation becomes part of your file, and is most definitely discussed when the committee meets, whether or not the interviewer is present to be part of the conversation.
I was told during my interview to never mention imposter syndrome, wanting to go to the school because of "The student support", or mentioning ANYTHING about poor grades unless explicitly asked.
received an interview last week for mid march, do we think this is for a waitlist position?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no. A few posts up we talked about them explicitly telling us that late interviews are still interviews for acceptancesreceived an interview last week for mid march, do we think this is for a waitlist position?
Odd-Mango1581
Full Member
when does Drexel interview until?
Sorry I can't remember the exact date, but when I was signing up for my 3/9 interview I saw dates through late March. Hopefully someone else can vouch for me.when does Drexel interview until?
D
deleted1115486
I saw interview dates going into very early April, when I signed up for my II last week!when does Drexel interview until?
I don't know; who was the hard interviewer?Did you have the hard interviewer?
Yep, now that I think about it. I think this was probably one of the reasons I didn't get selected. Not that it matters anymore.Pro tip for everyone -- it's fine to share this with friends and family, and on anonymous forums like SDN. Most of us feel it at one time or another, but there is absolutely NOTHING to be gained by sharing this with someone evaluating you for admission to anything, ever. It can only cause them to question your level of self confidence and self esteem, and/or to wonder what you know about yourself that they don't. It is not the endearing sign of humility that you might think it is.
Anyone reading this, now or in the future -- please resist the urge to share this on interviews!! 🙂
Also, for the record, whether or not the interviewer is a member of the adcom is totally irrelevant. Most of them aren't. The whole point of the interview is for them to evaluate you. That evaluation becomes part of your file, and is most definitely discussed when the committee meets, whether or not the interviewer is present to be part of the conversation.
anonymousan
Full Member
Did anyone get anymore holds? I am still silent complete in early Aug
maddandadd
Full Member
Really sorry to hear this. It's so hard because every school and every interviewer is looking for something different, except those who aren't looking for anything at all and just going off vibes. It feels like such a crapshoot honestly.Yep, now that I think about it. I think this was probably one of the reasons I didn't get selected. Not that it matters anymore.
Honestly, what was interesting about that interview iirc was that my interviewer literally gave me a pep talk about my imposter syndrome even tho I mention it as a light note in the beginning.Really sorry to hear this. It's so hard because every school and every interviewer is looking for something different, except those who aren't looking for anything at all and just going off vibes. It feels like such a crapshoot honestly.
bananamacaroon
Full Member
Hi friends. I am still not on hold/rejected... thankfully? Is it realistic to hold out hope for an interview at this point? Idk if I really want to know this answer haha.. TIA 🙂
Same hereHi friends. I am still not on hold/rejected... thankfully? Is it realistic to hold out hope for an interview at this point? Idk if I really want to know this answer haha.. TIA 🙂
anonymousan
Full Member
same boatHi friends. I am still not on hold/rejected... thankfully? Is it realistic to hold out hope for an interview at this point? Idk if I really want to know this answer haha.. TIA 🙂
LargeSchwann
Full Member
💩 Interviewed 9/28, deferred 11/2, WL 3/11! I'm very tired of the waiting process as I'm sitting on 4 WLs, someone help me stay sane🙂
candyman1997
Full Member
in the same boat as you. pretending everything is fine when its not 🙂💩 Interviewed 9/28, deferred 11/2, WL 3/11! I'm very tired of the waiting process as I'm sitting on 4 WLs, someone help me stay sane🙂
MotorLover
Full Member
Also same boat. On many waitlists, thankfully have a few more interviews (including Drexel!), but I'm really not sure if this cycle will end favorablyin the same boat as you. pretending everything is fine when its not 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
Does anyone know when waitlist movement will start? There is no phone number to call and ask questions to. I don’t think that question is quite worth and email.
MotorLover
Full Member
Adcom at interview said that usually starts in May/June, I believeDoes anyone know when waitlist movement will start? There is no phone number to call and ask questions to. I don’t think that question is quite worth and email.
A few people in last year’s thread reported getting off the waitlist in March, but it seems the majority of movement started in May/JuneDoes anyone know when waitlist movement will start? There is no phone number to call and ask questions to. I don’t think that question is quite worth and email.
MotorLover
Full Member
Feels concerning that (some) January interviewees just got their decision. Makes me feel like March interviewees will be waiting until May or June...
Just received an acceptance today! For sure I thought I'd be receiving a WL or rejection since my interview was early Jan!
Same!Chilling on 5 waitlists and Drexel just added themselves to it. Why did I sign up for this lol
Did you get off hold or were you never on hold?Just got an interview! Dates were monday through thursday (3/28-3/31)
Never on holdDid you get off hold or were you never on hold?
Sept 29 💀When were your interviews?
D
deleted771945
No way holy ****. You didn't hear back for >5 months?Sept 29 💀
Nooooo haha I was deferred initially in November and just now got moved to the waitlist.No way holy ****. You didn't hear back for >5 months?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted771945
Got it haha.Nooooo haha I was deferred initially in November and just now got moved to the waitlist.
WL today, interviewed 01/18
I also had the very difficult interviewer. Wish someone would confirm him name LOL, but he was very negative probably my worst interview experience yet. I had a strong feeling I would get WL.
I also had the very difficult interviewer. Wish someone would confirm him name LOL, but he was very negative probably my worst interview experience yet. I had a strong feeling I would get WL.
I had the exact same experience on the same day with the same result.WL today, interviewed 01/18
I also had the very difficult interviewer. Wish someone would confirm him name LOL, but he was very negative probably my worst interview experience yet. I had a strong feeling I would get WL.
happy_days_lol
Full Member
WL today, interviewed 11/13, deferred in january...getting really annoyed by this whole process