You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1114150
Are we supposed to complete IMED before getting an II? or can we do the IMED afterward acceptance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are welcome. They actually specifically provided a spreadsheet of email addresses for faculty interviewers just in case you want to send one.For those who interviewed already, did admissions say anything about thank you notes? I know some discourage them and some encourage them. Interested in their suggestion and how to send them if allowed.
II this morning!! ORM, 518, 3.7, Canadian
First II so very excited and nervous!
First II so very excited and nervous!
Wait idk if I’m just slow but I cant find that anywhere and I don’t remember thrm mentioning that??They are welcome. They actually specifically provided a spreadsheet of email addresses for faculty interviewers just in case you want to send one.
Have any EDP people heard back yet? (asking for a friend)
Blackboard website link in the Interview Day Details email.Wait idk if I’m just slow but I cant find that anywhere and I don’t remember thrm mentioning that??
I only sent it to my faculty interviewer. Didn't even recall the MMI names unfortunately cause it was so fast-pacedOkay so yes to TY notes but do you send it just to your faculty interviewer or everyone from the MMIs as well? I’m thinking just a faculty interview ty note and a general admissions committee email to everyone else involved in interview Day…
I just uploaded a general one to the portal. I say do what you feel comfortable with as I’m sure you’re not the first or last to do it in a particular way.Okay so yes to TY notes but do you send it just to your faculty interviewer or everyone from the MMIs as well? I’m thinking just a faculty interview ty note and a general admissions comittee email to everyone else involved in interview Day…
Okay so yes to TY notes but do you send it just to your faculty interviewer or everyone from the MMIs as well? I’m thinking just a faculty interview ty note and a general admissions committee email to everyone else involved in interview Day…
I emailed it just to my faculty interviewer! I figured since they offered us the spreadsheet, I'd email rather than upload it to the portal. But I'm sure that works too
Looking at the US News & World Report data on UIC, it looks like 87% of OOS interviewees are accepted? If true then once you get an interview here you really have to try to not be accepted, that's crazy...
Looking at the US News & World Report data on UIC, it looks like 87% of OOS interviewees are accepted? If true then once you get an interview here you really have to try to not be accepted, that's crazy...
It’s similar to the numbers they shared on interview day. They made it sound like if given an interview, you’re a strong candidate. Interview is more to confirm missions align and there are no red flags.
mdphd63627
Full Member
MSTP II received today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any IS people getting II yet?
D
deleted1095025
IS. Have heard nothing.Any IS people getting II yet?
I'm IS and was interviewed 9/8.Any IS people getting II yet?
I’m IS and interviewed 9/9. Other IS applicants in interview with me.Any IS people getting II yet?
toenjcha9
New Member
I'm IS and interviewed 09/09. There were a few other IS interviewes in there w me but most were OOS.Any IS people getting II yet?
Are you URM?I’m IS and interviewed 9/9. Other IS applicants in interview with me.
Received my A on Friday via EDP. 
Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

Best of luck to everyone this cycle!
anervoussystem
New Member
I'm IS complete around 8/11, their website says "If it’s been over 6 weeks since your application was marked complete, you are welcome to submit an update via the “Other Documents” section of the Secondary Application Portal to reaffirm your interest in our institution, or provide other updates that are relevant to the Committee on Admissions (such as updates on research, employment, experiences, etc.). These will be reviewed by the Committee."
I don't have any major updates but I do want them to know I'm very interested in the school, do you think its a good idea to upload a letter of interest since its been over 6 weeks? I really want to do whatever I can show interest but I also don't want to come off desperate 😅
I don't have any major updates but I do want them to know I'm very interested in the school, do you think its a good idea to upload a letter of interest since its been over 6 weeks? I really want to do whatever I can show interest but I also don't want to come off desperate 😅
yesAre you URM?
At least from responses on this thread, so far it seems like majority of interviews have been IS URM and OOS students
Well the stats they shared show that ~40% of this years entering class is URM. It’s part of their mission and diversity is strongly valued at the school. 🙂At least from responses on this thread, so far it seems like majority of interviews have been IS URM and OOS students
Have you taken a look at the II tracker? If not, I included link below. The other IS applicants in my interview did not appear to be URM, but phenotype is not always an indicator of race or ethnicity.At least from responses on this thread, so far it seems like majority of interviews have been IS URM and OOS students
greenthumb-365
Full Member
From their Q&A session last week, it sounded like they strongly encourage you to send update letters if you're interested and that they are happy to receive them if that's helpful. I would say go for it 🙂I'm IS complete around 8/11, their website says "If it’s been over 6 weeks since your application was marked complete, you are welcome to submit an update via the “Other Documents” section of the Secondary Application Portal to reaffirm your interest in our institution, or provide other updates that are relevant to the Committee on Admissions (such as updates on research, employment, experiences, etc.). These will be reviewed by the Committee."
I don't have any major updates but I do want them to know I'm very interested in the school, do you think its a good idea to upload a letter of interest since its been over 6 weeks? I really want to do whatever I can show interest but I also don't want to come off desperate 😅
PlzLetMeIn155
Full Member
I also don't remember this happening and they seemed to say they didn't really want thank yousWait idk if I’m just slow but I cant find that anywhere and I don’t remember thrm mentioning that??
PlzLetMeIn155
Full Member
IS, interviewed 9/28.Any IS people getting II yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just_vibing
Full Member
Does anyone know what time the interview day starts at and what time it ends?
8am to 1:30pm CST from earlier this cycleDoes anyone know what time the interview day starts at and what time it ends?
II today, complete 7/7
IS?II today, complete 7/7
Nope, I'm international, as OOS as it gets haha
D
deleted1075526
II just now! Complete 9/9. International.
Can anyone who’s interviewed here give an overview of the MMI section? Thanks in advance.
Can anyone who’s interviewed here give an overview of the MMI section? Thanks in advance.
Really chill MMI. It was my first and I was surprised by how easy it was. They do ask follow up questions so leave time for that.II just now! Complete 9/9. International.
Can anyone who’s interviewed here give an overview of the MMI section? Thanks in advance.
And congrats!
D
deleted1075526
I’m a little nervous because I haven’t done MMI before. This makes me feel slightly better lol. Thanks!!!Really chill MMI. It was my first and I was surprised by how easy it was. They do ask follow up questions so leave time for that.
And congrats!
D
deleted1079310
Dang, completed less than a month ago too! Can I ask your stats?II just now! Complete 9/9. International.
Can anyone who’s interviewed here give an overview of the MMI section? Thanks in advance.
D
deleted1075526
Sure. 510/3.9Dang, completed less than a month ago too! Can I ask your stats?
Congrats! What dates did they give you? Are they scheduling out to November?II just now! Complete 9/9. International.
Can anyone who’s interviewed here give an overview of the MMI section? Thanks in advance.
D
deleted1075526
There were only two dates for next week. No dates in November or December.Congrats! What dates did they give you? Are they scheduling out to November?
sorry for the neuroticism, but where all of November/December full, or where there just no dates listed for then? Trying to hold onto hope that they might then be sending out more IIs for nov/dec. thank you 🙏There were only two dates for next week. No dates in November or December.
D
deleted1075526
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the dates were full per se. It seems more to me that they just haven't scheduled interview dates that far.....sorry for the neuroticism, but where all of November/December full, or where there just no dates listed for then? Trying to hold onto hope that they might then be sending out more IIs for nov/dec. thank you 🙏
Congrats!! Their MMI is less scenarios and more like prompts to get to know you.II just now! Complete 9/9. International.
Can anyone who’s interviewed here give an overview of the MMI section? Thanks in advance.
They seem to only have a few dates available at a time. When I got my II, they only had dates for the next two weeks open like what is being described above. I’m sure as they release more invites, they’ll open more dates.sorry for the neuroticism, but where all of November/December full, or where there just no dates listed for then? Trying to hold onto hope that they might then be sending out more IIs for nov/dec. thank you 🙏
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone send thank you notes to their MMI interviewers? I wrote down all their names, but they don't appear in the contact list so I don't want to be weird and look them up if we're not expected to.
No I only sent one to my main faculty interviewerDid anyone send thank you notes to their MMI interviewers? I wrote down all their names, but they don't appear in the contact list so I don't want to be weird and look them up if we're not expected to.
AgitatedSundae73
Full Member
Um just got an email saying I'm missing items from my application? But i have an application complete email from July and my portal says everything is submitted....did this happen to anyone else? I'm so panicked and just emailed.
cs_doc
Full Member
Did you complete all parts of Casper ? Could be thatUm just got an email saying I'm missing items from my application? But i have an application complete email from July and my portal says everything is submitted....did this happen to anyone else? I'm so panicked and just emailed.