-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Hackensack Meridian
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I received my first phase review complete email on 9/15 and absolute silence since then :/This school is kinda confusing. Here's my situation.
9/7: COMPLETE. PRELIMINARY REVIEW
9/10: FIRST PHASE REVIEW COMPLETE
11/1: HOLD email.
Same silence after first phaseI received my first phase review complete email on 9/15 and absolute silence since then :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Same silence after first phase
Did you have a physician letter of recommendation?Anyone receive a Hold for Missing Items email despite having submitted everything with their secondary?
I’d give them a call if it doesn’t say what you are missing.Yep. I had a letter for each of the three categories listed on their website.
I am still on first phase complete (over 4 weeks)
Should we email?
Should we email?
Do it! Invite them to send you an interview!I am still on first phase complete (over 4 weeks)
Should we email?
* sarcasm
I feel the same but I have to remind myself to be positive and also that SDN is not the end-all-be-all of if a school has sent out IIs or As. Plenty of non-neurotic people don't use this website at allHas Seton Hall released any recent II? It seems like its been a while
Is this post-acceptance?i got a notification about the collect documents and tried to upload my transcript but there is something wrong with the file. Should I just email them my transcript and submit the Collect Documents
Looking at their post history, it seems that they just submitted last week.Is this post-acceptance?
I doubt they will accept an emailed or even uploaded transcript because it will be considered unofficial. Your best bet is to call them for assistance.i got a notification about the collect documents and tried to upload my transcript but there is something wrong with the file. Should I just email them my transcript and submit the Collect Documents
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long after submitting an update did you receive an email saying it was uploaded? I submitted one around 4 today, thinking bc of weekend it might not be till Monday
coolcucumber04
Full Member
Got an II on Thursday, just interviewed today. (IS, LM >80, complete early August)
Anyone know how long the turnaround usually is post- II?
Anyone know how long the turnaround usually is post- II?
Well, I interviewed in September and haven’t heard back.Got an II on Thursday, just interviewed today. (IS, LM >80, complete early August)
Anyone know how long the turnaround usually is post- II?
Interview on a Sunday?Got an II on Thursday, just interviewed today. (IS, LM >80, complete early August)
Anyone know how long the turnaround usually is post- II?
Interview on a Sunday?!Got an II on Thursday, just interviewed today. (IS, LM >80, complete early August)
Anyone know how long the turnaround usually is post- II?
coolcucumber04
Full Member
yes lol...they called me on Thursday morning to schedule it, the only options were on Friday or SundayInterview on a Sunday?
What...that is wild. I wonder if Sunday interviews are a recurrent thing at Hackensack? Hope it went well!yes lol...they called me on Thursday morning to schedule it, the only options were on Friday or Sunday
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
I know I may sound impatient but does anyone know when the first round of people who interviewed will hear? I'm wondering if they talked about it on the tour. I interviewed late September/ early October for reference.
I emailed Hackensack a while back and they were really nice and responded quickly! You could definitely reach out and askI know I may sound impatient but does anyone know when the first round of people who interviewed will hear? I'm wondering if they talked about it on the tour. I interviewed late September/ early October for reference.
mangoman_v1
New Member
How is the Human Dimension curriculum? Do you find the experience insightful? What kind of commitment is it on a weekly basis?Hi all, M2 here. Got some time on my hands and can answer questions y'all have. Just shoot me a message.
Also, are you considering skipping your fourth year and starting residency in the HM system? What do other students have to say about that experience?
I got the interview hold email. Is this a good thing or bad thing with this particular school?
Sent an update on Friday and have not heard back from them, should I be worried and send it again?
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
If you sent it Friday I wouldn't. It hasn't even been one full work day.Sent an update on Friday and have not heard back from them, should I be worried and send it again?
lol thanks I am just feeling crazy and heard of other people getting a response or something the same day. I get since it was friday though that it prob wasn't seenIf you sent it Friday I wouldn't. It hasn't even been one full work day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has this school sent out any A's yet?
I got a Thank you for the update! Best of Luck! email and nothing else 🙁Thank you for the tip! I just tried this and they immediately moved me to the first phase prelim compete. I received my prelim review email back on aug 19.
Not really insightful nor unique it's a lot of things that you already know about, you will find the curriculum in some form or another in every medical school. Time commitment varies, the class runs every other week for 2 hours of large group then 2 hours of small group for phase 1. Then in phase 2 it's reduced to a 2 hour meeting every 6-8 weeks. Outside of that, you have a few things. A community health project which can vary in time commitment depending on what community partner you are assigned to. You and a classmate are also paired with a community member and have to have a call with them every month or so for an hour.How is the Human Dimension curriculum? Do you find the experience insightful? What kind of commitment is it on a weekly basis?
Also, are you considering skipping your fourth year and starting residency in the HM system? What do other students have to say about that experience?
I'm not considering skipping 4th-year atm since I want a surgical subspecialty. Can't comment on that experience at this point since I don't know anyone who has done it.
I haven't heard anything and interviewed 6 weeks ago.Has this school sent out any A's yet?
mangoman_v1
New Member
Thank you for the response! Can you comment on your experience with the curriculum? What do you like/dislike about it? Do you find the professors to be competent and exams to be fair?Not really insightful nor unique it's a lot of things that you already know about, you will find the curriculum in some form or another in every medical school. Time commitment varies, the class runs every other week for 2 hours of large group then 2 hours of small group for phase 1. Then in phase 2 it's reduced to a 2 hour meeting every 6-8 weeks. Outside of that, you have a few things. A community health project which can vary in time commitment depending on what community partner you are assigned to. You and a classmate are also paired with a community member and have to have a call with them every month or so for an hour.
I'm not considering skipping 4th-year atm since I want a surgical subspecialty. Can't comment on that experience at this point since I don't know anyone who has done it.
I got the first phase email like a month ago and it said that it’ll take them 2-4 weeks to review the pre reqs and it’s been 5 weeks. Should I email them?
It's a lot of info sessions with various departments of the school, kind of a long one. Dress formal.Does anyone know what we should expect for the virtual admissions day? How long is it and will people be dressed formally?
I had a question about the admissions day. Do you remember what the HMSOM admissions day was like when you attended it?Hi all, M2 here. Got some time on my hands and can answer questions y'all have. Just shoot me a message.
I'm not the person you asked but the Virtual Admissions Day this year is just a combination of presentations from different departments. Financial Aid, Student Wellness, etc. and ends with Q&A with current students. Everyone dresses formally with cameras on btw.I had a question about the admissions day. Do you remember what the HMSOM admissions day was like when you attended it?
It's a fasted paced curriculum without breaks. Lots of info and little time. I can tell you for certain there are not enough breaks and sometimes you just need to fall behind and take one on your own. The teaching is honestly all over the place and depends on who is teaching. Sometimes good sometimes bad. Every course with exception of anatomy is very manageable. Lots of active learning, small group stuff, TBL all jammed in the weeks as well. Are the professors competent? For the most part, I would say, though there are some that should not be teaching. The exams are from in-house lectures and definitely are fair.Thank you for the response! Can you comment on your experience with the curriculum? What do you like/dislike about it? Do you find the professors to be competent and exams to be fair?
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
Also, does anyone have the address for the building we should go to? all is given is the I.H.S campusHas anyone attended one of the in-person tours yet? What is the attire that people usually wear? Not sure if I should plan to dress like I’m attending an interview (ex. wear a blazer) even though we won’t be interviewing in person.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed about 3-4 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since then 🙂Got an II on Thursday, just interviewed today. (IS, LM >80, complete early August)
Anyone know how long the turnaround usually is post- II?
I went a couple of weeks ago, some people were in suits, one was in a hoody. I wore a button down with v-neck over it. It's a pretty casual tour with plenty of space to ask questions. I think if you do business casual that's your best bet!Has anyone attended one of the in-person tours yet? What is the attire that people usually wear? Not sure if I should plan to dress like I’m attending an interview (ex. wear a blazer) even though we won’t be interviewing in person.
docnotmcstuffins
New Member
did you receive a first phase complete email? If so, I've also been in the same boat for weeks now 🙁Completed 8/7, got the app now in preliminary review email 8/11. Nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat? I am also OOS btw
I haven't received a first phase complete email 🙁did you receive a first phase complete email? If so, I've also been in the same boat for weeks now 🙁