-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Delayed decision just received.
Delayed decision just received.
I’m sorry! 🙁 When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Delayed decision :/
Interviewed early October
Interviewed early October
I think you can still do them as Altus was changing the deadlines like 5 times and finally they just left it open.Soooooooooo, every part of my application is complete (already interviewed).... except that I have not completed SnapShot or Duet. I'm assuming that the committee will hold off on an Admissions Decision? ugh.
9/16I’m sorry! 🙁 When did you interview?
Did you guys get an email notification?
Yes, emailDid you guys get an email notification?
Does anyone know from previous cycles what is the likelihood of being accepted after a delayed decision?
Does anyone know from previous cycles what is the likelihood of being accepted after a delayed decision?
I haven't checked previous years' threads, but -- UIC accepts like 70-80% of students post-II, and that includes all the delayed decision and WLs. I wouldn't give up hope!
Thank you.I haven't checked previous years' threads, but -- UIC accepts like 70-80% of students post-II, and that includes all the delayed decision and WLs. I wouldn't give up hope!
just got the A! over email. IS, interviewed about a week ago 🙂
Quick question, for those who've interviewed did your status change once you completed it? I just realized my portal still says your interview is scheduled for X date under the interview tab.
It stays like that after your interview and even after you receive a decision!Quick question, for those who've interviewed did your status change once you completed it? I just realized my portal still says your interview is scheduled for X date under the interview tab.
Thanks!It stays like that after your interview and even after you receive a decision!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It stays like that after your interview and even after you receive a decision!
Bestie what's the secret for 18 IIs
Anyone from the delayed decision cohort heard back? When should we expect to hear about a decision on our application?
If I got this correctly they essentially go over all candidates with “delayed decision” every meeting and compare them to the ones which didn’t have any decision yet. So practically you can get an A any time the committee meets (every third Thursday of the month).
So we might hear today? It seems like decisions went out earlier in the day though.
I interviewed the same day as people above and haven’t heard anything, delayed decision, A, or R. So maybe decisions are still going out
Anyone interview before September 17th and still haven’t heard anything back?
Yeah
I interviewed the same day as people above and haven’t heard anything, delayed decision, A, or R. So maybe decisions are still going out
Maybe they’re sending out decisions alphabetically? Not sure 🤔
They use the system to mark people into statuses and their system sends emails automatically. So the order is probably as they talk about people.
Delayed decision 😔
Got the delayed decision. I felt great about my interviews, no regrets. While I was hoping for an A, there’s not much I would change.
Also a delayed decision :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it just me or does anyone feel like there are a lot more delayed decisions this cycle? Probably a result of people not cancelling any virtual interviews
Is delayed decision a rejection 🙁?
This and also most likely a result of last cycle. Apparently they overfilled their class and asked people to defer a year, although barely any did. They are probably making sure that doesn't happen again.Is it just me or does anyone feel like there are a lot more delayed decisions this cycle? Probably a result of people not cancelling any virtual interviews
This and also most likely a result of last cycle. Apparently they overfilled their class and asked people to defer a year, although barely any did. They are probably making sure that doesn't happen again.
I assume that means we likely won't see a change in delayed decision until much later in the cycle :/
just_vibing
Full Member
Delayed decision 🙁
+1 🙁Delayed decision 🙁
I have no idea. I heard they overenrolled from some M1s this year, so maybe maybe notI assume that means we likely won't see a change in delayed decision until much later in the cycle :/
Do you know if delayed decision turn into acceptance?I have no idea. I heard they overenrolled from some M1s this year, so maybe maybe not
seems odd to have so many delayed decisions when they emphasized on interview day how ~80% of interviewees get accepted...
I'm not sure, but based on their website, it seems like you are re-reviewed at every committee meeting.Do you know if delayed decision turn into acceptance?
Judging from previous year's posts, very few individuals had their delayed decisions turned into acceptance.I mean if they do that why didn't a single delayed decision applicant report an update this time 🙁
I mean if they do that why didn't a single delayed decision applicant report an update this time 🙁
My guess: it’s only been one week, so not much has changed. I imagine we will start to see movement for Delayed Decision applicants more and more as the cycle progresses. But that’s all just pure speculation.
edit: looks like this might not be the case, based on the previous post
You are right. I was very grateful for the interview opportunity, and I did feel good afterwards. To that end, I would change very little about it even now. Oh well. Here’s to hoping…Judging from previous year's posts, very few individuals had their delayed decisions turned into acceptance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Per their website, delayed decision means you will be re-reviewed at every committee meeting until May 1st. If you have not been accepted/rejected by then, you will be put on the official waitlist may 1st.Delayed decision ☹️ OOS, felt great during interview. Lots of DD. Is delayed decision like "waitlist" or is it different? Waitlist being where you are waiting to see if accepted students drop, whereas delayed may just be NO decision YET. (Interviewed 09/21)
D
deleted1075526
Got the A. So grateful! First acceptance. Re-applicant. International. Interviewed on 10/13.
i'm pretty sure were all still in it, there's like 13 delayed decisions in this group from today alone. if you look at previous years, they usually get like 1-2 per decision day, most responses are acceptances. it seems like this year they are being more careful with A's due to the issues they had last year, but I think we all still have good odds of getting accepted
