2021-2022 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you say rejected by a tweet, are you saying that they didn't follow up with e-mails after announcing by tweet that all IIs had gone out? I find that hard to believe, given how they go out of their way to be transparent and communicative.

Unfortunately, the numbers suggest you are probably right. It has nothing to do with being a UM alum. If there are only around one or two dozen IIs left to go, and literally hundreds or thousands of people who still haven't heard, the odds are terrible.

OTOH, they were never that great to begin with, with around 500 IIs going out with over 9K applications. Your odds were always better as a UM alum (around 15% as opposed to around 5%), but still.

Since they have had several R waves, you have to assume you are being actively considered if you haven't already been rejected, even though, you are again correct insofar as they have surely made their decisions by now. The only reason everyone doesn't know is because they are sticking to a schedule, and because they will wait until the very end to let everyone know if case they need to fill in any last minute cancellations.
Yessir, when I said I feel I would have heard something, I meant as in any form of communication, including rejection, because it’s quite possible that another “pile” is created for alum.

Either way, it’s not looking good for all of us 🧐🧐😢😢

Edit: by tweet, I was just going off last year’s posts. Apparently, mich tweeted out that they were basically done with interviews, and applicants received pre-ii rejection letters after that post.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yessir, when I said I feel I would have heard something, I meant as in any form of communication, including rejection, because it’s quite possible that another “pile” is created for alum.

Either way, it’s not looking good for all of us 🧐🧐😢😢

Edit: by tweet, I was just going off last year’s posts. Apparently, mich tweeted out that they were basically done with interviews, and applicants received pre-ii rejection letters after that post.
I am sure you are correct and that alums are reviewed separately from the rest of the pool. Still, I'd be willing to bet that many alums have already been caught by earlier R waves, and that an alum is just as likely as anyone else who has not yet been rejected to receive one of the remaining IIs.

Either way, it's been an exhausting cycle so far and, at least for this school, it will be over by 2/4 for anyone who has not interviewed by then.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You SDN user name did you in.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Pre-II R, complete June….GO BUCKEYES!!!!! 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the Pre-II R. Complete mid-August. Good luck y'all!

Pre-II R, complete 9/14. Sort of expected because I accidentally wrote Georgetown in one of my essays lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, I was looking at past years interviews and noticed that assuming the last day they give out II is next monday and the give ~10-20 II out, this year will have a decent decrease in total II. Curious on people's thoughts because everyone kind of assumed with virtual interviews schools were giving more

Here's the info I found on their website:

Current cycle:
9387 applicants, 396 interviews (so far)

2020-2021

10624 applicants, 455 Interviews

2019-2020
8272 applicants, 468 Interviews

2018-2019
7896 applicants, 507 interviews

2017-2018
7533 applicants, 445 interviews

EDIT: I am just curious and find Michigan's admission process so cool because they are so transparent, I hope this doesn't stir up any anxiety in people who havent heard anything back yet (I'm also in that boat lol)

Hey all, I was looking at past years interviews and noticed that assuming the last day they give out II is next monday and the give ~10-20 II out, this year will have a decent decrease in total II. Curious on people's thoughts because everyone kind of assumed with virtual interviews schools were giving more

Current cycle:

2020-2021

2019-2020

2018-2019

2017-2018

EDIT: I am just curious and find Michigan's admission process so cool because they are so transparent, I hope this doesn't stir up any anxiety in people who havent heard anything back yet (I'm also in that boat)
It is my understanding that a higher-than-usual number of students admitted to start Fall 2021 (current M1 class) deferred (voluntarily) their start to Fall 2022, so it's possible that they are interviewing to fill fewer seats than in previous years

It it my understanding that a higher-than-usual number of students admitted to start Fall 2021 (current M1 class) deferred (voluntarily) their start to Fall 2022, so it's possible that they are interviewing to fill fewer seats than in previous years
oh interesting that makes a ton of sense, I totally would've deferred too

Current cycle:

2020-2021

2019-2020

2018-2019

2017-2018

EDIT: I am just curious and find Michigan's admission process so cool because they are so transparent, I hope this doesn't stir up any anxiety in people who havent heard anything back yet (I'm also in that boat lol)
I also went down this rabbit hole! So hard to know what’s going on behind the scenes

Current cycle:

2020-2021

2019-2020

2018-2019

2017-2018

Wondering if Michigan is also deferring more/accepting less interviewees before their entire interview season is over. Again, just speculating (and praying intensely that less students interviewed = more interviewees ultimately accepted). Thoughts? 🙃

Also, has this thread seen any post-II Rs?

Wondering if Michigan is also deferring more/accepting less interviewees before their entire interview season is over. Again, just speculating (and praying intensely that less students interviewed = more interviewees ultimately accepted). Thoughts? 🙃

Also, has this thread seen any post-II Rs?
No rejections from what I’ve seen. Somebody said they were waitlisted after the first decision release but I am guessing they were deferred and just wrote waitlisted because it’s literally the only one that I’ve seen.

According to their website, it is possible for a file to be closed post interview, but I’ve never seen it on any current or past thread. I’m guessing it’s reserved for people who are rude, disrespectful to staff/peers etc.

Just got hit with the pre-II R, not surprised but still hurts, good luck to everyone else!

• Care
pre-ii R just now. obviously not surprised but still with no As and am feeling down so this kinda stung

• Care
also caught pre-II R this morning, complete July

R, I figured this was coming. It wasn't meant to be. Good luck!

Pre-II R just now. Complete end of October

Michigan only sent out 2 interviews today. Unfortunately it’s likely they are done for this cycle.

Copped the fat Pre-II R this morning. Michigan has finally put me out of my misery lol

Pre-II R this morning. Complete late July, IS with strong ties which stings but sadly not surprised at this point. Onwards!

Are Michigan Mondays over?
I believe so. Last week, they only invited 2 people to interview. (Which likely resulted from cancellations.) Someone else mentioned that a reasonable amount of accepted students from last year deferred their enrollment to the 2022-2023 academic year. This likely accounts for the reduced number of interviews and acceptances offered compared to previous years.

Seems like folks got emails as early as 3/2 or 3/3 last cycle for scholarships.

Just got admitted. 😭😭😭😭 I can hardly believe it.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just admitted with a 1/14 interview date as well. I’m walking around in a daze…..I can hardly believe it

Praying for my fellow deferred folks this month 🤞🤞

Reactions: 8 users