2021-2022 East Tennessee (Quillen)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that patience is a virtue in the medical school admissions cycle, but hearing nothing is so hard because I have no idea whether I'm being considered or if my application has been essentially thrown out.
Given that they have already sent out plenty of R's, I would say that you're still in the running. Don't lose hope, potential future classmate!
 
Primary submitted 7/19, no secondary. OOS but within the 250-mile radius for favorability.

I know that patience is a virtue in the medical school admissions cycle, but hearing nothing is so hard because I have no idea whether I'm being considered or if my application has been essentially thrown out.
They seem to not beat around the bush if they’re not interested in a candidate. I think if you weren’t still being considered, they would let you know quickly. I submitted my primary really early, a week or two after AMCAS opened so I think I was ahead of you.
 
They seem to not beat around the bush if they’re not interested in a candidate. I think if you weren’t still being considered, they would let you know quickly. I submitted my primary really early, a week or two after AMCAS opened so I think I was ahead of you.
I mean that I added them to my school list on that date. I didn’t add all my schools immediately.

That is good to know though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Primary submitted 7/19, no secondary. OOS but within the 250-mile radius for favorability.

I know that patience is a virtue in the medical school admissions cycle, but hearing nothing is so hard because I have no idea whether I'm being considered or if my application has been essentially thrown out.
I am also OOS and within the 250-mile radius. I applied to 27 schools and this is the only secondary I haven't received yet (primary submitted 6/25 and verified 7/30). I did my CASPER a while ago but have not done Snapshot + Duet (this is the only school I applied to that wants Snapshot/Duet); could that be why I haven't received the secondary yet?
 
I am also OOS and within the 250-mile radius. I applied to 27 schools and this is the only secondary I haven't received yet (primary submitted 6/25 and verified 7/30). I did my CASPER a while ago but have not done Snapshot + Duet (this is the only school I applied to that wants Snapshot/Duet); could that be why I haven't received the secondary yet?
Probably not, I am applying with my friend and he has had all of his casper stuff in for a while, mine should be in sometime this week. We are very similar applicants, both from TN and neither of us have received a secondary. We got the email saying they have our stuff and would be slow this year but nothing else.
 
Probably not, I am applying with my friend and he has had all of his casper stuff in for a while, mine should be in sometime this week. We are very similar applicants, both from TN and neither of us have received a secondary. We got the email saying they have our stuff and would be slow this year but nothing else.
Lol, am friend
 
This happened to me too! They were like don't even apply again in the future.
+1

I didn't apply stupid for the most part but this is one where I did, I didn't realize just how much they favored IS and OOS with extremely close ties. Never applying there again as per their advice.
 
Sent primary yesterday and received email that they will process it and screen for a secondary. How long did this take for you all? I’m IS 512 3.9 URM. I haven’t completed snapshot yet but plan on doing it today. Will not having that complete affect the process of them sending a secondary?
 
Sent primary yesterday and received email that they will process it and screen for a secondary. How long did this take for you all? I’m IS 512 3.9 URM. I haven’t completed snapshot yet but plan on doing it today. Will not having that complete affect the process of them sending a secondary?
I got that email on July 19 and have not received a secondary yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS secondary received 8/9. I think I submitted secondary same day. Email saying they have my secondary material on 8/13. Took Casper on 6/18. Primary app was processed by AMCAS on 6/1.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those scheduled for an interview on the 13th, have you received a reply email from the initial confirmation email they wanted you to send? I sent the confirmation email on the 2nd and am excessively neurotic
 
I am in state and still have not received a secondary. I submitted my primary 7/11 and it was verified 8/12. I got an email on 8/13 saying my application will soon be reviewed and I will either be sent a secondary or rejected. Has it been taking this long for others too?
 
To those scheduled for an interview on the 13th, have you received a reply email from the initial confirmation email they wanted you to send? I sent the confirmation email on the 2nd and am excessively neurotic
I have not!! I’m getting a little panicked about it too because when I confirmed my interview I replied to the email instead of emailing the address that they provided. I realized my mistake and forwarded my response to the correct email. Now I’m worried and feeling a little crazy
 
I have not!! I’m getting a little panicked about it too because when I confirmed my interview I replied to the email instead of emailing the address that they provided. I realized my mistake and forwarded my response to the correct email. Now I’m worried and feeling a little crazy
I think we’re good then - it’s a smaller school I think they are just busy, my portal still has interview stuff on it. Have my finger on the trigger of a drafted email inquiring about the lack of response hahaha
 
Morning all. This is my 3rd cycle applying here (WL the last 2 cycles). I’ve continued improving my application so hopefully 3rd times the charm.

Quillen is an amazing school and my top choice by far. If you have any questions about their application process, I can hopefully help answer them. I have an interview scheduled for next week so hopefully I can also help provide some updates about this cycle. Best of luck to everyone!
 
Morning all. This is my 3rd cycle applying here (WL the last 2 cycles). I’ve continued improving my application so hopefully 3rd times the charm.

Quillen is an amazing school and my top choice by far. If you have any questions about their application process, I can hopefully help answer them. I have an interview scheduled for next week so hopefully I can also help provide some updates about this cycle. Best of luck to everyone!
My third time as well! Here’s to hoping to seeing eachother in JC next fall!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed this week. As always, Quillen is one of the most friendliest schools you’ll interview at. They really just want to get to know you and their interviews are very conversational.

They said the committe would be meeting every 2 weeks this cycle. Next Thursday (the 23rd) is their next meeting.