You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Michigan
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There is a Slack pageDoes anyone know if there is an accepted student group page yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A!!!! 😭Interviewed in November, deferred in December.
Praying for all of the other deferred candidates in this thread. Don't lose hope!
Praying for all of the other deferred candidates in this thread. Don't lose hope!
Per the admissions director in the admitted students slack group: "We will be sending out our admissions scholarships via email in March. We do not have you apply for scholarships at Michigan, nor are they based on MCAT or GPA".Does anyone know how good Michigan is with aid/merit stuff?
Via the website: "About one-half of our entering students receive some type of scholarship".
Programs & Admissions
Thanks for letting us know! How do you join the slack?Per the admissions director in the admitted students slack group: "We will be sending out our admissions scholarships via email in March. We do not have you apply for scholarships at Michigan, nor are they based on MCAT or GPA".
Via the website: "About one-half of our entering students receive some type of scholarship".
![]()
Programs & Admissions
medicine.umich.edu
Np! You will get added by the admissions team, it’s not something you can look up and join. It was a few weeks after I was admitted that I was added to the slack group.Thanks for letting us know! How do you join the slack?
Trying to hang in there. There have been some recent updates to the acceptance tracker.How are we feeling my fellow deferred?
Prompted my question. I wonder if these updates occur before or after decision notification... Probably the latter 🤧Trying to hang in there. There have been some recent updates to the acceptance tracker.
I think it's the latter based off what I've observed!Prompted my question. I wonder if these updates occur before or after decision notification... Probably the latter 🤧
Are any other deferred applicants seeing alternate list on choose medical school tool?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't see the CYMS tool at all yet.Are any other deferred applicants seeing alternate list on choose medical school tool?
I see this as well, but the Date/Time Received is when I received my initial Deferred Decision... don't think it's any further indication of our status. Also a bit confused because a different school I was WL at is not appearing on this tool?Are any other deferred applicants seeing alternate list on choose medical school tool?
+1I see this as well, but the Date/Time Received is when I received my initial Deferred Decision... don't think it's any further indication of our status. Also a bit confused because a different school I was WL at is not appearing on this tool?
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
I am! Was WL at Pitt and deferred here, but both statuses show “alternate”Are any other deferred applicants seeing alternate list on choose medical school tool?
Yes, they are doing a hybrid thing with limited in person visits and online eventsDoes Mich do second look?
Do you know the date?Yes, they are doing a hybrid thing with limited in person visits and online events
CYMS is only available if you have an acceptance. This includes if you have an alternate list designation.I can't see the CYMS tool at all yet.
I notice that 5 yr avg they accept 380, but only 305 this year. Hope for deferred or due to more deferrals from matriculants?
Has anyone heard about scholarships?
They have four different in person visitsDo you know the date?
waitingwaitingwaiting123
Full Member
Any deferred applicants hear anything? They said “by March” but I’m not sure whether that means mid-March or late March.
Have not heard anything… Debating on reaching out to ask when we can expect to hear a decision?Any deferred applicants hear anything? They said “by March” but I’m not sure whether that means mid-March or late March.
waitingwaitingwaiting123
Full Member
I’ve also considered. Seems like it’s gotta be soon, but I’m also terrified to find out.Have not heard anything… Debating on reaching out to ask when we can expect to hear a decision?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Full tuition scholarship received right now. Omg, I am shaking…
Edit: covers OOS tuition, omgggg
Edit: covers OOS tuition, omgggg
Last edited:
late but +1 scholarship yesterday. Non-resident
My friend currently has a full tuition scholarship from a T50 university. He received a half-tuition scholarship from Michigan and dosent qualify for need based aid. Does anyone know who he should email to try to negotiate aid. I think if he got a little more (10-20k) he would 100% choose Michigan.
D
deleted1080469
I would tell your friend 🙂 to email the admissions directorMy friend currently has a full tuition scholarship from a T50 university. He received a half-tuition scholarship from Michigan and dosent qualify for need based aid. Does anyone know who he should email to try to negotiate aid. I think if he got a little more (10-20k) he would 100% choose Michigan.
SuperSlayer
Full Member
Has anyone gotten the email from the financial aid office to request our COA?
D
deleted1080469
nope, not yet.Has anyone gotten the email from the financial aid office to request our COA?
nope, not yet.
I received the email last Thursday.Has anyone gotten the email from the financial aid office to request our COA?
waitingwaitingwaiting123
Full Member
Haven’t heard anything. I figured it would’ve been yesterday but I guess not. At what point is it acceptable to call?Have any deferred applicants heard back yet? It's already mid-March
waitingwaitingwaiting123
Full Member
Have any deferred decision people heard anything?
Nothing for me, got deferred back in November. My CYMS portal says Alternate ListHave any deferred decision people heard anything?
waitingwaitingwaiting123
Full Member
I think all deferrals do. We are supposed to get updates soon, but I thought it was supposed to be by mid-March.Nothing for me, got deferred back in November. My CYMS portal says Alternate List
downbutnotout
Full Member
Any word for the deferral pool? I feel like it is technically still “mid-March” but we might be approaching “late-March.” Or am I grasping at straws?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
waitingwaitingwaiting123
Full Member
Nope, I’m in the same boat. I really thought it would be today.Any word for the deferral pool? I feel like it is technically still “mid-March” but we might be approaching “late-March.” Or am I grasping at straws?
Deferral -> upper tier WL (historically they've had upper/mid/low)... praying for the smallest chance they actually use the WL a little this year (maybe it could happen due to the lower # of initial acceptances/them trying to figure out their yield considering the people who chose to defer matriculation?)
Last edited:
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
Deferral -> middle tier WL. Looks like that’s the end for me here folks, major congrats to all those with As & all the HTWL best of luck!! fingers crossed for a lot of WL movement!!! ❤️🔥