2021-2022 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know that patience is a virtue in the medical school admissions cycle, but hearing nothing is so hard because I have no idea whether I'm being considered or if my application has been essentially thrown out.
Given that they have already sent out plenty of R's, I would say that you're still in the running. Don't lose hope, potential future classmate!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Primary submitted 7/19, no secondary. OOS but within the 250-mile radius for favorability.

I know that patience is a virtue in the medical school admissions cycle, but hearing nothing is so hard because I have no idea whether I'm being considered or if my application has been essentially thrown out.
They seem to not beat around the bush if they’re not interested in a candidate. I think if you weren’t still being considered, they would let you know quickly. I submitted my primary really early, a week or two after AMCAS opened so I think I was ahead of you.

They seem to not beat around the bush if they’re not interested in a candidate. I think if you weren’t still being considered, they would let you know quickly. I submitted my primary really early, a week or two after AMCAS opened so I think I was ahead of you.
I mean that I added them to my school list on that date. I didn’t add all my schools immediately.

That is good to know though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Primary submitted 7/19, no secondary. OOS but within the 250-mile radius for favorability.

I am also OOS and within the 250-mile radius. I applied to 27 schools and this is the only secondary I haven't received yet (primary submitted 6/25 and verified 7/30). I did my CASPER a while ago but have not done Snapshot + Duet (this is the only school I applied to that wants Snapshot/Duet); could that be why I haven't received the secondary yet?

I am also OOS and within the 250-mile radius. I applied to 27 schools and this is the only secondary I haven't received yet (primary submitted 6/25 and verified 7/30). I did my CASPER a while ago but have not done Snapshot + Duet (this is the only school I applied to that wants Snapshot/Duet); could that be why I haven't received the secondary yet?
Probably not, I am applying with my friend and he has had all of his casper stuff in for a while, mine should be in sometime this week. We are very similar applicants, both from TN and neither of us have received a secondary. We got the email saying they have our stuff and would be slow this year but nothing else.

Probably not, I am applying with my friend and he has had all of his casper stuff in for a while, mine should be in sometime this week. We are very similar applicants, both from TN and neither of us have received a secondary. We got the email saying they have our stuff and would be slow this year but nothing else.
Lol, am friend

In-State Secondary received yesterday.

This happened to me too! They were like don't even apply again in the future.
+1

I didn't apply stupid for the most part but this is one where I did, I didn't realize just how much they favored IS and OOS with extremely close ties. Never applying there again as per their advice.

Sent primary yesterday and received email that they will process it and screen for a secondary. How long did this take for you all? I’m IS 512 3.9 URM. I haven’t completed snapshot yet but plan on doing it today. Will not having that complete affect the process of them sending a secondary?

Sent primary yesterday and received email that they will process it and screen for a secondary. How long did this take for you all? I’m IS 512 3.9 URM. I haven’t completed snapshot yet but plan on doing it today. Will not having that complete affect the process of them sending a secondary?
I got that email on July 19 and have not received a secondary yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a 1st quartile Casper score and feel devastated. I feel like this destroyed my chances of getting in here.

IS secondary received 8/9. I think I submitted secondary same day. Email saying they have my secondary material on 8/13. Took Casper on 6/18. Primary app was processed by AMCAS on 6/1.

I was verified 5/24. So I was prob among their first applications.
Mind sharing when your primary was transmitted? ETSU's methods for sending out secondaries seems very unique to say the least.

• Hmm
Secondary received today!:)
IS applicant, ORM, Lizzy M 67.5

Anyone else in primary-submitted-waiting-for-secondary limbo?

Reactions: 1 users
IS secondary received today! Will be sending today as well. Thankful for this thread and having these pre written lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Welp, I am a East Tennessee Resident and just got rejected. Good luck to yall

It’s an interview. They gave me one date which is Sept 13. Not sure if there are any before that.

To those scheduled for an interview on the 13th, have you received a reply email from the initial confirmation email they wanted you to send? I sent the confirmation email on the 2nd and am excessively neurotic

• Haha
I am in state and still have not received a secondary. I submitted my primary 7/11 and it was verified 8/12. I got an email on 8/13 saying my application will soon be reviewed and I will either be sent a secondary or rejected. Has it been taking this long for others too?

I am in state and still have not received a secondary. I submitted my primary 7/11 and it was verified 8/12. I got an email on 8/13 saying my application will soon be reviewed and I will either be sent a secondary or rejected. Has it been taking this long for others too?
Yes, I think they are being methodically/taking their time. Don't worry.

To those scheduled for an interview on the 13th, have you received a reply email from the initial confirmation email they wanted you to send? I sent the confirmation email on the 2nd and am excessively neurotic
I have not!! I’m getting a little panicked about it too because when I confirmed my interview I replied to the email instead of emailing the address that they provided. I realized my mistake and forwarded my response to the correct email. Now I’m worried and feeling a little crazy

I have not!! I’m getting a little panicked about it too because when I confirmed my interview I replied to the email instead of emailing the address that they provided. I realized my mistake and forwarded my response to the correct email. Now I’m worried and feeling a little crazy
I think we’re good then - it’s a smaller school I think they are just busy, my portal still has interview stuff on it. Have my finger on the trigger of a drafted email inquiring about the lack of response hahaha

OOS II just now!

Morning all. This is my 3rd cycle applying here (WL the last 2 cycles). I’ve continued improving my application so hopefully 3rd times the charm.

Quillen is an amazing school and my top choice by far. If you have any questions about their application process, I can hopefully help answer them. I have an interview scheduled for next week so hopefully I can also help provide some updates about this cycle. Best of luck to everyone!

Morning all. This is my 3rd cycle applying here (WL the last 2 cycles). I’ve continued improving my application so hopefully 3rd times the charm.

Quillen is an amazing school and my top choice by far. If you have any questions about their application process, I can hopefully help answer them. I have an interview scheduled for next week so hopefully I can also help provide some updates about this cycle. Best of luck to everyone!
My third time as well! Here’s to hoping to seeing eachother in JC next fall!

rejected just now before receiving secondary. oos strong ties to TN. good luck to everyone!

With every passing day my hopes dwindle further.

No secondary yet, email confirming receipt of primary 7/19. OOS within 250 miles.

II just now!! IS and was on their active hold from October to May.

Interview was amazing, very laid back. They literally just want to know you - not at all stressful. Good luck everybody!!!

Interviewed this week. As always, Quillen is one of the most friendliest schools you’ll interview at. They really just want to get to know you and their interviews are very conversational.

They said the committe would be meeting every 2 weeks this cycle. Next Thursday (the 23rd) is their next meeting.