2021-2022 Hackensack Meridian

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 but didn't email them lol
Yeah obv only my opinion but I would not email them unless there is clear evidence that there is an error or something. They have thousands of applications to go through on top of dealing with all sorts of logistical issues arising from COVID.
 
I have been trying to get in contact with the office of admissions for a while regarding the hold on my application after the prelim review (due to a missing English Comp course, which I did have and I sent them an email with the syllabus to show that it was an English comp course). I haven't gotten a hold or a response from anyone in a while, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
 
I have been trying to get in contact with the office of admissions for a while regarding the hold on my application after the prelim review (due to a missing English Comp course, which I did have and I sent them an email with the syllabus to show that it was an English comp course). I haven't gotten a hold or a response from anyone in a while, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
Try calling them! When I emailed them, they were very responsive and helpful, so that’s really weird. Are you certain that they are holding your app because of that?
 
I have been trying to get in contact with the office of admissions for a while regarding the hold on my application after the prelim review (due to a missing English Comp course, which I did have and I sent them an email with the syllabus to show that it was an English comp course). I haven't gotten a hold or a response from anyone in a while, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
wait did they email you saying you have a hold on your app?
 
Try calling them! When I emailed them, they were very responsive and helpful, so that’s really weird. Are you certain that they are holding your app because of that?
Yeah, I got an email saying it was on hold for that reason! Did you just email [email protected] ? And what number did you use to call, because I've called about 20 times at different times of day and haven't gotten a hold of a single person
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I got an email saying it was on hold for that reason! Did you just email [email protected] ? And what number did you use to call, because I've called about 20 times at different times of day and haven't gotten a hold of a single person
Yea I used that email. I did not call them, they responded to me within a day. Maybe it went to their junk?
 
I would check your spam and make sure you haven't missed an email anywhere else.
Unfortunately, there aren't any emails in my spam. I'm just wondering when would be a good time to ask about my application, because it's been well more than the 3-6 week period that they specified.
 
Unfortunately, there aren't any emails in my spam. I'm just wondering when would be a good time to ask about my application, because it's been well more than the 3-6 week period that they specified.
Hmm. Now that I am seeing these other comments it seems more common than I thought. In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to email them just to check-in. Maybe others can weigh in but I would just say something like "I received an email stating that my preliminary review began on 8/11, but I have not received any correspondence since then. I just wanted to double-check to ensure that my email is functioning correctly."
 
Unfortunately, there aren't any emails in my spam. I'm just wondering when would be a good time to ask about my application, because it's been well more than the 3-6 week period that they specified.
Also in the same boat with the long prelim review time, though I don't think my app is missing anything. Guess it doesn't hurt to email them to check in, that's what I am going to do!
 
Also in the same boat with the long prelim review time, though I don't think my app is missing anything. Guess it doesn't hurt to email them to check in, that's what I am going to do!
Apparently, they haven't been super responsive over email to inquiries like this so let us know how it goes! Regardless, still probably not enough of an issue to warrant a phone call.
 
Apparently, they haven't been super responsive over email to inquiries like this so let us know how it goes! Regardless, still probably not enough of an issue to warrant a phone call.
I agree. I will just send an email to check-in but I guess regardless, it is not uncommon for schools to be unresponsive around this time so I guess being patient is the only answer haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, does anyone have a link to the portal? I got a review that I was missing a document on my application, but I no longer have the email to access the portal. If you do please pm me! I've tried google with no luck.
 
So I submitted secondary 8/9, got pre lim review 8/11, and finally got phase 1 complete 10/6. So now I wait for pre lim complete I guess..
 
For those who interviewed already, did they talk about their decision timeline? I don't remember them talking about it.
 
Got prelim review phase 1 complete today. Complete here mid August, preliminary review started 8/23.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad