2021-2022 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got mine 2 days after I submitted

Members don't see this ad.

is it worth applying here with low GPA (~3.2/3.3...)/504 MCAT? I have extensive clinical experience (scribing and current full time ER research assistant with patient contact), great EC's/leadership/LOR's. Would appreciate anyone's input on whether or not I should add this school

is it worth applying here with low GPA (~3.2/3.3...)/504 MCAT? I have extensive clinical experience (scribing and current full time ER research assistant with patient contact), great EC's/leadership/LOR's. Would appreciate anyone's input on whether or not I should add this school

seems like they’ve been putting lower stat people on an interview hold recently. However the average is I think a 507 so many people with lower stats shoot their shot and get in, might as well be you if you have the time and money

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It has been about 9 days since I have submitted and nothing. Anyone else?
I replied a bit further up that I haven't heard anything since July 14th. Not really sure what that means. But then again, I suppose no news is good news.

Reactions: 1 user
my GPA is 3.68 but I have a 503 MCAT. I got interview invite waitlisted but other people actually got rejected so there is hope lol. I also have 2700 hours of scribing in the ER.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
for those with invites, when are your interviews? later in august or sept?

Should I still apply here if my MCAT is 506 (waiting for a retake score, but hopefully it is higher than 508), and a GPA of 3.75? I expect my results to come in on August 17th, and will have everything else submitted before then.

for those with invites, when are your interviews? later in august or sept?
Only WLs for interviews have gone out according to others in this thread. No IIs yet.

Should I still apply here if my MCAT is 506 (waiting for a retake score, but hopefully it is higher than 508), and a GPA of 3.75? I expect my results to come in on August 17th, and will have everything else submitted before then.
I mean the average MCAT here is 507 and GPA is like 3.5 so I would say you definitely should if you are interested.

Hey everyone! I submitted my primary application on July 17th and it was verified July 21st. I haven't gotten a secondary from AZCOM but I did get one from CCOM does anyone know how long it takes typically to receive a secondary from here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I submitted my primary application on July 17th and it was verified July 21st. I haven't gotten a secondary from AZCOM but I did get one from CCOM does anyone know how long it takes typically to receive a secondary from here?
Give it a couple weeks. I got it about 2 weeks after primary was transmitted on 6/15.

Give it a couple weeks. I got it about 2 weeks after primary was transmitted on 6/15.
Thank you so much! I was getting a little worried because CCOM sent theirs like two days after it was verified so I thought I did something wrong hahaha.

hey y'all. added the midwestern's a little late... turning in my secondary today... can anyone speak in IS OOS preference?

hey y'all. added the midwestern's a little late... turning in my secondary today... can anyone speak in IS OOS preference?
They’re private schools they don’t care where you’re from

They’re private schools they don’t care where you’re from
I wouldn't be so sure. According to choosedo.org/explorer, AZCOM matriculated 185 in-state students vs just 67 OOS students.

• Sad
I wouldn't be so sure. According to choosedo.org/explorer, AZCOM matriculated 185 in-state students vs just 67 OOS students.

Part of these statistics may also be attributable to in state students choosing familiar locations near their home. That being said 185 vs 67 is quite a stark difference

I would say matriculation data is not a very complete picture of the ratio of IS vs OOS acceptance. We could also assume that OOS students accepted may have been accepted to their IS schools or people from AZ just prefer to stay in a state where they are a bit more familiar. At the end of the day, students are putting down deposits left and right if they are receiving multiple acceptances, right?
Given that AZCOM has both a good reputation and a small deposit, I very much doubt that the disparity would be due to that. For reference, each UA campus receives about 700-800 in-state applications, matriculating about 200 of them. AZCOM matriculates almost 200 more.

For comparison, KCOM, another well-regarded program, matriculated 37 in-state applicants vs 131 OOS. AZCOM clearly has a strong bias towards Arizona residents (which is good, since our public schools do not)

When tuition is 70k, whether or not the school is in your home state becomes a big consideration as to where you go. I’d be interested to see acceptance data instead of matriculation before drawing any conclusions. That being said they might prefer IS

Got an R email today 5 days after getting my complete email (8/5). Quite bizarre for them to send it out at midnight, though.

if people are getting rejections i think no news is good news !

if people are getting rejections i think no news is good news !
Oh, I certainly agree! But sometimes I kind of just want to hear something, you know? Just rip the band-aid off lol

But yeah, we'll see whenever they get around to it!

I got the secondary last week. Working on it today. I want to ask about the CV, so many of my activities overlap, like medical employment do I put in employment section or medical related experience. Aslo clubs and organizations that I did were medical related, so do I include those clubs in medical related or make a separate category?

Oh, I certainly agree! But sometimes I kind of just want to hear something, you know? Just rip the band-aid off lol

But yeah, we'll see whenever they get around to it!
I totally agree lol. been complete since july 12th with no news

I'm not positive but I don't think interview invites go out until later this month at the earliest. After that they start to move pretty quickly since the adcom meets every other wednesday.

Hey guys,
I saw that midwestern itself has some internal outreach programs
but it seems like its only for the illinois campus
does anyone know if the international outreach programs are offered to the glendale campus students as well?

i literally cant find anything about it on their site sooooo

Hi everyone,

I got an interview invite when I opened my portal!!!!! I didn't receive an email but when I went back to check my secondary there was a non-disclosure agreement. Everyone check I guess because I don't know if they ever email you. Interviews aren't available until September. I am an In-State applicant LizzyM 72 Complete like July 2nd.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I got an interview invite when I opened my portal!!!!! I didn't receive an email but when I went back to check my secondary there was a non-disclosure agreement. Everyone check I guess because I don't know if they ever email you. Interviews aren't available until September. I am an In-State applicant LizzyM 72.4 Complete like July 2nd.
Actually, after I signed the non-disclosure they went ahead and sent me an email. I don't know if they were just gonna do that anyway and I just happened to log in at that time. Anyway, they have options for in-person and virtual interviews so if you interview you get to choose!

Hey, congrats! What are your stats? And where did you see the NDA? Was it under Messages?
Thanks! 3.6X gpa 3.4X sgpa 515+ MCAT. The NDA was the first thing that came up when I logged in to the portal!

I just opened my email and I got an II!!! I am so excited! This is my first one! I had just gotten two pre-II holds before this, and I was trying not to feel discouraged. I knew it was still early, and I couldn't expect to get interviews from every school. But, this is really a confidence boost. : )

As someone said before, there is a virtual or in-person option, and first available dates I have are September.

Stats: OOS (but I have lived there in the past), cGPA 3.5X, sGPA 3.3X, (significant upward trend), MCAT 514.

Last edited:
I just opened my email and I got an II!!! I am so excited! This is my first one! I had just gotten two pre-II holds before this, and I was trying not to feel discouraged. I knew it was still early, and I couldn't expect to get interviews from every school. But, this is really confidence boost. : )

As someone said before, there is a virtual or in-person option, and first available dates I have our September.

Stats: OOS (but I have lived there in the past), cGPA 3.5X, sGPA 3.3X, MCAT 514.
Congrats! Getting that first interview invite is a big reason to celebrate!

Still haven’t gotten any update on my portal or an R

Reactions: 4 users
My portal says its still missing my LOR when every other school has received it, including CCOM. Should I wait longer or send an email?

II received in the middle of the night! IS, completed 6/28. My first one of the cycle, very excited! Scheduled for in-person on 9/9

Sooo, they sent me the exact same R email again 3 days after for some reason. For those who got an R, did this also happen to you guys? They sent it exactly the same time at 12:41 from my last R email. The "DENY" in the email subject physically hurt me a second time lol. Why do they gotta hurt me again

• Care
I’m so sorry. That’s brutal
Sooo, they sent me the exact same R email again 3 days after for some reason. For those who got an R, did this also happen to you guys? They sent it exactly the same time at 12:41 from my last R email. The "DENY" in the email subject physically hurt me a second time lol. Why do they gotta hurt me again

I submitted my application on 06/29, Complete email on 07/02, and haven't heard anything from them, anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 3 users